Rongen waiting on FIFA approval to add Freddy Adu into his World Championship squad.

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by American40, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    whoa... whoa... I guess the fact that MLS signed Adu has been overshadowing this, but this is pretty big news. Freddy has a second chance to amaze people and show how great a player he is. This is going to get tghe U20 a lot of much needed attention... Sportscenter highlight or two... who knows.

2. CHSsoccer08

CHSsoccer08 Member

Apr 12, 2002
    Washington DC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    huge

I think this is huge news. With freddy all over the t.v. and media this means the the country will actually be aware of the youth championships, if rongen puts Adu on the field. Which of course we cant be sure of, him being a late addition and all. But if he is on the field and he duplicates his performance at the u-17 wc, i expect their games to be lead story on sportscenter. When tony kornheiser says he plans on putting down some money to go watch some D.C. games, you have to realize that the sports nation is actually interested in soccer right now.

3. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    read on one of the many Adu articles (cannot recall which) that as long as it's because of injury AND the replacement is requested at least a day the tournament starts, it's ok.....SO this is truly a done deal, as long as nothing weird happens...(with FIFA, one never knows)

4. Re: Re: Rongen waiting on FIFA approval to add Freddy Adu into his World Championship squad.

There could be a challenge whether Adu is actually under 20.

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Re: Re: Rongen waiting on FIFA approval to add Freddy Adu into his World Championship squad.

Considering FIFA had multiple stories on its website about Freddy during the u17 YWC, I see there not being much of a problem.