Ronaldinho wins it again!

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by GRBomber, Dec 19, 2005.

1. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think it is fair and that he is better this season than last one.
    He may win it again next year!

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    hooray! thread closed.

3. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005
    Ronnie #1 baby :cool:

4. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    i really hope he gets seriously injured before the world cup

5. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You are awful to write that.

Ronaldhino's a fabulous player and the World Cup would be much
    less interesting without him.

6. levineto

levineto New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Miami
    I really hope that Brazil would have a chance of playing against Italy this WC, if Italy can get past the 1st round.
    Believe me, we could play with our reserve team and it wouldn't look pretty to Italy... I can see already the same look on the italian players when there is nothing more they can do...just like when they lost to Korea!! uahuha
    C'mon...Korea??

7. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    u wait untill italy starts puting a limit and all europen nations put a limit to foreign players, u wait, then we will see who is on top again, and who the hell is going to stop pirlo's free kicks from brazil, who do u think pirlo mastered it against dida, oh i would love to see italy vs. brazil, it will be 1982 all over again. i swear brazils cockyness will be there downfall

8. levineto

levineto New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Miami
    1 - If FIFA puts a limit on foreign players. Soccer in Europe will have to deal with it's downfall. Who is going to play in Italy?? All italian players?? Believe me, it will be a very boring game, I am not going to say anything about England...wow, can you imagine a game with like 78 crosses and 2 dribles.
    If that happens, I will be very happy, Brazil is going to have the strongest and most popular soccer championship in the world.

2 - Pirlo is far from being a master. I cannot believe that you actually think it is true that he is the best free kicker. Well, like you are saying, just wait and see at the WC... The british were saying tyhe same thing about the unbeatable Liverpool and the king Gerrard, look what happened.

Thank you very much! My Korean friend is sending you a kiss...take care and let's see if Italy can even qualify to play against Brazil because they will have to go to at least the semi finals...

9. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    wtf are you saying about gerrard he is ********ing good, and liverpool were unbeatable last year. you tell me which brazilians players are going to be happy playing in there league where they make no money, heck if brazil actually paid there players good money they would stay. but they cant because the country is poor, and not to mention all the kidnaps of brazilian soccer moms.

and italy can play brazil in the second round assuming italy finish second in there group and brazil finish first in there group, or vice-versa...where the heck do u get the semi-finals from.....man im talking to a wall

10. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    The only Brazilians who are cocky are the fans. I think for the most part, the players arent. There are a few exceptions, but I think the Brazilian national team has learned from its lessons. 38 and 50 for example.

11. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    What matters to me is that the Best player in the World 2 years running is not ONLY from Brazil but more importantly a Gaucho from Porto Alegre my hometown. Porto Alegre is commonly shunned by Rio-Sao Paulo Media, but now they cant ignore the fact that we produced the best player in th world.

Actually a Rio paper wrote an article today of how "Carioca" Ronaldinho is...thats like an American paper trying to say pele really really is American. I guess they just cant get over the fact that the best in the world isnt from the "center of the country".

Ha hah ha!

12. Miller2010

Miller2010 New Member

Oct 23, 2005
    What he said :cool:

13. lamrof

lamrof Member

Apr 8, 2005
    Where are the loud mouths who were pushing for Lampard.

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    alright, enough of this already, everyone in their right mind already knew Ronaldinho was going to take it, deservingly or not. move on.

15. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    I can't believe Ronaldinho's deservingness is questioned. He does stuff on the field that only few could ever dream of, let alone reproduce. Moreover, he is the most successful as well...La Liga + Confed Cup.

16. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    Well, Frankie Lampard Jnr came second, which aint bad... and that goal in Japan was the first Liverpool had conceded since October...not bad.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

First of all, let's not start this kind of argument again, it's tiring...Lampard was better than Ronaldinho and more successful last season, You can't bring the confed cup into this, its not Lampard's fault that England didn't get in. Either way, Ronaldinho won La Liga, while Lampard won the Premiership and picked up a domestic cup, Chelsea got to the CL semis, while Barca was eliminated right after the group stages. Lampard has been more consistent, he got better and better with every season. Ronaldinho's last season wasn't exactly as good for him as the previous one. I could go on and on but there's no point to this. I'll just hear the same "he's amazing, he does this and that..i'm amazed by flashy tricks and i can't judge by anything else" crap.

18. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    YAWN! I guess I am not the only one who is "amazed by the flashy tricks and can't judge by anything else crap". LOL! The entire FIFA family must have no power of judgment.

LOL! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

and you're very silly to think that this award among many others are anything else other than popularity contests :rolleyes:

20. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    Yes they are, all the awards. Also all grapes are sour!

21. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

that's bad logic. Just because a player is more popular than another one doesn't make him the better one nor the more deserving. Beckham is popular, does he deserve it? no

22. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Please dont generalize like that. ;)

Thats the difference between Brazil and most other top nations. Brazils players are having fun while playing, exerting minimal energy while making the rest of the world look foolish. Im sure there will be more than enough Brazilian players who would play in their league. Its not like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano, Robinho, Kaka, Baptista, Carlos, Roque Junior all dont have very rich endorsments. (Nike and Adidas) not to mention all the other products they help advertise. Money wouldnt be a problem for some.

Brazilians deserve to be cocky and arrogant. Atleast the players. There players are miles better (exaggeration) than the rest of the world, they actually smile when playing, they have been ranked number one for 4 years in a row. Name another team to do so.

23. Kaushik

Kaushik Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Toronto
    That just proves that the outcome of the awards are not based on popularity. The awards actually go to the best player. If they were based on the popularity of a player, Beckham would have won some. He is an ordinary footballer and therefore has won nothing in terms of personal awards.

24. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Are you saying that Ronaldinho didnt deserve it? Just asking.

Compare the players that Lampard has around him, and the players that Lampard has around him. The entire squad. Also take a look at it like this...When you have the entire world going oohh, and ahhh, and then your end productivity is pretty good. Your bound to pick him.

Lampard was extremely efficient, and consistant. But you and i both know the world player of the year award is awarded to the player who "wows the crowd" the most. If you took a world wide survey most would rather watch Ronaldinho over lampard. There is so much i could say about Ronaldinho and Lampard, but just like you said. It is a popularity contest to some extent...Just that these three finalist were pretty good choices, and If Lampard won it, he deserved it as well.

Its just seems liek your into the industrious type player, and you do not like players like that. Thats just what i percieve from your post.

25. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City

Hmm, you have just convinced me. Good post.