Ron Vlaar - fee agreed

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by sendorange, Dec 21, 2005.

1. OrlandoSPUR

OrlandoSPUR **** the Nomads

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...you really are a prick, have you just started getting into football? Because you sound like a plastic fan you should learn a bit of history, then you may not sound like such an ignorant twat. Agree with Pidge please die.

2. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL

...Europe = big club? 82/83 was the last time we were in Europe through the league however the Heysel incident stopped us from making it in 84/85,86/87,89/90 when our small club finished 3rd. Nob.

For such a small club it is interesting how Spurs are the 14th richest club in the world? w/out playing in Europe since 99/00.

Take 1000,s anywhere when we play away, sell out WHL week in week out. You are a troll, and I'm sure you're a West 'aaaaam fan. But you have no nads as you don't put your team, so who do you support COBRA?

3. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    I will delete any trolling posts or posts that are obviously non-constructive.

4. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    Real fans state which team they support.

Maybe you don't know any names of clubs? seeing as your "history" of the game starts in the last 5 years. Gimp.

5. Danners9

Danners9 New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Drunken Clam, Quahog
    There is no such thing as 'DIVINE right', it was made up by the ruling classes to control the poor through fear.

No one is saying that Spurs have a divine right to win stuff. Remember only one team can win the league each year, and for a long time Spurs have been crap - try telling us something we don't know. Part of being a fan is taking the good with the bad. Not just jumping ship to whoever is winning at the moment.

Ps, congrats on the 500 posts. I bet each one was a real gem.

6. PoshSpur

PoshSpur New Member

Jan 28, 2005
    New York
    Hopefully he'll be banned, so you can ignore him.

7. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    spurs have no choice but to get vlaar, king obviously wants out after stalling contract talks. spurs have ambition but unfortunaly they lack the funds and pulling power to get the top players

8. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...yeah that's right King will do an Arsol :rolleyes:

...so please enlighten all us Spurs fans about our financial situation?

9. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    spurs dont have a big investor, stadium only holds 36 000, spurs have never played in europe. it makes sense they have a limited transfer budget and mediocre pulling power

10. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...hahhaha what a ********, considering Joe Lewis at £2bn is only second to Abramovich and Sugar is 4th who also owns a stake in Spurs still.

Top 10 investors

1 Roman Abramovich (Chelsea) - oil, industry - £10b
    2 Joseph Lewis (Tottenham, Rangers) - finance - £2b
    3 Dermot Desmond (Celtic) - finance - £867m
    4 Sir Alan Sugar (Tottenham) - electronics - £760m
    5 Malcolm Glazer (Manchester United) - investment - £735m
    6 Trevor Hemmings (Charlton) - property - £730m
    7 Walker family (Blackburn) - steel/airline - £680m
    8 David Sullivan (Birmingham) - publishing - £575m
    9 David Murray (Rangers) - metals/property - £550m
    10 David Gold (Birmingham) - books/erotica -

...So that is prolly the crappest thing you've written yet. Must say out of 500 odd posts you must have written something constructive?

11. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Except for Joe Lewis, after Roman Abramovich, the richest man in British football

It's full every week, Juventus have had under 10,000 fans in at games this season

Miraculously we seem to have won 3 European trophies without ever playing in Europe, how bizarre.

Mediocre? How have we attracted players such as Davids, Klinsmann, Lineker and Ardiles over the years then.

12. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Not really true, it has a tendency to prejudice people's opinions of your posts in other forums.

13. Lillywhite

Lillywhite New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    London
    True enough but then again, an equal number of peoplke automatically smell a troll dripping with bullshit when the team isn't listed. I wonder which category sparky here falls into?

14. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    spurs dont have the funds to buy players for more 10m, end of

bad example

not in your life time

davids is way past his prime and there for the money.

15. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...but if you go on to another forum and have an intelligent debate and show a bit of respect most posters other than Phishy :p are fine.

16. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ..that's funny Rebrov was £11 mil

...other than the UEFA cup in 84, tosser.

... he was free :rolleyes: and you have obviously not seen him or Tottenham play. Go ******** off.

17. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Then how did we bid for Kuyt at the end of the last transfer window. Check out how much money we have spent in the last 2 years.

Why exactly? We sell out every week at ridiculous ticket prices, which is considerably better than having a huge but empty stadium.

What was I in 1984 then? A glint in the milkman's eye?

What is Figo doing at Inter? Davids is part of a team currently sitting 4th in the league.

18. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I normally post in the Beautiful Game and find it easier if you don't allow people to form judgements about you outside of your posts.

Most people know I'm a Spurs fan, but it just makes it easier I find.

19. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    ...I think my name gives it a bit away :eek: not to mention my anti arsenal rhetoric.

20. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva
    spurs could stump up 11-14m for a top player. but that would curtail other transfers, also you would have to persuede the player to join and would mess up the wage policy. rosiky, robben, wouldnt want to join, even kuyt is quoted as saying his unsure spurs are a big enough team to join. davids is performing well but is not the same player.

21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    look, man, it's not all that tough. 'big' is a relative term. unless you're madrid, man u, or milan, there are other places that can claim to be 'bigger', and if a player's good enough, and they make a move for him, there will be players who want away. hell, with abramovich's money in play, even those clubs won't be big enough to hold onto players to whom the cash appeals.

spurs aren't a big enough club for your tastes? fine. piss off. we know who we're bigger than, and who we are not. and if any of us wanted to follow bohemoth fc, we'd have done so.

spurs are a big club, and spurs are on the up. to what degree you'd care to acknowledge these facts, no one here gives two shyts.

22. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Not bigger than Newcastle ;) :D :D

23. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i wouldn't have thought so; but then again, i could be wrong - clubs may appear smaller when viewed from greater heights.

;)

24. OrlandoSPUR

Apr 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    So Cobra who are your biggest teams in England, let me know if you need any help past Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea? :p

25. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yeah you looked pretty small, especially when we qualified for europe. 6 seasons in a row! :D