Roster Updates

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Jun 24, 2010.

1. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

But you kept a player, an international, also still injured, who's 5 years older and was already a failure in Jersey and St. Louis...

Was her contract was already guaranteed???

I guess that makes her our Taylor Twellman.....except Taylor has 101 league goals...of course!

2. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard that international players have guaranteed contracts as a general rule. Bogus is gone again.

3. Andy Crossley

Andy Crossley Member

Oct 23, 2007
    It's team policy not to comment on the contract status of individual players.

But - as a general rule - if you are befuddled by the fact that a WPS benchwarming player or a player limited by injuries is kept on while a seemingly more productive player is waived, you should take into account that guaranteed/semi-guaranteed status probably is a factor in the move.

4. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Andy, you mentioned that Igwe and Wiemer were signed to developmental contracts, yet they don't appear on the team roster on the web and I don't see them in the WPS transactions list. Where do they stand?

Marquez is also gone according to the transactions list. The roster seems to have empty spaces. I see 18 (2 developmental as far as I can see) on the Breakers roster page.