Ronaldinho to LA Galaxy

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by Werdman89, Jun 8, 2010.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Two years too late.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Disagree--like I posted in another thread, he still has PLENTY left in the tank.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Maybe but it would have been sweeter 2 years ago. Three if he comes next season....

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  4. Andrew Tully

Andrew Tully New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi There,

I'm hoping that all you soccer fans might be able to help me. I’m writing to you from Fine Point Films, an award-winning production company based in Belfast, Northern Ireland where we produce documentaries for Irish, UK and international broadcasters. We have an excellent track record in producing documentaries and our first international co-production, Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence In The House Of God, with Academy Award-winning director Alex Gibney was shortlisted for an Oscar and won an IFTA in Ireland, the Grierson Award at the London Film Festival, a Peabody Award and two Emmy Awards for Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking.

We are researching a feature documentary on George Best intended for international distribution. It will recount how a polite and reserved young prodigy from Northern Ireland became a global sporting icon, visualising his story through a mix of actuality, archive, and original interviews. With exclusive access to the Best family approaching the tenth anniversary of his death, Fine Point Films will ‘unpack’ what made Best a legend, why and how he is still remembered today on both sides of the Atlantic.

I'm particularly interested in finding footage of George Best from his time in America, the more rare, the better! I have been able to locate a lot of the games that he featured in whilst playing in the NASL. I am hoping to uncover some footage of Best off the pitch. I know he really enjoyed his time in America and I would love to uncover any stories or old pictures that fans may have. It would be fantastic if any soccer fans out there could help with the project or even share this message. Hopefully, together we can find something! Please contact me via email atully@finepointfilms.com

Kindest Regards,

Andrew

falvo repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ronaldinho at 35? Too bad he didn't come at 25.

Beirut repped this.
  6. Higher Learning

Jul 1, 2009
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HI Andrew your best bet would be to contact the San Jose Earthquakes as he is in their hall of fame. I'm sure they have some good footage they can share

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #482 falvo, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    Hi Andrew. This has nothing to do with this thread but check this video and the George Best photo thread from the San Jose Earthquakes thread. I was there when he scored his greatest goal in this video below and looking back, I am extremely fortunate I had the opportunity to witness him during his time in San Jose. He was just a joy to watch regardless of his battle with alcoholism. In what is almost 20 years of MLS play, I've yet seen a player match his skills.

Simply an incredible player!

http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/george-best-earthquakes-photo-thread.271421/

Cyclonis repped this.
  8. Andrew Tully

Andrew Tully New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi @falvo thanks for this. You never tire of watching this goal. I'll have a look on that photo thread. Thanks for your help!

falvo repped this.
  9. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. 1860

1860 Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Victoria
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    According to this article http://futebolcidade.com/ronaldinho-gaucho-the-show-must-go-on/ Ronaldinho will be most likely be moving to Cruzeiro in June to play there for six months. Article is based on several Brazilian sources, but at the same time it is possible he could be coming to MLS (New York) in January.