Rossi Gone, Smith Gone, Rooney out till October, Solskjaer Retiring: Fergie need to buy a striker?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by D-Wade, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Re: Rossi Gone, Smith Gone, Rooney out till October, Solskjaer Retiring: Fergie need to buy a strike

those last 4 shouldnt be included. they still have much to prove as do some other names there as well

as for Rooney coming back early im undecided on that. when he was rushed back from the WC we saw what happened. hope that isnt the case once again if he is rushed back although i dont think we are as desperate as England was

2. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Re: Rossi Gone, Smith Gone, Rooney out till October, Solskjaer Retiring: Fergie need to buy a strike

Don't you mean Podolski, Hanke, Klose, Kuranyi, ect? ;)

3. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

ok here is one i think is interesting anyway

Aleksandr Kerzhakov

he isnt a starter for Sevilla but he is proven internationally and domestically, well as in he has scored goals in la liga coming off the bench and in UEFA Cup also

and again with money in mind like when i put forth Alves he wont cost a bunch of money

also Nicolae Dică is another one i thought of but he plays SS rather than F and even though he could take up attacking mid berth but we'd still need a #9

4. frednmethod

frednmethod Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I would be fine with any one of the strikers below:

Adriano, Berbatov, Anelka, Martins, Huntelaar, McCarthy, Berbatov, Gudjohnsen

5. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

Fred? not sure if he's still injured.

6. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Guddy Mob should be on his way out of Barca AFAIK. I know he said he wants to stay and fight for PT but he needs to be realistic about his predicament. With Henry, R10, Sammy, Messi, and Gio D.S. there is not enough PT to go around. He'll be ridin pine all year. I would love for us to sign him. He is more of an SS IIRC. But we need SOMETHING!

7. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar

you forgot mario gomez.

8. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Sign Him up Fergie !!

[​IMG]

9. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

[​IMG]

*awaits the neg-rep*

10. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica

Nugent possibly moving on already. him maybe?

honestly right now i'd put Anelka top of my list just minus his butterfly/pokemon celebration

11. O Fenômeno

O Fenômeno New Member

Apr 21, 2007
    New Jersey

sadly..my idol ronaldo has one of the gayest celebrations..

WTF is that rabbit shit he does??

Don't egt me started on that "Getting on your back and kick your legs up" crap..

Bunch o' skinooch

12. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar

Nugent's played a good 4 matches for Pompey. No way he is leaving yet.

13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Don't be so sure. Derby has registered a real interest in him, and Pompey are still shooting for Anelka. They currently have Kanu, Benjani, Nugent, and Utaka, plus about 5 million pounds to spend. Anelka will cost 12 mill, and Nugent can nearly fetch the difference between Anelka's value and Pompey's chairmans remaining budget.

I dunno why Anelka would go to Pompey - it is better off than Bolton in the long term, i.e Bolton could go down this year. But immediately it does nothing for him - even Bolton has UEFA Cup football. And I thought he wanted a move to a big side.

14. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary

We would be incredibly foolish not to go in for Anelka before the window closes.

15. barthez4

barthez4 Member

Apr 1, 2005
  16. delshaffer

delshaffer New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC

BASICALLY,
    we need a big man who is a poacher in the box. Anelka or Adriano would be great. I still would like to see Huntelaar. IF we don't buy someone, then I think we will still be okay though. We need to give Tevez more goal-scoring opportunities and give younger players some experience especially Eagles and Pique!

17. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar

Im telling you...
    [youtube]USYPTDWCByQ[/youtube]

18. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

What? That French goalies are crap? It's what stood out for me the most in that compilation at any rate. :eek:

19. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

I hear that Ronaldinho is being linked with Chelsea. maybe we should hijack that move :D

20. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Yeah, he's just the kind of out and out striker we need... sign him up Fergie!

21. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?

22. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

you must have you sarcasm-meter very finely tuned ;)

23. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Put away the sarcasm for just a moment and consider this: When we went after tevez, some argued that we dont need him for the type of player he was (similar to Rooney) and some preferred an out and out striker. In theend some posters said when a player like this is avaialbe you have to go for him. Sir Alex even said that himself.

So my question is this, right now we need an out and out striker but if the rumours around R10 are to be beleived and he is on the market, should we make an attempt to bring him to OT? (given our current situation) I would love to hear some of the BS veterans sound off on this.................

24. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This sums the whole thing up for me. Tick tock, we have til Friday.

25. rolfefan1717

rolfefan1717 New Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Dayton Ohio

whose the douche in the video anyways?