Ronaldo's goal celebration: What does it mean?

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by ferreirajl, Jun 29, 2005.

1. ferreirajl

ferreirajl New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Ok, this is probably a stupid question, or it has been answered before.... but I just couldn't find it, so here goes.

Does anyone know what this gesture means?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of those goal celebrations that start out to be weird but then people start imitating it all over the place.
    I have seen another player (can't recall who it was) do it, and I was like... wtf! What does it mean?!?
    This will soon become like Bebeto's "rocking the baby" IN '94...

2. Alvinegro

Alvinegro New Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Vila Belmiro
    I was wondering that too, but judging from the posture it looks more like he's trying to wipe the sweat off, maybe to symbolize a hard day's work? Or maybe Ronaldo is into superstition? Remember that weird haircut he got? It defies logic.

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He has a tattoo of a D (or initials DC?) under his wrist. It stands for Daniella, his current girlfriend (though they're estranged right now and rumored to be patching things up). He puts his hand to his forehead in that manner to show her initials.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    See what happens when a girl makes you tattoo her name on your body...Ronaldo, i expect better from you my friend...much better

5. GugaRio

GugaRio New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Well, she is one of the hottest girls in Brazil.. plus, a R&D can mean anything.. he can date any girl with a D, or he can probably get that letter changed.. or just call his new girlfriend "Docinho" or whatever.. not that any girl will care though

6. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What....Hottest girl in Brasil??!!....DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN LIVE IN THAT PLACE...

Someone post a picture of this broad that Ronaldo is feeding....If the girl doesnt have Black Curly hair with brownish skin and the caramel nipples....I SAY GOOD DAY TO YOU!!

7. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    they are not together anymore, brazilian press showed a pic where she was kissing her lawyer some weeks ago. hehehe.

anyways heres the pic of daniella.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wel....that girl is definitly sexy...But i have seen Better ...espically from brasil. I usually like it went women got black hair....a little tan color to them....makes them look that more sexy.She definitly got it....Best looking women in brasil...Nah i dont think so

9. anlas1

anlas1 Member

Aug 21, 2003
    New York
    The first time I saw him do it was after almost missing a penalty kick during a Liga match as a way of wiping the cold sweat off his forehead. I think it was in 2003. or '04.

10. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always thought Ronaldo's new goal gesture represents the letter "R" for the first letter of him name.

11. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Lol Daniela Cicarelli, the girl was in Portugal a month ago and said she wanted to learn how to dance Fado...:p

12. stunt1014life

stunt1014life New Member

Jul 14, 2005

Yea i agree wit this person she hot but not hot hot

13. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Is that really what it means? What a dissapointment.... To me it look more of a "I can't believe I just scored that." in a shy/shameful kind of way.

14. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    It really means don't go tatooing people's initials on your body after having dated them for less than a year because it might come back to bite you in the ---.

As any good role model, Ronaldo teaches us life's lessons.:)

On a serious note, R9 loves to fall in love. Here's hoping his love life is stable next summer.

15. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    overall i think its a dumb celebration (ronaldos), bebetos rocking the baby was because his baby was born in 94?

16. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    He'll never learn.

If you get a tattoo, never get a tattoo that has anything to do with a current girlfriend. In fact, I'd be apprehensive about getting a tattoo that has anything to do with a wife. It supposedly hurts like hell to get them removed.

17. Amercali

Amercali Member

Mar 28, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    just goes to show that fame and fortune sometimes doesn't go with logic

18. GugaRio

GugaRio New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Well, it seems that you guys aren't really aware of how Brazilian soccer players go about with women, saying that Ronaldo is whipped and blah-blah.

A little while back there was an article about famous Brazilian players, dating models, having sex, etc. The funniest part was when it said that Garrincha lost his virginity to a goat.

Romario also recently admitted to bringing women (maybe prostitutes, but definitelly sluts) to the team's hotel during "curfew" in WC94. He also said that it's impossible for him to ever be faithful to a woman, including his current wife.

Ronaldo has said that he always has sex before big matches, but that he "lets the girl do all the work". I think he has also dated/gone out with/had one night stands with something around 60 girls that appeared in Playboy.

So, there you have it, the boy is not whipped. He probably has got the tatoo removed already. Last I heard he was after some supermodel named Raica or whatever.

Oh, and for the people that said that Cicarelli is not hot, you need to consider that, in Brazil, girls with somewhat white skins, light eyes, and straight-blonde hair are considered to be hotter than the tan-dark-skinned mulatas. This is for the same exact reason that a guy with dark hair and dark eyes in Sweden or Norway will be considered pretty - think about it. Just look at Ronaldo's past longer-term girlfriends, Suzana Wener and Michele, they're both blonde and white. I'd say Cicarelli was a big improvement.

In any case, the man is still my idol, and he probably has more sex with hot women than I'll ever do. Don't say he's whipped!

19. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo is not wipped....by the way...They dont have to be mulatoo to have dark skin and curly hair....they could be white with those features...

20. DutchCane

DutchCane Member+

Apr 6, 2004
    New York, New York
    in Brazil, girls with somewhat white skins, light eyes, and straight-blonde hair are considered to be hotter than the tan-dark-skinned mulatas.

Same as in every other country. Eurocentric values rule.

21. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    You are judging too fast.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Entirely too fast...

23. animatestate

animatestate New Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Many Places
    If a guy is "pimping" a girl as you describe, he doesn't go and tattoo HER name on HIS body. He gets HER to tattoo HIS name on HER body. Why does Ronaldo being "whipped" (as you brought up) mean so much to you?

And yes, some of us do know about the social life of footballers and famous, rich men for that matter.

24. GugaRio

GugaRio New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    You're right.. I have no idea why I'm bothered by this... Good point :)