Rossi Gone, Smith Gone, Rooney out till October, Solskjaer Retiring: Fergie need to buy a striker?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by D-Wade, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Re: Rossi Gone, Smith Gone, Rooney out till October, Solskjaer Retiring: Fergie need to buy a strike

I'm sure anderson can play upfront.

2. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Re: Rossi Gone, Smith Gone, Rooney out till October, Solskjaer Retiring: Fergie need to buy a strike

Ok, sorry.. I thought you where joking.

We are currently stocked with players who operate in Ronaldinho's area of the pitch. Rooney, Tevez, Giggs, Ronaldo, Anderson and Nani more or less...

We have no need for a AM/SS. Also Ronaldonho, even if he's on the market would cost a shitload of money. Our current situation is that we need a keeper and a striker. We are overly stocked att CB and AM/SS an to bring someone in who would expect to start every game would be mad..

3. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Does Little Ronnie improve United enough to justify the cost? The answer is no.

We will not be buying Ronaldinho who, by the way, doesn't want to play in Manchester.

4. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

we didnt have a need for Tevez either when we got him. and the areas that we need reinforcement today were the same when we got Tevez.

I am not advocating that we get R10. just that it would be hard not giving it a look. just like with Carlitos, a great (or potentially great) player can make a side incredibly unbalanced.

5. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ronaldinho is also a little old for us to purchase.

6. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon

actually we do need tevez , fergie said a few weeks back that wen rooney and tevez are fit he ll play rooney up front and tevez behind him and he said rooney can be an out and out striker and thats wats gonna happen rooney is an out and out striker.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I havent spent a loto f time on here lately so i don't know if anyone has mentioned this name but- Yakubu.

Obviously its too late to sign him but why the heck didnt we put in a bid for him, i'm sure if it came down to us or everton yakubu would make the right decision, despite his relationship w/ yobo.
    Yakubu's a proven prem. striker unlike adriano and most of all he can hold the ball uptop for us and still put in a few goals.

Why didnt we go after yakubu?

8. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

His name was mentioned some time ago and its a mystery as to why we weren't in for him. There are some here who think he would have been excellent.

9. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

we should have bought viduka.

10. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

In that case, why not just keep Smith.

11. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Some of SAF decisions have been questionable to say the least.

12. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

For example?

13. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

See thread title........ Rossi Gone Smith Gone.......... No main striker even though Saha was injured at the start (unlike Roo which could not have been foreseen).

And dare I say even bringing tevez in except this point can only be considered questionable when paired with the fact that there is no "9" signed as well.

Wes Brown continuously being used at right back when an option is available

Oshea at forward when we need goals to name a few.........

Some decisions are tactical (eg Oshea) and some are maybe strategic (no 9 signed) and some are administratvie (Smith and Rossi departures)

14. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If Rooney hadn't been injured, would we even be talking about this?

I don't think its questionable to bring in world class talent on the cheap.

Questionable would be starting someone else.

A better option would have been?

Also keep in mind that there is not an endless supply of transfer funds.

15. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I wont belabor these points anymore since I think we have beaten them to death. I'd rather read what you guys thin about our game against Keane and his minions this weekend.

16. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I will ask this question:

Where will all the GOALS come from?? :eek:

17. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I don't know what to thin.

18. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar

It's true, that is a fact. But he sits on the 6 yard box, is tall, he finishes. He wouldn't have a problem adjusting to the league as he now plays in Germany which is similar. Obviously not going to happen, but he is the type of person which we need. Which is the most important thing about me bringing him up.

19. holytoledo

holytoledo New Member

Jan 13, 2005

Frei's been a player I've liked watching when he was in France, although I don't think we should sign him.

PS. Did FSC drop the French league too or have I just not caught any of it this year?

20. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar

I believe that they have dropped it. Just like they did with the bundesliga. I watch him often with Dortmund on Gol Tv though.

21. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Frie is a great player, he pretty much raped Israel and all the other teams from the WC06 Qualifier groups including France and Irland. He is a great striker.

22. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

great i think is pushing it

back when i devoted time to Ligue 1 he was certainly one of the better forwards there

now i know GrodZilla brought it up but hell why not Elmander? if not him id still say Kerzhakov or Anelka

23. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

The players that we need are affordable, pretty available, and are out there, not need to list... But sicne Saha and Anderson are apparently back, and Rooney is back? from what people have been saying here, do you think SAF actually wants to dip into the transfter market again?

24. Nathan18

Nathan18 Member

May 24, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

For a loan, yeah.

Can't see him getting anyone on a permanent deal.

25. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Louis Phillipe Gonzalo Ricardo Nunito on loan (aka Adriano):cool: