Roster related news

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by ButlerBob, Oct 12, 2014.

1. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. mikehurst21

mikehurst21 Member

Oklahoma City Energy FC
    United States
    Nov 6, 2013
    Moore Oklahoma
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who has the Saint Lpuis FC signed lately ?

3. ladieckhaus

ladieckhaus New Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    They are apparently waiting until they have a core group of guys before they announce. If you are wanting good information on the team find the st. louiligans on facebook or twitter.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Renken knows what expectations were placed on him, and he knows he hasn’t hit them. But this isn’t a story about a failed prospect, nor is it one about a burned-out has-been. Renken isn’t in MLS, hasn’t starred in any commercials and certainly won’t be at the Gold Cup, but he’s young and still developing, taking advantage of a chance in a competitive environment with a coach who believes in him, finally able to show some of the potential that dazzled so many a few short years ago.

He is a pro, and is turning into a good one. Now he’s looking for just a little bit extra.

“A lot of times I wasn’t too happy about how things were going, but at the same time I would think, 'Tomorrow is another day; things will get better,'” Renken said. “A lot of the times were hard, but in order to succeed, you have to go through hurdles, and then you have to look at those hurdles not as a setback, but as something that can help you get better. That’s how I tried to look at it. Even now, that’s how I look at it.

“I think the combination of everything has helped me do good here, but I would like to do great, and do more.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/...referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

6. mangerson

mangerson Member+

Sacramento Republic, San Jose Earthquakes
    Jan 8, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congratulations on signing both Mirkovic and Guzman. Both are tough, aggressive MF's. We already miss them. Sure, Mirkovic will lead the league in yellow cards again but it is good to have some bite in the center of the pitch from a guy who won't back down from anyone.

As for Guzman, his first touch can be heavy and sometimes he tries to thread the ball through a needle that isn't there, but he's a good, aggressive offensive player that can make things happen for his teammates.

Not surprised they reunited with Preki.

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.empireofsoccer.com/nyrb-iis-konrad-plewa-signs-with-st-louis-fc-57382/

NYRB II 2016 USL playoff hero Konrad Plewa has signed with St. Louis FC, joining the Preki rebuild project for the 2017 season.

“Konrad provides another steady defensive presence with not only good defensive habits but he is also very comfortable on the ball and making good decisions,” said St. Louis FC general manager Jeremy Alumbaugh. “His playoff experience and role in the championship run last season adds to our strong defensive core.”

Plewa was a fan favorite and a NYRB II original. He played for New York Red Bull II during their first two seasons in the USL. The Polish player was a Red Bull academy product and attended Seton Hall University from 2011 to 2015. During his time in New York, Plewa made 23 appearances and scored three goals.