Ronaldo has signed with Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Spain' started by gento, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Untill I see it on Marca.com, there have been no changes since last week. :)

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While watching the UEFA Super Cup on FSW, Max Bretos kept saying that it was Morientes and Solari going and Ronaldo coming. Morientes was in a suit and tie so I guess there's some truth to all this.

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    perhaps, but i think Moro was in a suit simply because with all the speculation in the news, his head might not be in the game....he's probably thinking more about his future and which country he would leave for (England with Spurs or Italy with Inter...hell, I can't believe a Barca deal!?!?!?)

Its not like he could be cup tied just because of the Super Cup match, right?

4. JAnderson14

JAnderson14 New Member

Oct 5, 2000
    Crofton, MD
    Solari's out of any deal. His participation in the Super Cup means he can't play in Europe for anyone except RM.

5. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's definitely truth to all of this, it's just that Perez means what he says about not wanting to overpay.

6. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Marca reports that the deal could have been closed this night at 5 AM.

The deal is: 20 mill € plus Morientes (to be sold to Barça) and another player in January to be chosen by Inter among those of Real Madrid valued in 10-12 mill €.

7. noche viento

noche viento New Member

Aug 4, 2002
    California
    on yahoo this am

MADRID (Reuters) - Real Madrid have agreed a deal to sign Inter Milan's Brazilian striker Ronaldo just hours before the European transfer deadline, Spanish media has reported.

Spanish radio stations said Real would pay Inter 20 million euros plus striker Fernando Morientes and another player of their choice valued at around $10 million euros who will join the Serie A club during the winter transfer window.

This would bring the total value of the deal to approximately $50 million, making it one of the five most expensive transfers in football history.

It has also been reported that Inter will sell Morientes on to Barcelona for around $20 million and will buy Argentine striker Hernan Crespo from Lazio for a similar price.

Reports said that after weeks of hard bargaining Real and Inter finally hammered out the Ronaldo deal on Saturday morning, shortly after Real had stormed their way to a 3-1 victory over Feyenoord in the European Super Cup on Friday evening.

8. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    According to Marca, Morientes is negotiating with Barcelona; this is the only thing that stops the deal right now.

9. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    El Mundo Deportivo says that Barca has broken off talks, due to Morientes demands...not sure what that means for the rest of the deal.

10. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I think it means crap?

11. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Marca reports: Morientes and Barça closer to a deal.
    Barça will pay 22 mill € to Inter for him.

12. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000

well what kind of crap is this then????

www.elmundo.es

a cool 45 million euros makes a deal happen.

13. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Cadena Ser reports the same thing.

Still, after all this, I don't see Morientes staying at Madrid.

14. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Have confirmation with Marca...cash and a player during the winter transfer date.

Looks like Moro and Ronaldo will now fight for playing time!?!?!?

15. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I seriously doubt Madrid will keep Morientes. They will try to sell him to make up some of the money they used to buy Ronaldo.

16. cachundo

cachundo Marketa Davidova. Unicorn. World Champion

GO STANFORD!
    Feb 8, 2002
    Genesis 16:12...He shall be a wild ass among men
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. TheChampIsHere

TheChampIsHere New Member

With the acquisition of Ronaldo, Real Madrid has secured itself as the most dominant club in soccer today. They have three outstanding strikers: Raul, Ronaldo, and Morientes; Zidane and Figo in midfield; and Hierro and Carlos in the back. There is absolutely no doubt that Real Madrid has the most talented players in all of soccer.

18. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Don't forget Iker Casillas in the box. He was great in the WC.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Well, no Morientes as part of the deal. It's 35 million euro + a player to be named during the next transfer window with that player worth 10 million euro.

20. n00bie deluxe

n00bie deluxe New Member

Aug 31, 2002
    Kinda sucks for Morientes. He knows they're trying to sell his @$$ by December and you just know they'll be playing Ronaldo a lot since the fans will be wanting to see instant returns on this deal. He's a basically a "lame duck" until December. That's too bad.

21. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Media in Spain report that Florentino Perez and Moratti are angry about Joan gaspart's attitude about the part of the deal that would have included Morientes.

Rumours are that there was no real interest in the striker by Barça and all was just a maneuver to thwart the deal in the last moment.

22. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    And this is a surprise? Everybody should've expected it, come on now.

23. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    I think that a deal doesn't happen or Moro soon, he'll be mostly coming in only as a sub. At least until the winter transfer window opens, where he'll be sure to be offloaded.

There's no question that Ronaldo will be a priority to play, given his tranfer price tag...but I like Morientes ability to head (Guti is decent on this factor, but not like Moro) and i think Portillo and Raul have a similiar style of play...

...still think Real should have gotten a defender...

And Barca will always do whatever it takes to be true Catalans...

24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I heard from a friend in Italy that there is a rumor that Ronaldo's wife is having an affair with Seedof. And that's why Ronaldo wants out of Milan as soon as possible. Mrs.Ronaldo will remain in Italy after Ronaldo departs.