Ronald "Nacho" Garcia at Aris Thessaloniki Thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jan 1, 2010.

1. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It was an impressive win indeed. Not only did you guys score first but them came back and scored two goals to beat them at home. I think the goalkeeping has gotten better, the defense is still suspect but has solidified more under Cuper.

2. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah our defense made some misstakes and had some difficult moments against Forlan and Aguero. But they did good anyway overall. Atlético have worldclass strikers so it's not easy. I think Atlético gave us alot of space and we could have scored more if we wouldn't have made so many bad final passes or always a extra dribble.

The fans were amazing once again and they made it look like our home almost.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I watched the game on GolTV and the commentators made the comment about how large a group was gathered cheering for Aris. I could see the entire section on the corner full of fans, and who know wehre else they had gathered. Every match i've seen aris play in, their fans have been there. You would think with such a fan base that it would be the biggest clubs in Greece. Thessaloniki is second largest to Athens correct?

4. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah Aris fans travel everywhere. I went to Leverkusen myself some weeks ago. Maybe we are not the club with the most fans in Greece but we are the only club that have so loyal fans. No other club have fans going everywhere around Europe to see the games like Aris fans does.

I just talked to a Atlético fan and he said it's the first time ever a away team have fans that makes more noise than their fans in Vicente Calderon.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They have the best fans in Europe, only thing comparable are the crazy's in Argnetina.

Congrats you guys!!!

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nacho Garcia spoke on Aris FM today.

He said that is satisfied at Anorthosis even that it's not going that well for the team. They are trying to get climb up the table. Their new coach used him as a central defender a couple of times because they have some injuries, I don't think it went that well.

Nacho also talked about Aris and he said that he is very happy and proud of the team. He is watching the games and he keeps contact with many of the players. He said that Aris have a long history and a bright future and the fans deserve the best. He said that he still loves the team alot.

About his choice to leave on loan for Anorthosis he said that he wanted playing time in order to be in shape for Copa America, a tournament he really wants to take part of. And maybe come back to Aris next season but he doesn't know anything for sure about next season.

Then he said that he will probably spend the christmas and new years holidays in Thessaloniki with his family.

Well that was a little recap of what he said :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Awesome! Thanks man.

Good to hear, I hope to see him back at Aris again. Being one of the two central midfielders.

He is a good defensive midfielder.... but he has more 'midfielder' then defender in him, and at central defender I am sure he didnt do well at it lol.

I wish him the best, and hope he comes to bolivia wtih that fire he had at one point playing for our NT!

8. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Aris is a great team, and really hope he goes back there.

9. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Some Mexican clubs are interested in Nacho Garcia.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting.

Yea they are saying that he is going back because his loan ends in june.

Frankly, he has underplayed. Anytime he was in, he often was too aggressive, and didnt add the bite I remembered from the national team with his shots, passing, and ability when going forward.

I hope he can revive his career in mexico..... if not... I am affraid that we have lost nacho. :(

11. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's sad to see actually. He was a complete central midfielder when he was at his best. It doesn't look like he will get back to that level though.

Aris wouldn't mind to let him go if a good offer came, his contract is quite big too so we can use that money more wisely.

Mexico could be a good move for him though, let's see.

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    maybe his aggressiveness was too much for the league. shows the level our league plays and the type of officiating there is.IMO officiating is below standards.its set up not to penalize hackers and to penalize fast and aggressive defending...just my opinion though

but even then Nacho was not very impressive.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Trust me, it wasnt just us. Did the same shit in Greece.... :(

14. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There was a pre-election meeting yesterday at Aris. The current president (that probably will get elected again) said that one of the players coming back from loan might go to MLS.

That will either be Nacho or Calvo.

He said that MLS is a market that opened up for Aris lately because of Calzado that works for the club. Calzado was at the presentation of Koke for Houston Dynamo as well.

I think it's a bigger chance that he meant Nacho Garcia than Toni Calvo.

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Innnnnteresting...... Hmmm..... Nacho I think would fit well since MLS is so physical lol.

Nacho would be better 'protected' by the refs who are TERRIBLE lol when it comes to keeping the game calm with tough tackles. They never call dumb, hard, fouls.

Only bad part is Nacho is a injury prone player.... and he might get hurt alot too. :(

Thanks for the info Imperador.

16. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Reports says that Nacho is close to sign for Bolivar, this time it will be a permanent deal.

17. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    There's also reports of him signing with Maradona's team at Al Wasl

18. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really?! That's crazy.

19. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nacho Garcia will stay at Aris after all. He signed a new lower contract today. Hopefully he will show his good side and earn himself some playing time.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope he can, because he really left alot to be desired for bolivar. He wasnt worth the money that was needed to get him to stay. For the sake of teh bolivian national team, i hope he refinds his old form.

21. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well he wasn't in the plans of the coach actually. Aris tried to find a team for him but without success, well Bolivar wanted him but couldn't pay. So the last option for him was to stay, at least he signed a lower contract. He wants to show that he has a place in the team. So let's see.

At the moment he is the last player in order at his position. Faty is a starter and then we have Portilla, Prittas, Toja and Papasterianos. Also 2 young talented CM that will fight for playing time.

If he proves that he deserves to play though, he will play. Tsiolis is a fair coach.

22. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I'm glad he stayed, he wasn't doing good for Bolivar, so hopefully he gets his form back. Honestly this is good for Bolivar b/c Damir Miranda is finally gonna get the time he deserves, and I bet he's gonna get called for the NT soon.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thats all he can ask for, earn the most $$$ he can get right now, cause bolivar wasnt going to pay those wages.

I hope he can refind his form, and win back the respect of the Aris faithful.

24. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nacho is now the player that has been in the team the longest period, since we sold Vangeli to Ukraine.

Nacho has been in the team since 2005. He just made his comeback in a friendly and got a warm welcome from the fans.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Awesome! How did he play? :)