Ronaldinho: We'll Win In 2006

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by frostdude1, Jun 30, 2005.

1. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ATHENS, Greece (AP) - Ronaldinho predicted Thursday that reigning champions Brazil will win the World Cup in Germany next year.

"We know it will be very difficult, but we believe we will win again," Ronaldinho said in Athens, where he was to attend Greece's first-division fixtures draw.

Ronaldinho captained Brazil to a 4-1 win over Argentina in Wednesday's Confederations Cup final. The Barcelona striker contrasted that result with a 3-1 away defeat against Argentina in a World Cup qualifier on June 8.

"Then (in Argentina) we had 30 chances and scored one goal, and yesterday we had 15 chances and scored four goals."

Spanish sports daily Mundo Deportivo said Thursday that Spain's league champions, FC Barcelona, had offered Ronaldinho a contract aimed at keeping him for the rest of his career.

Ronaldinho said that he was "very happy" at Barcelona.

"I have three years left on my contract with Barcelona ... I'm not thinking of anything except Barcelona at the moment," he said.

Ronaldinho, whose current contract expires in 2008, would earn €126 million (US$152 million), Mundo Deportivo said

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Glad to see this confidence!!!We´re the best after all and we do have a BIG chance to win the "hexa"!!

3. Rui Costa

Rui Costa New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Math isn't his strongest subject.

4. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Maybe it´s not yours either. LOL.

5. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

This is quite true Auri, but remember, who you draw in your first group will determine whether or not you go through to the next round. This goes for EVERY country that makes it to the WC. I mean say for example you were to draw let's say Mexico, Holland, and an African country like Nigeria(if they qualify). That's a pretty tough group if you ask me. Mexico isn't afraid of Brazil as they have beaten them before, Holland is always tough, and those Nigerians can run and run and run. Back in 2002 you guys drew a creampuff group. China, Costa Rica, and Turkey. So let's not carried away here. It's still a long road ahead.

6. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Everything is possible, but this is probably the least of the Selecao's worries.

On the Italy boards we had a discussion about Italy's chances at next WC. I cut a pasted a couple of contributions that may apply in this thread

7. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Specifically to getting out of group play, the numbers are overwhelmingly in favor of heads of groups:

8. celito

celito Member+

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    30 scoring chances in Argentina ? Did he play the same game I watched ???

9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just a nitpick here: Mexico will be seeded.

10. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Sure it´s a long road,mate and a tough one.I´m just glad that Brasil IS confident and a confident Brasil will just grow in the WC.:)

Peace.

11. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeaa im glad theyre confident too ... but over-confidence is bad sometimes too ;)

12. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Yeah...the argies know that pretty well:D

13. 0-Point

0-Point Member

Jun 5, 2004
    Quantum flux
    In a way Brazil is to football wot Ali was to boxing; "How can I be humble when I'm so great". Jesting aside - there's a time to shout the odds and a time to hold it down but we have to remember the mantle of greatness falls on broad shoulders. After the Confed victory CAP commented it's about time that Brazil entered a WC as favourites and won as favourites, bearing in mind it's in Europe that was a bold statement but the message is clear "Coming to kick your butt!" -
    on paper Brazil are good enough and the bravura is justified yet no one can say with absolute certainty who'll win...mind games have begun "Fear me". ;)

14. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    we won't win it.

15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Now I want us to win just so I don't have to put up with idots saying "see, I told you you wouldn't win".

Got anything to add besides that?

16. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Only a silly feeling. In 2001 when we had all out troubles I still had a good feeling about Asia in 2002. Not exactly deep is it!!

17. England or Brazil?

18. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, not really, but it's fair enough.

With "We won't win it" I just have no idea where you're coming from and if you're trying to be antagonistic or anything else.

I'll say that I have a good feeling about it though, so we'll have to wait and see. :D

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Not antagonistic at all, Irmao. I would love us to win it. I will give reasons as the months progress!!

20. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Is it you Camisa5?

21. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Yes friend. How did you guess? Having problemas with logging on and they sent me an e-mail with one of mt old names on!! Did my negativity give it away??!!

22. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It was the use of the "Irmao" expression. I've seen you use it many times. I think you should avoid switching accounts for the sake of clarity in these boards. Not everyone is so cunning as I am. :) Let me know if you want to merge all your old accounts into the same one with the screename you want. I could arrange that.

23. Will Brazil be participating in any other little tournament before WC or is it just WCQ from now on?

24. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Please merege - rapido, Irmao (!). Nothing wroing with using Irmao is there?!!

25. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll ask the administration. Nothing wrong with Irmao.