Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JugglinNCWest7

JugglinNCWest7 New Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    The camera zooms out to "prove" it's not fake. The camera zooming out makes it so it's nothing like the Lebron commercial where the ball leaves the frame before going into the basket. In this case, every part of the juggling system (ball, Dinho, goal) is visible at all times... it only cuts away once but for 3 of the kicks off the crossbar, you can see the whole action. Also, the motion in the background (the three guys passing around on the other side of the field) help this case. They are visible throughout the entire video and never cut away from.

It has been shown fairly conclusively that the ball hits close enough to the top of the bar that this point can not really be challenged. The only element that suggests it could be fake is the cut away after the first shot. Is it really that hard to believe that the best player in the world can do this?

2. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1. The commercial is fake.

2. If Ronaldinho was that accurate while juggling a ball to be able to hit it to within quarter of an inch of where he wanted it to go (that's as accurate as he'd have to be to make it bounce back, or not go straight up/down) then he'd never shoot the ball over, to the left or to the right. He's simply not that good. If he was, he wouldn't have hit a ************ penalty yesterday, and at the VERY LEAST, all his freekicks would score and every penalty would go into the top corner and be absolutely unsaveable.

3. Players walking in the shot doesn't mean its not edited. I'm not even a very good editor and without a chroma key I can place footage in another shot and smooth the edges out enough to make it look like its all one shot. And that's with Adobe Premiere Pro, which gets shitted on by FCP - which is in turn shitted upon by what movie makers and commerical makers use.

3. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Ronaldo's answer to Ronaldinho is fake as well.

4. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Or maybe they took 50 shots :D

5. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    if it was real why didn't he aim to the upper right/left side of the post in the penalty kicked he missed yesterday against Benfica?

or why doesn't he score every single time he has a free kick?

6. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Yeah, except you really are neglecting the keeper aspect of the game. Moretto played game of the century in both legs, stopping every single decent effort. The only goals he let in were absolutely unpredictable. It doesn't negate how accurate Ronaldinho really is. He can put the ball damn well near wherever he pleases...although it never means that the Keeper isnt going to stop it.

7. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    no he cant. a keeper cannot get to a well struck ball from less than 25yds out if its in the top corner furthest from where he's standing. Even the best keepers get scored on... hell manchester united conceeded damn near 60 goals in one season in all competitions with Schmeichel in the goal. We all know that he didn't just let goals go in.

If you're accurate to within a quarter of an inch, a small thing like a keeper won't stop you from scoring.

8. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    If he was that accurate, he should be able to put a penalty right into the top corner (where it's unsaveable) every single time.

9. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also, don't forget those poweraide commericials with McNabb, I think, throwing a football (American) about 150 yards into the stands.

These kinds of commercials are faked all the time.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wonder if the scene where Gollum falls into the volcano was real.

Seriously, Ronaldinho is a great player, but come on!

11. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I heard.....:)

12. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, thanks for spoiling the ending... :mad:

I had that on TiVo. :p

13. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Never trust Ronaldinho's video produced by Nike. they are always fake.

14. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Is it because your an Argentinian fan? Thats not fair, like the recent commercial on Joga Bonito... are you going to tell me that is fake? Your going to tell me the Magia commercials are fake?

I know that this one is fake but Geez...the man is the best player in the world...

15. Don'tTreadOnMe12

Don'tTreadOnMe12 New Member

Mar 31, 2006
    McNabb..lol It was Vick. McNabb right handed and Vick is left handed. Take a closer look next time. jeez stick to soccer. Of course it was fake. They zoom in on the ball and by doing that you can do anything with it.

16. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not going to respond.

17. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I have no problem believing Ronaldinho can hit the crossbar more often than miss if he's juggling and under no pressure.

I also don't see why Nike would sit around and wait for 4 picture perfect bounces in a row - assuming he could get 4 good-looking ones in a row. All they need is some footage of separate shots patched together.

18. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    Ronaldinho is the best player in the world, no doubt but that ad is a fake no doubt about it too.

Don't be surprised after i said Ronaldinho is the best player in the world being an Argentinian fan, because i do respect great players and appreciate them .

19. nazzo

nazzo Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Its fake and its obvious.

Ronaldinho is the most skilled player currently but no one has 100% accuracy.

trust me if it was real then he would've scored at least 70% of his free kicks.

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In your opinion anyways.

Plus, if Nike has revealed to have faked a commercial, what do you expect?

21. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He said
    and thats what made me reply like that. Some of apparently fake, but not all. Ronaldinho is the best player in the world and certainly the most skillful by some way, so its not impossible for some of the commercials he does to be real .

22. CBusCrew12

CBusCrew12 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is another one similar to this which features Ronaldo. That one isn't fake so why would they make this one fake?

It's Ronaldinho, what else is there to say?

23. GatoFedorento

GatoFedorento New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Porto, Portugal
  24. felsi

felsi New Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Hi, I am new and I do not know, where to post this:

Does anyone know the "Ronaldo vs Zlatan" Video on nikefootball.com? Can anyone explain me, how to make Ronaldos trick he makes in second 26-27?

Thx