Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ted_keyboard

ted_keyboard New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    when i search assis, it comes up with Ronaldo de Assis Moreira "Ronaldinho". Seems like its his whole name. Doesn't seem likely that his brother would be called Assis. I'm not saying you're wrong, just trying to find some info/video's of this guy. if he's as good as you say he is.

2. kiko-br

kiko-br New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    No... Assis is the family name, but the name Assis was used by his brother..

He´s name is Roberto Assis(probably Moreira)... and yes.. he was good on doing the video scene..
    he could shoot the ball in he post just like in the video.. and also ronaldinho could do that.. but assis was better on this..

I dont think that Assis is still playing.. in fact he´s Ronaldinho´s Representant...

Assis is Ronaldinho´s older brother and hv some reports in brasilian´s press about him... i dont know if there´s any report showing that, but Assis is Ronaldinho´s brother.. and used to play in the professionals here in Brazil...but like i said, i dont think hes still playing soccer professionally...

3. goalhappy27

goalhappy27 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Oregon USA
    that wasnt a nike commercial it was a powerade commercial.

4. Leonardo Fla

Leonardo Fla New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Niteroi RJ / Brasil
    i think is real

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    everyone who think this is real is dumb. congratulations. youre one of 300 so far. i really thought it would be alot more.

6. Leonardo Fla

Leonardo Fla New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Niteroi RJ / Brasil
    well thats just my opinion

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    im gonna pos rep you til the day i die.

8. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    do you think jurassic park is real too?

9. Leonardo Fla

Leonardo Fla New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Niteroi RJ / Brasil
    :confused:

cant you respect my opinion? just because u think its fake dosent mean u can start calling people dumb! did ronaldinho say its fake?

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Let them have it, these people always claim to be right.

11. cajama

cajama New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Hola, Si no es un Fake, ¿Que hace un hombre estirado al lado de la Porteria?
    Mirad lentamente el paso del Seg. 8" al 9"
    Un saludo.

[​IMG]

12. Leonardo Fla

Leonardo Fla New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Niteroi RJ / Brasil
    yep, thats what im gonna do :p , but i didnt understand a thing of what the guy before me posted :confused:

13. yamato74

yamato74 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Fake: here's the definitive proof

http://rapidshare.de/files/7720639/boli.wmv.html

Pay attention at the left of the screen: a ball appears from nowhere. This the definitive proof of an edited video. It happens at 1:46 from the original video. Despite been a great football player, he is also a great liar or a great joker. :p

14. Seldon

Seldon New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    You are CLEVER Yamato:)
    That's truly the definitive proof! You are a real detective;)

I'm waiting for the next person to come and say "i think it's real":p

Now please tell us the truth (don't be like ronaldinho:p)... did you see it by yourself or did you read it somewhere? So i can give you credits when I'll tell others in blogs etc.:)

Btw here's the translation of the message from cajama:

"Hi, if it is not a fake, what is the man lying down next to the goal doing?
    Look carefully the part from sec. 8 to 9.
    Bye."

15. Leonardo Fla

Leonardo Fla New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Niteroi RJ / Brasil
    thx 4 the translation

answering his question, i think he is just resting :D

16. yamato74

yamato74 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
  17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    are you serious? you actually believe that thing is real? you could take the best handball player in the world and he wouldnt be able to that that with his hands. wake the fvck up already. what is done in that video is as believable as lord of the rings. and sorry to break it to you but, thats not real either.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Re: Fake: here's the definitive proof

finally. now all these idiots can shut up with the "hes just that good" crap. if he was hed score 25 goals per game.

19. antwort

antwort New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    u must be a crazy loser to think this is real...it is a fake..a pretty good one...the ones who think it is real havent played football in their entire lame life...he is undoubtly the best player ever...but....come on...get serious

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do believe that if Ronaldinho spent an entire day trying to do it, he probably could. That being said if you listen to the sound the ball makes as it strikes the post, it sounds more like a chain link fence than it does the cross bar. I'd say a combo of skill/luck/time would enable this to be done, the video is an effects job. All good still fun to watch. The one with all the fans following him all over the place was an edit/effect job as well. It's called entertainment value and it sells.

21. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    nike has now officially said that its fake. so you idiots can stop saying 'ronaldinho is just that good.' after zidane said "that is impossible" nike has gone out and admitted that it was digitally enhanced. vito clausen, who is nikes communications director for north europe said "its a shame to reveal it, but where he hits the bar four times we played with some digital solutions." and that after ronaldinho himself had said "it is real. it is not a hoax. i usually hit the bar on purpose in practice. i just did what i usually do." what a jerkoffff! vito clausen did admit that ronaldinho hit the bar twice during the session though. he didnt reveal how many attempts ronaldinho had.

http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=297046

i can translate it if anyone request it.

22. STHLM

STHLM New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Östermalm
    I think that it was nike's intent that this type of controversy would emerge. They knew how much free publicity they would get just from this story appearing in so many newspapers and websites. Quite an inelligent move, until they themselves admit it was a fake ;)

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, I had a feeling it might have been an advertising strategy, then again, its just silly to debate such a thing if you are being realistic.

24. yamato74

yamato74 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Duck Manson, can you translate it or give me another link in english about this news? I wanna show to some friends of mine.

25. yamato74

yamato74 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    Where nike officially said is fake? I don't believe the video is real, but I'm a bit distrustful about this norwegian site... :rolleyes:

Plus i made a search for the name vito clausen and coldn't find anything. :confused: