Ronald Cerritos

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Beerking, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Just heard that Ronald is out for the rest of the season and will have surgery on the 10th. to repair his damaged knee. You have my, and many other Quakes fans, condolences and our wishes for a speedy recovery for Ronald. His having played for us during our less than good years and giving his all for the team has endeared him to most of the San Jose fans so we wish him and his family all the best.

2. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    He was really starting to integrate himself into the team too. He was our most productive scorer over the last 10 games I believe. His late season surge was most welcome as it was offsetting Kreis's annual late season slump. I didn't see the injury, but I did see him on the ground, and he was in serious pain. Apparently the injury was particularly gruesome. A fractured tibial plateau with assorted ligament and meniscus damage. I don't know what that is but it sounds awful.

3. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Cerros,

Los fanaticos rojinegros deseamos que te recuperes 100% lo mas pronto possible.

La locura rojinegra

Bad things happen to good people. Cerritos came to Dallas and started out in a slump. He had goals called backed. He was hitting posts, shooting just wide, blowing 1 v 1 chances. He was trying too hard. The harder he tried the worst it got. He lost his starting spot to Rhine. He never complained, he never pouted, he never became a locker room distraction, he just played hard when he got a chance to get in. Then he starts contributing to the team by being their most productive player over the last couple of months despite playing limited minutes, and this happens. I wish him a speedy recovery, and I look forward to seeing him in a Burn kit next year.

4. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed.

And he was just starting to look dangerous.

5. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Condolences on the player loss. Cerritos has been class since he entered the league, and it stinks for him and the team to take an injury like that at this point in the season. It was just a freaky knee collision, and when an older knee hits a younger knee, one has to give. I hope if my Metros don't get the job done for the Cup that Dallas wins it. You all are about the only other team in the league that seems to act like a class organization.

SJ: Constant diving
    LA: Petty, I know, but I still haven't forgiven Ruiz for Keller
    DC: They are DC
    C-Bus: fans who ALWAYS think they are victims
    Revs: Handed the Cup before the season and still blew it
    Chicago: Goons
    Colorado: Valderrama and Carrieri annoy me
    KC: I just usually forget about them for some reason.

Dallas is a good club having a great year, and this injury (the 1st major one of the season) will be very telling of Jeffries abilities as a coach.

JMac

6. Chamo

Chamo New Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Plano,TX
    Thanks!

About that first major injury of the season, around these parts there have been a couple of injuries that have had a major impact on the results that Dallas has had recenlty. Amongst them:

DJ Countess separated a shoulder and was lost for the season about 6 weeks ago. This has forced coach Jeffries to play Jordan more minutes than what he intended to, specially in the last week. One could argue that this was one the biggest factors for Dallas going 0 for 3 in the 5 day stretch. As Jordan was obviously still shell shocked about giving up the late goal in Colorado as he took the field Tuesday night against LA.

Eddie Johnson was out for nearly 3 months with a high ankle sprain early in the season and he still is trying to find his way to integrate with the team.

Chris Gbandi never did get to see the field this season because he has been recovering from an injury.

Granted this list is nothing like Chicago's, San Jose's or even Metro's list, but they have not been exactly major injury free.

La locura rojinegra

7. dburn157

dburn157 New Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Your exactly right and I was asking he be traded earlier. That was ever presumptuous of me.

Stay strong Cerritos and a have a speedy recovery...

8. Valerie Simmons

Sep 2, 2000
    Burkburnett, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there any work on how the surgery went today?

I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

9. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Or DC's. Moreno for most of the season, Santino for much of the season, Pope when he returned from WC'02, Etch, McKinley, now Nelsen, etc.

-Tron

10. NewRevsFan

NewRevsFan New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Don't forget Olson...

11. carlov

carlov New Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose California
    Ronald got Surgery(about an Hour) on Monday 9/16 and he's fine.