Roster & FO Changes Offseason 2022-23

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by rslfanboy, Oct 6, 2022.

1. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. The actions of the person/people at the top of the Org Chart usually tells you everything you need to need to know about an organization

2. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if there's a more appropriate thread, but can anyone tell me who this Scott Krase (sp?) guy is? I was listening to Trey's latest episode with Elliot (no real new information, spoiler alert) and it reminded me that he keeps mentioning this Scott guy. Now, I feel like I pay pretty close attention to club news, but I've never heard who this guy is. He's mentioned as an owner like David and Ryan. Just wondering who he is and what he does to get mentioned by Trey and others so often. Thanks.

3. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Along with Blitzer and Smith, he’s a main owner of RSL. I did a Google search on him. He shows up a lot in wealth management and investment fund information. Graduate of The Wharton School. Involved with some good philanthropic efforts. The fact that Trey mentions him a lot is a strong indication that he’s involved with the club.

Allez RSL and Med_Phys repped this.
  4. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What do y’all think? Is there any truth to the rumor that RSL has made a large offer to Nicolas Larcamon to be our coach? I, for one, am on board with spending bucks to bring in a top level coach. If we do something like this my excitement will measurably grow.

5. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure part of it is lost in translation, but I've seen him with the title of coach/manager and technical director.
    I'm not opposed at all to bringing him in, but I don't think it will be for the role of a coach. I'm wondering if there's some kind of organizational role for him. But who would be worth bringing with him from Puebla though?

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almeyda from San Jose is a cautionary tale - big name brought in, entire organizational shift to accompany him, terrible performance now pervasive in the Quakes set up.

7. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goobx1 and rslfanboy repped this.
  8. RSLer

RSLer Member+

Sep 24, 2008
    Stansbury Park, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not back yet and if Twitter is to be believed, he basically said he doesn't think he'll be back.
    Then there's the talk of him not wanting to be a center forward...

10. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    Nothing official, but he tweeted out a bit ago that he doesn't think he'll return to RSL.
    Keep linking more often! It's hard just to take your word for it.

11. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bobby was... ok when he was healthy. Also, he was never healthy. So, not much lost there. I was behind Sergio when no one else was. Mostly out of necessity because there was, well, no one else to get behind. I wouldn't have minded if he came back but I'll admit that it shouldn't be that hard to upgrade from him. So, if neither are coming back I'm ok with it.... as long as we go get that upgrade!

C'mon FO/Blitzer/Smith whoever just do something. Running it back with a healthy Damir isn't gonna elevate us from last year.

Allez RSL, acima, goobx1 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    Good for Bobby. Maybe playing for the Bruce will be exactly what he needs. Especially if Bruce is great at physical therapy. I hope it works out well for him but playing in the NE can't be conducive to staying healthy for a player that struggles to stay healthy one might think. Colder climate, crappy turf. But at least Bobby has upgraded his head coach.

13. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't link Twitter from work and can't be on my phone as often as I can check this from a PC, sorry.

rslfanboy repped this.
  14. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSLer repped this.
  15. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSLer, RoyalNonesuch and rslfanboy repped this.
  16. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Silva deserves to be rewarded

RSLer repped this.
  17. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now we need another CB. One who can start often, because Silva isn't likely to have as many seasons as healthy as the last one.

Med_Phys, goobx1 and RSLer repped this.
  18. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.rsl.com/news/real-salt-lake-trades-homegrown-defender-aaron-herrera-to-cf-montreal

It's official. Slightly underwhelming, especially when this is basically what they got for Baird a few years back. MTL is sitting on a ton of GAM from all their sales. I know he's a defender and they aren't worth at much, but this still feels a little low in value. There is a sell on percentage and MTL has a history of sending guys to Europe, so maybe this will be better for everyone, especially Aaron.

Only two outside backs on the roster now. Need some quality depth for the long, upcoming season. Time to show us what you can do, FO.

19. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've already got the #16 pick in today's draft, so we got Montreal's pick at #25 in this "trade". Underwhelming indeed.

Good for Aaron - I hope he does well - but you're right, it's looking bleak at outside back.

20. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    For better or worse, this strikes me as a big vote of confidence in Andrew Brody. If Brody plays like he did in 2022 then this trade should work really well for us. If that was a 1 year flash in the pan, we're gonna really regret trading Aaron.

rslfanboy repped this.
  21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering we already sent one upper-tier attacking right back packing a couple of years ago and substituted well (Lennon -> Herrera), maybe we can do it again (Herrera -> Brody).

How many assets do we have in places we can move for something? Pretty much Herrera I'm thinking. Unless it is Pablo Ruiz.

22. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruiz, Glad, Luna, Jasper and Sava probably have the most value. Not saying we should be looking to move any of them any time soon. Although Ruiz is maybe the most expendable, there's decent depth in the midfield, if they keep Ojeda.

23. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL trades $175k in GAM (2023) to ATL for the #7 pick and takes Ilijah Paul.

rslfanboy repped this.
  24. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we still have the other two picks, or so it seems?

25. Med_Phys

Med_Phys Member+

RSL
    United States
    Jun 20, 2019
    Terre Haute, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, currently have #16 and #25 in the first round. Lots of trades so far. I don't know if they'll keep both. Kind of surprised to see them move up. I'd very much like to know why Paul didn't qualify as a HG or if he got a better deal as GA.