Rosario Central vs Inter SC (That was the Biggest Banner/Flag I've Ever Seen!) [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by MiamiAce, Sep 16, 2005.

1. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    Who saw this crazy game last night between Rosario Central (Arg) and Inter SC (Bra)?

I really enjoy watching the intensity and passion of the supporters of a popular Argentinian club. I even start laughing with myself 'cause they're just so damn passionate when it's a big game! Considering that the stadium was full, I like how the Rosario Central supporters are able to light hundreds of flares and fireworks in the stands prior to kickoff, and its all done responsibly and maturely. Although they started to light up a few during the later part of the 2nd half, probably anxious for a score already. The home crowd was jumping, chanting, and waving lots of flags that all added to a great atmosphere. ok ok, I'm sure most of you here are familiar with it, so I'll stick to the match...

But first, that was the biggest freakin' banner I've ever seen, and I'm not just talking about soccer banners, but EVER of anywhere and anything. The banner was dropped from the supporters of the highest row of the upper deck and stretched all the way down to the field, and it stretched the entire width of the south stand from left to right. I was watching on Fox Sports en Espanol, and I'm unsure if the commentator said it was the biggest banner in the world or in Argentina... anybody know? It's the blue and yellow stripped banner (colors of Central) with the words "Los Guerreros" in the center. Is that the nickname of supporters of Rosario Central?

Well the game was good but lacked scoring. I think Rosario Central dominates in mid-field, but they lack a potent goal-scorer. Noone from Central poses to be a true threat for scoring a goal (at least in their 2 rounds so far in Copa Sudamericana). They gave up the lone goal of the game to Inter, and it seemed to be a very lucky goal on their behalf. Let's see if the return match in Porto Alegre, Brasil creates more scoring. And let's hope Rosario Central advance. Hah!

2. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Re: Rosario Central vs Inter SC (That was the Biggest Banner/Flag I've Ever Seen!) [R

[​IMG]

Can't find a better pic right now, but is this it?

3. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Re: Rosario Central vs Inter SC (That was the Biggest Banner/Flag I've Ever Seen!) [R

[​IMG]

Well, I just found this one on their official sight, and the caption says,

"LA BANDERA MAS GRANDE DEL MUNDO"

So I'd say you got your answer;)

4. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    This one below is definitely it. The stadium was a double decker and it had the large lights on the corners. The stripes are the same width, only difference is they had "Los Guerreros" on the center.

[​IMG]

As for the previous pictures posted above, the first one certainly looks like it. The second one with all the labeling does not, that one is smaller.

5. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

Did you watch the 2nd game???
    I had my heart in my hand for 1/2 hour.

One of the best games I've watched.

6. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

Actually this is the biggest in the world. But Rosario's fans were plretty loud..considering that the Inter supporters were quiet and even booing their team.

[​IMG]

7. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I was thinking about making a separate thread for last night's game... truly incredible. I've never seen a team put so much huevos... when Rivarola got red carded, and you could see him cry, you could totally sympathize with him.

If yesterday's game wasn't the most emotional game I've seen ever, it's up there. It's definitely the most emotional gvame of the tournament, with the Uc vs DC United game as a close second.

Also, anybody else surprised at the amount of fans Rosario brought to Brazil? Easily 3000 or 4000. Amazing. It almost seemed like Internacional had 8 players on the field and Rosario 15 by seeing the way the game ended.

8. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

probably the best game so far in la copa.

9. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel

[​IMG]

lastima q no haiga nadie quien la haga mover por dentro

cerrado el caso!!!!!!!!

10. Hartfield

Hartfield Red Card

Jun 15, 2005
    Bogota D.C

JAJAJAJAJA buenisima. :D REP.

Detodas formas si es la mas grande del mundo.

11. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

jajajajajajajaja
    Is it the biggest one, before ripping apart or after being ripped apart?

12. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

I'd like to see what european fans would say before and after watching that game

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    que manera de meter huevoss esos chicos de centrales!

lastima que el arbitro le metio la mano al partido y los dejo 11 vs 10.... :(

14. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    That is definetly the biggest ive ever seen...when i lived in Monterrey the one that they would pull out in the Volcan home of my TIGRES was about half that size..and evrytime i saw it i was in awe with my jaw on the floor....now i can only imagine seeing this one live !!!

15. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

Somebody made some good money making that banner :D

Based on what you can see in the picture, you can cover more than 1/4 of the soccer field.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is the one you are talking about:

[​IMG]

But I don't think it is bigger than Racing of Argentinas "Telon":

[​IMG]

17. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Why are the Fox Sports anouncers so anti Brazilian teams. Every game the guy barely yells goal if its a Brazilian Club. Tonights Fluminense game same thing and they are playing a Chilean team, not an Argie which was the excuse that they were all argie anouncers. I guess its a Spanish thing. Will just make INTER's demolition of BOCA tomorrow even better!

E' Colorado!!!

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nah, I don't see them as anti-brazilians.. I jus see them as Boca Juniors fanatics (which they are).. it was hilarious when Internacional made that goal a few minutes ago vs boca, they were all sad.. instead of their usual "GOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL de boca!!!!!!", it was a "gol de inter." :p