Round 1: Vitória SC vs FC Porto

Discussion in 'FC Porto' started by Chacal, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    its the type of pk that should be called (a player grabs another player around the neck and pulls him to the ground) but often enough the refs let the crazy melee in the box go without a penalty.

either way, it doesnt matter much when you win the league by 30 points :p
    the losers will cry, the winners will ignore it

2. PortoDragons

PortoDragons Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    FC Porto
    ^ Yea. After re-watching the game on a clear television, I say it's a PK. The defender puts his arm around Sapunaru and brings him down.

3. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    http://www.ojogo.pt/27-227/artigo941214.asp
    Penálti sobre Sapunaru indiscutível (Penalty on Sapunaru is indisputable)

4. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    aggreed its a penatly. but time and time again, depending on team and ref, not always called. in your honest opinion, just like the guimares goalie said after the game, do you think that penalty is called if it happened on other end of field? we'll never know, but i would say probably not.

5. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not only do you not require "proof", but now you speculate about what would the referee have done if *insert imaginary situation*. Seriously, who are you trying to fool?

The decision was CORRECT, you agree, but remarkably you keep insinuating that the ref is still pro-Porto because he didn't make an incorrect decision? GTFO.

6. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Watched the replays and it's a penalty. Not sure why there in any doubt on this one.

7. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i don't disagree with you dude. in my eyes it's a penalty. all i'm saying is why aren't all calls consistent accross the league regardless of what teams are on the field.

8. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    any sport. any league. the bigger name will get more calls.
    same situation but replace porto with sporting, sporting gets the call.
    porto, benefica, and sporting all will receive slightly better treatment from the refs than all the other teams, because pissing off the fans of those teams is a lot more significant.

9. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    altho i think it was the neck that got the call. theres always jostling, but you don't always see someone pulled down by the neck. i think this one would have been called the same way on the other side of the field. the ref seemed fair to me, plenty of fouls and cards on both sides

10. heavy1981

heavy1981 Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i assume you didn't watch the sporting game.

11. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That's what you get for feeding the troll... At least Z is funny, not a hypocrite pretending to be reasonable when he's anything but.

12. TeSo

TeSo Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How many minutes did Falcao play? I'm anxious for him to just start beasting it again. No offense to Kleber... I like Falcao a lot better.

Hopefully he will not be sold to Atletico.

13. Bianconeri13

Bianconeri13 Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Anaheim, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    why would i ? :p
    compare the calls the big 3 get vs the rest over a season, and it will be obvious. you might have a rebel ref here or there with a vendetta, but it will more than balance out :cool:
    *not saying i like it but that's how major sports are played

14. Chacal

Chacal Member

Oct 11, 2010
    California
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He got about 25 minutes if I remember correctly, didn't really have any chances on goal.

15. palynka

palynka Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He had a header that could have been quite dangerous if he had taken it well.