Pre-match: Round 1, Group D, 2014 World Cup qualifying game nr. 5/10 : Netherlands vs Estonia

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 20, 2013.

1. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    OK, you can debate about Robben but Sneijder is plain clear. He is poor for many years with one bright moment at euro2012. For the national team he has also played not a proper match for a while. And I follow Fenerbahce now; Sneijder is not well rated over there. Poor in both Champions League games, poor in the league. I feel sorry for the ones who thought that he was the next Hagi.

2. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    How many players have single handedly scored wonder-goals and dragged an average team to a CL Final all by oneself?

Anyways Robben is still the only World Class Player who can still score a game deciding & Cup Deciding Wonder-Strike against a 2Time BL Winner Dortmund, who just ate Madrid(Current La Liga champs who beat Barca twice recently).

You'r pissed off because Feyenoord have never produced a player like Robben who will go down as a Legend.

3. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Robben is a player of highs and lows to be honest. At Bayern he can be fantastic one game and the next game destroy every attack because he wants to make a goal.

In Oranje he seems to be a bit more constrained.. on a leash.. Also playing on the left instead of on the right recently..
    Dont know what exactly is the difference, but I find him better and more consistant for Oranje than Bayern (who i watch very frequently).

Regardless, he is one of our best and my god I hope he will be fit and ready to bite a tiger for the WC.

4. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sneijder is replaced by Maher for the next game

5. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the chances for Vilhena to make his debute are decreased because of this o_O
    Van Gaal should start with Vdvaart, Strootman and De Guzman on the midfield.
    Though Strootman didn't play well against Estonia, I guess there ain't a better player than him at the position he plays.

6. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :ROFLMAO:!

7. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not so sure that it decreases Vilhena's chance. He was called up as the backup box to box player So his chances of starting are dependant on what LvG thinks of Strootman's play against Estonia.

8. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    On re-watching the game, I see a huge difference from the BVM era. It has been such a slow and gradual change bit by bit that the end product today is very satisfying. It will only get better in 1 year.

Youth has been ushered in and experienced guys are still there and are getting chances to prove themselves. What is noticeable is the team defends as a unit, presses hard and everyone is very comfortable on the ball. The whole team is 1 Very Good Footballing Unit.

RVP does fit time way better than Huntelaar. Same with Lens. It does make a difference when your lead ST has a good first, touch and can interchange positions with the wingers and play good football as a whole.

The Defense still needs some qualities. Blind-Janmaat are not that good defensively and De Vrij is a softie. BMI has the toughness, aerial presence and game reading skills way better than De Vrij and I see more courage in him too. He will be a World Class Defender one day.

I hope Clasie-VDV/Maher-Vilhena will the preferred Mid-field in the next match with Ola John coming in for Lens at RW. And Ofcourse Van Rhijn for Janmaat.

9. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    He also makes stupid decisions and has no overview. Against real opposition that is a liability and a guarantee for ruining the shape of the team. That is also why it is rumoured that Guardiola does not like him as a player. If Van Gaal is faithful to his own ideas, then Robben does not fit well.

Sneijder is a different story though, he is surely past it.

10. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Well the thing about Romours is they are Romours. I dont want to drag this subject of rumours but its stupid on my part to comment on rumours.

Besides Ibra was thrown away by Guardiola as well and he is champion player. Same way Fabregas was bought and he's a real liability to the team shape wise.

Guardiola is not a God, anyways, I think Van Gaal is better than him anyway and he'll get the best out of him.

And Guardiola wanted Robben when he was Barca Coach.

The future will decide but I wish there was someone in Robben's Level. The talents in mid-field are great but neither guys like lens nor ola have the magic which Robben has. You can still see skill wise he is ahead of almost everyone in the time.

11. They should shift him to Feyenoord as soon as possible when he does that:)

12. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Messi can probably buy Feyenoord the club in a few years.

13. Even better, a player that makes us champions year after year and brings money instead of taking it............brilliant:)

14. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Sounds Cool. Maybe if you sell your stadium you can pay his salary