Rotherham United

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Myshoe, May 31, 2014.

1. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah I bet there are loads of Owls fans wanting to go as it's practically an home match but we only usually allocate about 2000 for away fans.

IvanIV repped this.
  2. IvanIV

IvanIV King of all He purveys

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    o think it was less than that this time around. do they behave themselves? are our fans assholes? or are they a decent sort?

3. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You've only been given 1250 tickets apparently, that's less than usual but probably because of the increased demand from our fans.

There's a bit of animosity but it's mostly verbal, the next day everybody goes back to work together. It's more about the bragging rights, whoever wins their fans can take the **** until the next meeting. It's probably not as big a deal in Sheffield but here in Rotherham there's a bigger mix of Rotherham/Wednesday fans, like in Sheffield with the Blades/Wednesday split.

Some of our fans have been talking about buying some of these to wave around...
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-GIANT-...362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f455821c2

IvanIV repped this.
  4. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lost again but we still moved above Fulham on GD.

We've got a couple of injuries and suspensions for Saturday, players will probably be tired due to 3 games in a week and we can't score to save our lives. I'll happily take a 0-0 against Wednesday this weekend.

IvanIV repped this.
  5. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    You guys seemed to have a few near misses yesterday could've easily been a 2-2 draw.

Myshoe repped this.
  6. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah we don't really struggle to create chances we just don't score enough of them when we do, if we had a top striker we'd easily be mid table now I think. That said, Forest are one of the form teams in the division so it wasn't a bad result/performance really.

The only real negative is the way we still panic and go gung ho after going a goal down (it worked for us in League One/Two but in this league you just get punished), if we'd just tightened up at 1-0 and been patient we may have got a late equaliser but at 2-0 it was a mountain to climb.

IvanIV repped this.
  7. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    How did you guys hopscotch Fulham with a loss?

8. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goal differential...

[​IMG]

9. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  10. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uh oh...

11. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still reeling that we lost after being in front twice with so little time to go, credit to you lot for scoring two goals in injury time but we seem to be the biggest chokers in the division.

We'll have Arnason back from suspension next match he should be put straight back into defence alongside Morgan otherwise I think we'll have to rely on Wigan/Millwall continuing to be crap.

12. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Probably from dropping to the ground after Wednesday score three in twelve minutes.

Myshoe and IvanIV repped this.
  14. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm surprised that there weren't a few Wednesday fans too!

15. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    u ok @Myshoe ...? haven't heard from ya in a while...

[​IMG]

16. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #166 Myshoe, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Yeah just taking a break during the international break. :thumbsup:

Half time and it's already game over, I hate to point fingers but we've not been good enough defensively since the Arnason/Morgan CB partnership was broken up against Derby, they were both available for today so no idea why Evan's doesn't pick them both, I guess he's resting Arnason following his international games but we need him tbh. I'd hate for us to get relegated but given the past month or so I couldn't complain if we did. The only glimmer of hope at the moment is that the teams below us are just as bad.

17. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    2-1 game on!!

palimino and IvanIV repped this.
  18. IvanIV

Apr 8, 2006
    TN
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UP THE MILLERS!

palimino repped this.
  19. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finished 2-1 the damage was done in the first half, the only bit of bad news is Millwall winning against 10 man Charlton although they're effectively 5pts behind us on GD anyway.

The game against Brighton is HUGE now.

palimino and IvanIV repped this.
  20. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've just realised why Arnason was left out he's still serving a 2 match ban for accumulation of yellow cards, he should be straight back in alongside Morgan for Monday and hopefully that'll tighten us up defensively. I think we've payed the price of having poor depth in our squad this past month or two.

palimino repped this.
  21. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Good luck against BHA today!

Myshoe and palimino repped this.
  22. palimino

palimino New Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Club:
    Sheffield Wednesday FC
    well done!

Myshoe repped this.
  23. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #173 Myshoe, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    Morgan is apparently serving suspension for accumulation of yellow cards now, you couldn't make it up, him and Arnason seem doomed to never partner one another ever again. :unsure:

We went with similar lineup to that which beat Huddersfield with Arnason in midfield and the young Derby defender Rawson in defence, thankfully another vital win it's going to take something extraordinary for us to get relegated now. :)

24. baseballbert

baseballbert Member

Jun 18, 2014
    Congrats on your win today! A hopscotching of Fulham to get seven points clear.

With Blackpool being relegated I am definitely pulling for your squad to stay up!

Myshoe repped this.
  25. Myshoe

Myshoe Member+

May 25, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #175 Myshoe, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    We're effectively 8pts clear unless Millwall improve their goal difference considerably or we get a few unexpected thrashings, Millwall have a game in hand mind but it's against Watford. :thumbsup:

Wigan have just sacked Mackay I hope they don't get new manager bounce, thankfully they don't have many games left even if they do turn their form around.

palimino repped this.