Ron Paul is a Racist Kook

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Yankee_Blue, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    This is a thread for those who assert that Ron Paul is a racist kook. All evidence and discussion indicating such belongs here...

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Paul is a racist kook. He wants to bring to America the South Africa's model of Apartheid. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is an avowed Stalinist and Barak Hussein Osama is a terrorist. Rumney is a cultist poligamist and Guliani is a made member of the Gambino family.

Fascism is the answer.

Hail Grimes!!!

3. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    It's Israel's fault.

Iran denies the existence of the holocaust and man on man sex.

Move San Jose.

It's clinton's fault (Bill that is).

bush is a stupid brush clearing cowboy wannabe.

It's clinton's faut (Hillary that is).

Does that cover it?

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is Ru Paul heterosexual?

5. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    Point of order: Am I still allowed to argue that Ron Paul is another kind of kook in the other threads?

6. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Hmm... I see the problem here. We may need a thread called "The General Kookiness of Ron Paul".

7. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ron Paul's Race Problem

http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/ron-pauls.html

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/5/15/124912/740

8. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Wonderful! That's the kinda stuff I'm looking for!

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  10. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  11. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Re: Ron Paul's Race Problem

Or more importantly, as a politician, what has Ron Paul done that is racist and wrong?

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem with articles like the one linked from DailyKos is that when we have these type of witchhunts for alleged racism, from people with an agenda who try to read between the lines and find and exagerate hidden meanings into what somebody may or may not have said at one time, it really takes the focus away from the real problems with meaningful racism that still exists today.

13. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Ron Paul has gotten away with saying racist stuff reg. his views on African Americans (no you don't have to say the N-word just to be a racist). Now that he has a bigger spotlight, he is trying to do a maker over.

Houston Chronicle Article

14. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005

I hope that by "reg" you don't mean regularly. The article that all the morons like you think he wrote is over 15 years old. That isn't exactly regular.

Ron Paul has spoken out against racism a lot more than once, BTW...but everybody always thinks he's a racist because that one time way back when, when some fired staffer ghost wrote a newsletter for him.

In in previous threads about this issue, we have actually seen more proof that JKWD is actually Al Sharpton, than we have seen that Ron Paul is a racist.

15. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    I can't decide if this thread is going to go the route of funny or serious. Demented and sad-- but serious.

On the off chance that it does go the way of serious, I'll just throw in that anyone that thinks the Civil Rights Acts should be repealed is asking for the R- word to be thrown at him.

Using constitutional arguments provides only the thinnest veneer of coverage. Pretty soon after commerce clause gobbledygook you'll hear talk of "states rights."

The true test for whether or not this is a smokescreen is to ask what is the alternative that was proposed. My hypothesis is this:

(A) If you argue that these laws should be thrown out, and then propose another system by which segregation can remain unlawful you are not a racist.
    (B) If you argue these laws should be thrown out and we rely on the kindness of strangers, well.....

To date, I've never heard anything more from Paul or his supporters beyond "who am I to say people can't be racists if they want to be."

16. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Of course, in the interest of equal time, you would then also need a thread called "The General Kookiness of Dennis Kucinich".

17. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    You liberals are always talking about "relying on the kindness of strangers".

What about "relying on the invisible hand punching racist employers in the nuts?"

Libertarians believe the free market punishes racists. Does it not? Can I not crush my competition by hiring at lower rates all the competant minority employees my competitor eschews?

For that matter haven't Martin Luther King and Jesse Jackson shown that boycotts have a devastating effect on racist employers? (and even merely alledgedly racist employers for that matter?)

Voluntary transactions in the marketplace teach morality much more effectively than federal mandates. You don't create tolerance through force, you create resentment.

18. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Yeah, I mean, none of those southern plantation owners were making any money ...

19. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait. Ron Paul wants to overturn the 13th amendment? :rolleyes:

In case you didn't notice, owning people is a bad thing in libertarian circles.

20. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    I would hope so, Matt. But the point was that the hypothesis "the free market corrects immorality" is an extreme stretch of credulity.

21. John Galt

John Galt Member

Aug 30, 2001
    Atlanta
    The world is full of counterexamples to the "free market" punishing racists, sexists or bigots. I mean for eff's sake, you can still get lunch at Ollie's BBQ in Birmingham. TODAY the Supreme Court is listening to arguments about a culture of age discrimination at Sprint but my phone service is still hunky dory.

Surely, if the market were so ruthlessly efficient, we could list dozens of examples of companies that have been driven out of business by this ruthlessly efficient market. The market argument is completely bogus because it's a theory that has no examples in the real world to show it working.

EDIT: I'm sure I'm about to hear about the Montgomery Bus Boycott. Although I disagree with that premise, I'll throw out the pre-argument that one exception proves the rule. There is NO other example of the market working despite a century's worth of opportunity.

22. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you.

Nevertheless, I don't see President Paul overturning the civil rights act. Ever. There is absolutely no political will for it out there. The nation likes it (or at least has learned to live with it).

Now any sort of race based preference system will be completely out the window. And there is nothing racist about that. Matter of fact, it's about as anti racist as you can get IMO

23. wallacegrommit

Sep 19, 2005
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twwa9DvE1U

24. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd argue that Jackie Robinson's success, and subsequently the Dodger's success, was a market cause for other teams to hire blacks.

Then again, the Yankees didn't intergrate until about 2003 and they did just fine.

So really, I have no point. Carry on.

25. dred

dred Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    Land of Champions
    "The market argument" isn't "completely bogus", it's common sense. Successful employers hire the people they think will net them the most cash. Those who focus on priorities other than value suffer. The Dodgers prospered by signing Jackie Robinson. Alan Greenspan hired 3 women as VPs in the 70's because he knew they were undervalued in the marketplace. Millions of illegal immigrants come to this country to be employed by thrifty employers. The bottom line is tolerant employers have an edge on intolerant ones. I'm sorry if I don't remember every failed company, I tend to remember the successful ones.

Your edit is silly. Jesse Jackson has devestated several companies financially, Denny's for instance, when they didn't seat black parties in a timely fashion in four incidents around the country. Denny's complies with non-descrimination to keep it's customers. Take a look at their sales the year after the discrimination scandal.