Rothman's Medal 2022/23

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Jul 20, 2022.

?

How long will DrH update the Rothman's Medal for?

1. 1 Game Week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Until he starts going shit and loses interest

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. The whole season .. pfffff

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Until the NRL starts in March 2023

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. What is the Rothman's Medal ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    *sniff sniff * .. what's that smell? :sick:

No it is not @Keyser Soze von SF at Nigel's wedding (very big location joke.. but trust me you did NOT want to be there !) ...

No, the Rothman's Medal is back (well for now:whistling:). Preparation is key apparently, so I have even done my spreadsheet up already :geek:. Link is below so can all, especially the newcomers , check to make sure I have their Team Name correct etc, as I am juts going off Blech's post in the "intent to continue post", and frankly Blech is not be trusted :p

No more dribble from me, that will come in spades once the competition gets underway.

For the newcomers...., and those who forget (some chose to on purpose I'm sure!) :D...

The Rothmans Medal will be awarded to the manager whose starting 11 acquires the most Bonus points throughout the entire season. It is only based on your starting 11 each week and there are no double ups for captains. It will span across all 3 Leagues / 24 Teams.

A bit of history for you non-aussies...... the Rothman's medal was awarded back when all sports were cool in the 70's and 80's to the best and fairest player in the National Rugby League Competition. It was voted on by referees on a 3,2,1 points system for each game and player who polled the most points for the season got the medal. It was abondoned in 1997 when tobacco companies stopped being allowed to sponsor sporting events etc.:(

For those who get bored easy, or amused even easier, there will be a weekly (or as close to weekly as I can get) update posted here. Level of amusement/ clarity/ spelling/ grammar / general sensemaking varies greatly depending on what time of the night this is written, and how many red wines have been consumed before and during the post writing... :coffee: :)

Giddyup.jpg

EFC MXM and tarvinodos repped this.
  2. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  3. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha, tricked yous. It is not really the update :p. Just letting those fellas know who assisted me last year, that I am awake, alive, focused and all that jazz, so no need to do the Medal updates for me..... well not just yet anyway :D

I have been away for the weekend for the daughters 30th Birthday (I will be recovering for weeks !!!! ) , but this will be up I would say in next 48 hrs ;):)

EFC MXM, tarvinodos, blech and 1 other person repped this.
  4. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Peloton:

11 = FC St Pauli Small 4
    12 = BoRussia DaMarcus Sand 3
    13 = Aviators VSR 2
    14 = Living in Dreamland Sand 2
    15 = Soccer Steve VSR 2
    16 = Stormin Gunners Sand 2
    17 = Tangers FC Small 2
    18 = The Javelina Sand 2
    19 = Game of Ohhs VSR 1
    20 = Journeyman Small 1
    21 = Lokomotiv Lewisham VSR 1
    22 = Real Newark VSR 1
    23 = Keyser Soze Wanderers Small 0
    24 = Starboy XI Sand 0

5. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    1st - ColdDogSoup FC (Small) 10pts (3pts- Kulusevski & Mitrovic; 2pts -Salah, 1pt- Ake & Darwin) ... seems like "lot's of soup for you !" this week, as @lobomojo tops this Table, and it seems every Table in All Rocks Land. Being a spurs "fan" (as in that is the team I like to watch most out a sport I hardly watch lol), I am looking forward to seeing how this Kulusevski fellow goes in real life .. scrolls Fixture list... Spurs vs Chelsea 1.30 am Sunday Night ,.. umm no :confused:, next week Spurs vs Wolves 9.30pm Saturday night.,.. now that's more like it !:D .. Salah gets 2 points, I hope it was not for that goal cause I could have scored that, and no I am not dirty cause I did not start Salah in my open team and went for the Kane /Son combo... bugger !:ninja:
    2nd- Sasha Juniors (VSR) 9pts (3pts - Kulusevski & Haaland, 2pts- Harrison, 1pt- Darwin) . what could have been for old @tarvinodos as he leaves 5 BP's on the bench courtesy of Zinchenko & Ward-Prowse. In saying that I have no sympathy for him as he seems to just get relegated on purpose every couple of years so he can drop a level and beat up on all us VSRers to boost his ego .. and he is off to a flyer so far. And this Haaland joker, they really need to get rid of his image from the FPL landing page banner... he fair dinkum looks like some weirdo half mafia boss/ half alien dude and I am having nighmares. I am no Tom Cruise... but I hope that is a just a bad shot of him.... geez. I would be getting my manager to contact FPL and change his " profile pic" just quietly :geek:
    3rd - Parraraiders (Sand) 8pts (3pts- Kulusevski, 2pts- Salah & Targett, 1pt- Darwin) ... well we know that this first round must have been officially a joke when @Mal (smash ya out) is coming 3rd ... pff... wtf ! o_O. He reckons he will smash everyone in Sand and join me in VSR next year... no wait, no he won't as I will be relegated lol. Thank god he left Wellbeck and his 2 points on the bench, otherwise he would have been equal 1st and then my head would have really exploded. :x3:
    4th - Top Shelf Small 8pts (3pts-Podence & Haaland, 2pts-James) .... mmm Podence ? .. sounds like one of the Disney Princesses (and trust me I know them all unfortunately due to having 3 lovely daughters !) , so I should be deducting points for lamenameness. But unlike @blech in other inferior side competitions, I do not just make up convoluted extra rules willy nilly to suit myself or just to make myself look smart. So Princess Podence's points stand. :p
    5th - blechs dawgs (Small) 5pts (3pts - Zinchenko, 2pts-Targett) - oh speak of the devil ... Blech has dropped from the lofty heights of smashing everyone is every comp last year (which he spams into the "All Rocks History" as often as he can.. and I swear there are double and triple ups in there) .. to a lowly (by Blech standards) 5th this week. And one question I have wondered for years is why is your team name all lower case... is your shift key broken? Or are you actually cooler than you appear on here and have a twitter handle or something:whistling: ? nd I too have this Zinchenko chap in my Open Team (god knows why !) but he sounds like a goodn so will be keeping an eye on him, even though he plays for stupid Arsenal.
    6th - FC Epikinos (Sand) 5pts (3pts- Zinchenko, 2pts- Salibah) .. mmm I hope my previous comment does not upset Eric as his 2 point scorers are Gunners, and he also has Jesus (I think it would be really cool if this bloke grew a long hair and a beard and played in robes) ... so is maybe a Arsenal supporter ?? Probably can go back and check on BS.. but too lazy. As a Sand competitor all I can say Epik is please beat ParaRaiders ... please please please :inlove:
    7th - Glorydaze (Small) 5pts (2pts- Cancelo & Toney, 1pt- Azpiluceuta) - Glory Daze in deed.... Azpliaphabet is still playing ! wtf.. I thought he was in a retirement village somewhere. And how is he playing instead of my late Alonso.. what's going on !?!
    8th - Kopite Juniors (VSR) 5pts (2pts- James & Salah, 1pt- Gabriel) - sneaky Uncle Adams sneaks into the Top 10 here , and could have snuck even morer if he didn't leave 4 pts on the bench, including 3 big ones from Mitrovic. Geez... how could you not see a 2 goal/ 3 bonus pt game coming against the mighty Liverpool Mark ? what are you doing seriously ?! Back to Sand for you I am afraid :coffee:
    9th - Morning Glory (Sand) 5pts (2pts- Cancelo & Toney, 1pt - Trippier) - my favourite team name ( well besides my own) .. eeks out 5 points in this comp, and less impressively beats me in the Golden Boot match up.... mainly due to me being the nice bloke I am and correcting a rare Tarv adding up error. So when you are reading all this dribble thinking I am just a Dickhead, remember this act of kindness and know there is someone with a heart and feelings underneath it all :sick:
    10th - BiggerBoat (VSR) 4pts (2pts - Cancelo & Targett) - 4 pts is hardly worth writing about... so I wont say anything. .. apart from asking if there are any doctors or physios out there ( and no ParaRaiders I know you are not one so shhhhh) who can advise me on Jota and Martial ... so that I do not hold on to them for 36 gameweeks like I did Vardy and Bamford last year :mad:

Wendys, tarvinodos, kopiteinkc and 2 others repped this.
  6. glorydaze

glorydaze Member+

Liverpool FC
    Apr 5, 2007
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome rundown!...but now that you've set such a high bar for Rothman magniloquence, i can't wait for next week and the next week and the next week and the next week and the next week and....

DrHeckle, kopiteinkc and lobomojo repped this.
  7. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Don't hold your breath ...:sneaky::laugh:

glorydaze repped this.
  8. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Peleton:

