Ronaldinho's latest nike ad - REAL or FAKE?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Dark Savante, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Dude, what's with your avatar?

2. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

I remember you asked me about it before, sorry I didnt answer. I forget what thread it was. About the artist you mentioned, No I am specifically a fan of his work, but I used be a fan of DC comics when i was younger. And I saw this avatar on another forum.

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

gotcha, just curious, cause I'm into the artists work myself.

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And how does that make his argument any good?

Try not to assume anything about whether I believe it's real or not.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

He didn't intend to make an argument, otherwise he would have elaborated, also everything has pretty much been said about this topic, and to sum it up, it favors the video being fake to a large degree.
    I didn't assume you believe it or not, I specifically chose to say "one" instead of you. I only pointed out that you're a Brasil fan and might want to believe it is in fact true. If you think I was singleing you out, that wasn't the case.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Your writing sucks. You mixed up a "you" with an impersonal "one". Of course it was directed at me. You then decided to generalize it but didn't revise the whole thing.

If your intent was to speak generally, fair enough, you've cleared that up.

As for ForeverRed's argument, his statement amounts to "cgi exists, therefore the video is fake". It would be a heck of a leap to base his argument on the rest of the thread until he replied "flip through the pages".

7. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yea, sorry my writing sucks, after all English is only my fourth language. :rolleyes:

8. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice try, but show me a language where you make such a direct sentence as your first one and can make it an impersonal "you".

Then show me you speak it.

This is the sentence that was directed at me:

"sorry, I know that it's difficult for you to accept the fact that Ronaldinho isn't that good,"

The other one is obviously more general.

9. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey there you crazed brasil fanboy, stop trying to make an arguement, at this point the majority knows its fake....everything you say from now on doesn't really mean anything.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You do realize that I am not arguing that it is real don't you?

I just found your post awfully funny.

11. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

why do you struggle so much with deciphering a simple statement? i already explained to you, the first sentence was directed to you only in regards that you are a Brasil fan, not that you actually believe the video is fvcking real.
    Also, if you don't believe what I told you about the languages I speak, I suggest we meet up, we both seem to live in Queens, maybe we will run into each other and I'll repeat what I just told you in four languages.

12. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So why did you throw in that comment? All it did was imply an assumption on your part - you assumed that I believe the video is real.
    Way to misread me, where did I state that I think you do not speak four languages?

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I threw that comment in because I know you're a Brasil fan and regrdless of whether the video is real or not, you would'nt hesitate a minute to want to believe itBut I already made clear that that particular statement wasn't in regards to the validity of the video.
    I didn't misread, you asked me to show you that i speak those languages, which would make me think you are questioning me respecti

14. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Learn to read:

"show me a language where you make such a direct sentence as your first one and can make it an impersonal "you".

Then show me you speak it."

I'm betting the languages you speak are not different enough for you to claim the first sentence was not directed at me. Of course, we had cleared that up anyways.

At any rate, next time don't try to throw out a comment like that which, intended or not, is an insult. And you won't get me dragging this thread through a pointless argument.

15. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

you have to learn to be less sensitive, I don't know what about that offended you in any way, if it did, i apologize, i don't know how else to express that it wasn't my intention.

16. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Oh, that explains your poor English. Sorry.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

hah, here we go again, I get it now, you subscribe to all the threads I post on.

18. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Look, I was just saying how hard it must be for you to post in English, since you clearly have problems with it. Good show man. Sure, there are times you're barely understandable, but keep at it. You'll get the hang of English one day.

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

you're delusional, theres a general consensus on BS that you're nothing more than a pompous jackass, but you seem to thrive on that.

20. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Jeez, you try to pay someone a compliment, and this is what happens.

And then you get insults in return. :( From someone, who, of course, is a joke for loving anything German.
    Irony, thou art a cruel mistress.

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    awww..you're sarcastic again.

22. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    I am surprised this thread is still going and more amazed at the amount of views it has gotten. What continues to entertain me though is replies like this one where people compare their skill level with that of the most technically unique attacker in the world :D :D :D

'I can't do it and I've kicked a ball around, it is fake' whether it is real or not I find these kind of replies the most hilarious. I suppose it is by choice suc people coose not to become top level pros playing for teams like Barca, eh?

23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought it was already well known that futbol_king9 > Ronaldinho :rolleyes:

24. edvc_van

edvc_van New Member

Oct 12, 2005
    Canada
    I am amazed that this thread is still going on.

It is a fake! I knew it since I saw it coz I do digital work. Anybody can spot the fake stuff. Just 2 days ago I saw on tv how they filmed this tv commercial for Nike. there were like 10 people right next to ronaldinho with cameras, those big screens that is used to add things digitally later on like the chroma key green screen. 2 guys were holding this big screen right next to ronaldinho as he was "shooting towards the bar" and of course they are also digitally removed from the final result.
    it is fake and that's it.

25. kiko-br

kiko-br New Member

Nov 14, 2005
    Fake or not... i would like that most of u guys hv seen LIVE what Ronaldinho´s brother(Assis) could do a few years ago...(i havent ssen him about for about 5 years)

if u hv the oportunity to see it, you might wont believe in this video, looking for something fake(not the possibility of doing that)..

All I can say is that i´m lucky to see something like in the video live... Assis used to do something like in the video every training.. and also ronaldinho when both of them werent proofessionals playes...(ok.. inever saw it 4 times in a row, but 2 i saw a few times.. lol)...

and ok guys.. keep saying that the video is fake just because "buaaa.. i play soccer since i was 2 years.. and i still cant do it.. no way ronaldinho can do it.. no one can do it.."...