Ronaldo demands UNITY!!

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by YOUNGSTARS87, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Ronaldo demands unity after Real's latest humbling

MADRID, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Brazil striker Ronaldo has called for his Real Madrid team mates to remain united after they slumped to a 2-1 home defeat by Racing Santander on Wednesday.

The team were jeered off the pitch in the Bernabeu as they slipped down to fifth in the Primera Liga, 11 points behind leaders and arch-rivals Barcelona.

'The most important thing is to remain calm and for all of us to stick together,' Ronaldo told reporters after the game.

'The fans are really angry and disillusioned as are we, but we still need their support.

'We want to get out of this situation as quickly as possible. There are many worrying things happening at the moment and if we look at Barcelona, a lot more.'

Real were held to a 1-1 draw at home by 10-man Osasuna on Sunday and Wednesday's game proved worse when a depleted Racing side went 2-0 up after 27 minutes.

Ronaldo pulled a goal back in the second half but it did little to pacify irate fans.

The 29-year-old striker went on the offensive over newspaper stories that have spoken of dressing room unrest.

'There is a sector of the press that is trying to turn us against ourselves, talking about cliques of Brazilians, Uruguayans, Spanish or English... but it is all wrong,' he said.

'The fans read these stories and then come to the stadium and jeer us. But we are more united than ever and the fans should not listen to these stories.'

On the question of his future at Real, another hot topic in local media, he said: 'I have never thought about leaving. Some of the things I am supposed to have said never happened. My intention is to stay here.

'I am a fighter and no one is thinking of abandoning ship.'

Real's next game is away to Athletic Bilbao in the last 16 of the King's Cup on Jan. 3.

what do ya'll think?????

2. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Unless RM really comes strong next year, I think Ronaldo will leave because he is disappointed.

There will always be gossip involving the players and many fans just take them as facts.
    Like the RC/Salgado situation.

3. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Ofcourse Ronaldo will leave if Real do crap. Only problem for him is going to a team who want pay the wages highly.

4. BARCA_VIX

BARCA_VIX New Member

Sep 28, 2005
    L.A California.
    I see him going to inter that are now playing very well soon.

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i think before ronnie makes ''demands'' he needs to work more on the pitch.
    his movement has been crap lately, even when real have the ball

6. lad1509

lad1509 Raul *is* Madrid

Sep 18, 2005
    Bay Area
    typical Ronaldo, always jumping of sinking ships.
    He needs to really focus at playing here, win the trophys and the fans will follow.
    or, sell him NOW so we can get some money for him.

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I know this sounds nuts, but I actually believe him. They can only rally the troops if they want to improve the sorry state of things.

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He is frickin slow, moves like he has bricks for feet, and holds onto the ball too long. I think he believes he still has that explosive burst of a few years ago.

9. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Typically idiotic Ronaldo bashing... a Barca fan states his "opinion" that Ronaldo will move to Inter. Pure speculation. NO basis. NO link. NO fact.
    But you choose to convert it to fact and then generalise how he "always jumps off sinking ships". Again a generalisation based on no fact unless it's based on Inter's performance after he left. Again that would be stupid... when he left they were on top of their game, their best season in a decade, only losing the title on the last day. Not a "sinking ship" I think. And if they failed to cope with his departure, squandered the money they earned from his sale, and struggled AFTER he left, I don't see how he can be blamed for that.

10. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    How insightful Catfish... that explains why he has scored 9 goals in 12 league starts this season with 3 assists and why he is still 4th in the Pichichi standings depite missing a month.
    How unfavourably that compares with your superfast hero Henry, with wings on his feet and rocket-fuelled boosters up his arse who has scored 8 goals in 10 games and zero assists. Zero assists? How's that possible... after all he never holds on to the ball too long so it must be shoot or pass right? (source: soccernet).
    I believe you still don't realise how full of ******** that post was.

11. Snauhi

Snauhi New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Dont even compare Ronaldo to Henry. Ronaldo is done you know it yourself.

12. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Unlike you I don't presume to let my opinions masquerade as facts. So unless it's backed by fact, I don't claim to KNOW it.

13. Snauhi

Snauhi New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Fact Ronaldo gets injurys like every day, he doesent run, in some matches he just waste space he whines, what does it matter how much he scored now, he scored a goal against santader that was pure luck.

14. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    Which is why he has played more matches than Henry this year?

Only line in your post that has some basis though it may be argued for a striker it's the end result that counts. I never saw Romario run much but god what a striker. Also when it comes to being a waste of space, ther are other people we can point a finger to as well... including Henry many many times when playing for France and often in Europe.

True... I guess he should stop talking about how there is no politics within the team and the team is and needs to stay united?

Yes why should it matter, he's just a bloody striker. Since when did goals become the currency by which a striker is primarily measured?

Yes what a loser. He needs to learn from Henry, a player who has never scored a goal in his life that was not an eternal piece of art. A simple header or tap-in... how dare he score that?

15. Arthur Rimbaud

Arthur Rimbaud New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    I missed the part where Henry was 5 years younger than Ronaldo.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Gimme a break. Ronaldo gets spoon fed his goals this season. Henry is the heart and soul of Arsenal. Don't even try to compare the 2 players. Has Ronaldo put the club on his back and single-handedly carried the side? I think not. If you can count assists, as many football fans don't, Henry had 19 last season.

Ronaldo was an Henry type of striker. Explosive, creating open shots for himself, but no he has turned into RvN...basically feed me the ball right in front of the net. I'm not saying he CANNOT score, just not as deadly as he once was.

17. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :eek:
    Blasphemy!!!
    I hope God is seeing this!

18. BoMBa CLoT

BoMBa CLoT New Member

Jul 1, 2004

19. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The all-incredible, logic-leaping, double back-flip in to a Beckham rant. i give it 9 points out of a possible 10.

20. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His back flip screwed up with the mention of Henry. We're comparing like apples and... firetrucks now.

21. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa

22. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    what are u sayin, look where france where when zidane retired, henry didn't do ********, now zidane came back and he lifted les blues.I luv france cause of him.He is france.

23. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    excuse me?? he is france? what about the other players huh? my point exactly.you are blinded by your bias, dude! hey if it wasnt for henry lone superb goal against ireland in the qualifiers, france would be home and ireland in germany! zidane is overrate! henry is france hows that!!

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    come on guys, chill out both are good its true ronaldo is kinda lazy lately but comparing players is not good,

and the dude who said Zizou is overrated is very funny

Henry would be good, but to expensive, its worth it only if he would go to barca

25. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    eduu yo!! i didn't mean that zidane is actually overrated in the real sense but my point was that zidanes importance to les bleus is just too overhyped meanwhile underminding henrys and the others! hey if it wasn't for henrys goals while zizou missed most of the games in wc98, france would not have made it to the finals! oh yeah i bet liliam thurams 2 magical goals which carried france to the finals was nothing huh! hey guys open your mind and be fair! i am tired of a single player getting all the credit in a team sport! that is soo stupid! its a team and everybody needs to do their job right in order for a team to be a success!