Round 11: FC Schalke 04 v. Bayern Munich Pre/Post [R]

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by miko, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    If we perform like we did against Nuremberg, Schalke have a good chance. Hopefully Kahn, Deisler and Maakay can keep up their recent good form.

2. erwink

erwink New Member

Mar 29, 2003
    california
    Desiler's strained vagina seems to have acted up again. How long will he be sidelined this time?

3. Texan

Texan New Member

Jan 8, 2001
    The Dortmund match next week quickly becomes a must-win situation, if it wasn't before. If Leverkusen wins tomorrow we'll be seven points behind the leader. :(

4. miko

miko New Member

Jun 5, 2003
    Ireland
    We're not even in a Champion's League spot at the moment! :eek:

5. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    Deisler is certainly questionable against Lyon. At the moment nothing is confirmed, first diagnosis is a muscle pull.

the match: Who watched it? I did and what a pathetic display of football by Bayern. Did Frank Rost even make a save during the 90mins? Only positive event worth mentioning is Kahn's spectacular save from Asamoah's header. The rest was horrible. I can't even decide who's Bayerns best player was yesterday... so I'm going to do a worst player verdict.

Robert Kovac, gave away a penalty and played sloppy throughout the entire match. Second goal he just stopped running after Kamphuis.
    His contribution to the match: Penalty, Yellow Card, intercepted passes, second Goal. One of the worst games I've seen him play this season. Jeremies? I had a lot of respect for him before, he was Germany's Gattuso; but since his injury he is just crap now. Everytime he plays he disappears.
    Other worst player awards go to Ze Roberto, Santa Cruz, Ballack and Salihamadizic.

I also believe if it weren't for this bastard referee we could have won. All the calls initially were against us!! Linke did not deserve that red card!! This is the second time a red has not been deserved this season for Bayern.

Schalke is really turning into Bayern's bogey team.
    Next week Dortmund is a must win

6. soccerfreak #1

soccerfreak #1 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Cologne
    Some corrections: The header was from Hanke, the foul(that was non) that lead to the pk was from Linke and the red card was absolutely correct.

7. 210597

210597 Member

Nov 1, 2003
    Munich
    Greatest game I saw since finally getting a Schalke season ticket in '02.

The entire Arena stands on 83 minutes (even the guys in the main stand with the Armani), and starts chanting, really screaming "DER S04, DER S04, DER S04 IST WIEDER DA!" (schalke's back, simply translated). And it's like all the loads of the last few months fell off all our shoulders at once. You live for games like this. One of the Ultras mooned Bayern for the last 10 minutes, funniest thing ever: http://www.revier-sport.de/shop/das_aktuelle_heft/

Bayern, wir hören nix! :)

And for the Bayern bitches to complain about the one time in 300,000 that a call doesn't go their way, I got two words, TOUGH *#*#*#*#. Niels Oude Kamphuis doesnt even know how to execute a dive, and I know it's true because he himself said so on the Sportschau...

8. Basti

Basti New Member

May 9, 2002
    My mistake soccerfreak#1, so it was Linke? Aiee this guy gets so sloppy sometimes.

I take it back Robert, you're still one of my heroes :D

Do you really think it was a deserved red card though? A little harsh no?

9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I saw the first half and was too disappointed to see the second(I bet money on it).

1) The PK was a dive.

2) But Schalke still deserved to be ahead in the first half. Bayern lost control of the midfield.
    Bayern had no real attack, except Santa Cruz"s miss.

3) Linke's red was harsh, but some contact was made!!! I did not see it clearly. It seemed that Linke was looking the other way(toward the ck) when he hit the Schalke player.

10. Syncope

Syncope New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Yes. Yes. And yes.

Schalke deserved to win on both counts: chances created and acting. Bayern sucked; Schalke was only bad. Want to bet that Bayern's amateurs would at least try?