11 (+6) Tangers FC (Small) 7
    12 (-1) FC St Pauli (Small) 6
    13 (-3) BiggerBoat (VSR) 6
    14 (-6) Kopite Juniors (VSR) 6
    15 (-2) Aviators (VSR) 5
    16 (-1) Soccer Steve (VSR) 5
    17 (-12) blechs dawgs (Small) 5
    18 (-2) Stormin Gunners (Sand) 4
    19 (+5) Starboy XI (Sand) 3
    20 (+3) Keyser Soze Wanderers (Small) 3
    21 (+1) Real Newark (VSR) 3
    22 -(4) The Javelina (Sand) 3
    23 (-3) Journeyman (Small) 2
    24 (-3) Lokomotiv Lewisham (VSR) 2

blech repped this.
  9. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    1st (+6) Glorydaze (Small) 21pts: This week 16pts (3pts- Pope, DeBruyne, Diaz & Watkins, 2pts- Cancelo, 1pt- Martinelli & Toney) - ummm what !!! stop the fight ! 16 points is crazy.:confused: Dazey scored more in Bonus points than good old Pararaiders did total points :whistling:.. now that is funny. Not entirely convinced how a GK can get 3 bonus points ... maybe in a pinch with a penalty save?? but Popey has nabbed 3 pts here, maybe just cause the rest of his team is crap :sick:
    2nd (+17) Game of Ohhs (VSR) 11pts. This week 10pts (3pts- Pope, Diaz & Jesus, 1pt- Trippier) - bullet of the week is Game of Ohhs (still don't know what that means?) jumping up 17 places to 2nd. Another Pope owner, and it seems all 3 Pope owners are in the top 10... the Vatican would be so proud.:inlove:
    3rd (+11) Living in Dreamland (Sand) 11pts. This week 9pts (3pts - Sa & Watkins, 2pts- Kane, 1pt- James) - Oh for goodness sake .. another 3 point keeper ! No wonder everyone was picking up Keepers in Rd 6 of Draft etc... I must have missed the BP point system change memo where standing around watching the rest of your team play gets you points??? At least Sa did a Penalty save I guess :thumbsup:
    4th (+2) FC Epikinos (Sand) 11pts. This week 6pts (3pts- Diaz & Jesus) - this could have been the 3rd Keeper with Bonus points here, but Epik has left Forests's Henderson on his bench, along with his 14pts (inc 3x BP) . Now I watched this game, and take back everything I said above .. this guy was a legend.. On fire, and is now in The Boat's team :D
    5th (+4) Morning Glory (Sand) 11pts. This week 6pts (2pts- Cancelo & Gundagan, 1pt- Toney & Trippier) - Bloody Gundagan (aka Jar Jar)... I picked him up late last year and totally forgot about him in the Draft. I was impressed by his admission that he scored like 3 goals in 2 minutes in that final league winning game last year because he was all upset and enraged about being left on the bench. Big Scorpio energy right there ! Surprised though it takes that motivation for you to actually play good .. not the Katrillion dollars you get paid to score goals and stuff. o_O
    6th (-5) ColdDogSoup FC (Small) 11pts. This week 1pt (1pt- Nico Williams) - Fall from grace for the Soup... but this Williams character goes Ok. On watching I went to transfer him in but some other stupid VSR manager already had him so that sucked a bit.
    7th (-5) Sasha Juniors (VSR) 10pts. This week 1pt (1pt-Martinelli) - another fall from grace for a Big Soccer old timer.. but no sympathy here as not only did he snap up the abovementioned Jar Jar, he dropped Eze Peze, who scored a BP against the Pool ! Harsh treatment indeed. No flies on Tarv :coffee:
    8th (+4) BoRussia DaMarcus (Sand) 9pts. This week 6pts (3pts- Pope, 2pts- Mee, 1pt-Ings) - well this Team name is a mouthful ... explanation needed please - the 3rd Pope owner appears, and 2 pts to Mee, who I thought was retired, so he too in now in the Boat, so he better get rowing :p
    9th (-5) Top Shelf (Small) 9pts. This week 1pt (1pt-James) - drops down to 2nd/3rd shelf down .. kind of like me ordering drinks the other night when I saw the price of the Top ones... holy moley !
    10th (-7) Parraraiders (Sand) 8pts. This week 0pts (lol) - this is more like it.... normally takes a few weeks to choke, but has managed to do so in world record time this season :ROFLMAO:

lobomojo, Wendys and glorydaze repped this.
  10. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rotho.png

blech and Wendys repped this.
  11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    hooray for international breaks that give Dr.H time to catch up!

12. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Haha they are a godsend :). "Proper" footy is over here now...my team went bang bang two losees and out ! :(:confused:.. so less distractions for me from here on. Might actually watch some soccer, Spurs Arsenal 9.30pm Sat NIght this week looks like a good one:geek:.. hopefully I am still conscious by that time :whistling::laugh:

13. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hi y'all

No I am not dead... OK stop booing :p;)

Have been a bit pre-occupied as usual, but will endeavour to get the Medal back up to date by time next GW rolls around... which I believe is 4th Feb due to FA Cup games this weekend. Gee look how across it all I am now :p

and look out VSR...I will strat trying now in a last ditch effort to drop in to Sand........ like ewwwwww :sick::x3:

tarvinodos and blech repped this.