Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    apparently the owners met with Poch and also Ruben Amorim.

It is a good thing if they go with Potter though non? As in they had a plan, as opposed to just reacting. They had already got someone they wanted lined up.

2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yanks fans are a little special truth be told.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    In the repeated motif of praising Potter for his collaborative skills, it does read a bit like a reproach towards Tuchel.

Boris10 repped this.
  5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Potter in on a 5 year deal seems a little like madness to me but time will tell.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Even the Queen couldn't take the news of this sacking.

7. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    StamfordBridgeLions and lobomojo repped this.
  8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1633 StamfordBridgeLions, Sep 8, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Who cares what she would have wanted? Abolish 'em.

2 weeks of shut down would have been a good time for Tuchel to get his team in order - a reprieve and a little extra pre-season might have been what he needed. Too late now. But some time for Potter to settle into Hogwarts.

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I do not understand how and why they cancelled the football. The cricket at the Oval is going ahead. Black arm bands and all that shit.

11. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The issue with next week's game is that it is against Liverpool at 16:30 on Sunday. The state funeral is looking like Monday and police in London will be required ahead for rehearsal. So even if everyone else plays there is still a chance that our game will be postponed

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It would be handy IF it were postponed. Maybe? We are not ready to face a team from another country again at this point. . . .

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    She took it badly. Loyal bunch those Germans eh?

SF19 and Rman3349 repped this.
  14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Social media response from the players to the Tuchel sacking:

Fofana, James and Sterling, Edouard Mendy and Kepa Arrizabalaga paid tribute to the German and were some of the first Chelsea stars to pay tribute after Tuchel was dismissed just seven games into the new season.

Chelsea defenders Ben Chilwell, Cesar Azpilicueta, Kalidou Koulibaly, and Trevor Chalobah, also showed their respect to the former Paris Saint-Germain manager.

Mason Mount, Jorginho, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Mateo Kovacic also took to social media.

Mount posted a picture with Tuchel hugging him on the sidelines: “Thank you for everything, Gaffer.”

Jorginho posted a picture of him shaking hands with Tuchel and wrote: “Thank you for everything.”

Also, Kovacic posted a picture of himself being hugged by Tuchel, with the caption: “It was a pleasure to learn and work with you and your staff. Thank you, Boss.”

On his part, Loftus-Cheek went for a series of pictures on his story with one saying: “Thank you for everything, coach. Wishing you all the best.”, while Kai Havertz posted a picture on the Champions League winner’s parade with Tuchel, saying: “Thank you.”

Obviously most of Tuchel's starters paid tribute . . . while the players on the bench and in particular Pulisic and Ziyech.. . did not.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Luis Campos to be our new sporting director?

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    One suggestion is to switch the location of the game to Liverpool and make it an away fixture for us instead. . . .

However, this is thought to be unpopular because trying to arrange a home match including tickets and staffing in one week is hugely complicated business for Liverpool.

17. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Liverpool game now officially postponed. Who knows when we will be able to find a time for the two cancelled games.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    And with the World Cup, this will be one long season.

19. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixture congestion gonna be a shitshow but the extra time will be good for Potter to help the team settle in. Should still be playing mid week. Have to take all 3 points.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  20. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1645 StamfordBridgeLions, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    The "All star" Game. Sweet Baby Jebus. My friends who support other teams are really using this "idea" against us.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62899010

North V South? I mean who cares? The players wouldn't be interested, the fans wouldn't be interested. Todd Boehly has a lot to learn about Football in England. Being ambitious is one thing, but he comes across a bit delusional in that interview.

An all-star might be needed in American sports, because American sports do not have any international outlet? Like a World Cup or a World series. . . .oh, wait.

He said he hopes the Premier League "takes a little bit of a lesson from American sports".

A Draft system maybe?

One of the good things about Roman was that he kept quiet. Really quiet.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  21. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't mind him coming out with these kind of idea's, at least it shows he has enthusiasm, however like the idiots that thought the fans would be enthusiastic about a super league he might come to realise that there is no 'appetite' for such things. American sports and American attitudes towards sport are SO alien to the rest of the worlds (particularly Europes) that its going to be difficult to adjust. Star games, closed leagues, T-shirt canons and tailgate party's - not going to work here, can you imagine somebody trying to start a tailgate party at a West Ham v Millwall game! :-D. Its not that one sporting culture is 'right' and one is 'wrong' its just that they are VERY different.

StamfordBridgeLions and Rman3349 repped this.
  22. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tailgate parties really are great though. You guys should give them a try

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1648 StamfordBridgeLions, Sep 14, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    Tailgate parties are fun.

But there is no parking lot around Stamford Bridge. The ground is in a city. We are not talking about a stadium on the edge of town where everybody drives over to see the game. We are in the City. You arrive via tube or a bus or in my case in a taxi. In a city. Therefore there are lots of decent pubs.

Tomato. Tomato.

24. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I agree there nothing wrong with bringing new ideas to the table. All-Star games are dying over here from a fan perspective, but he’s just thinking of the revenue. I actually like the idea of a skills contest like they do NBA All-Star weekend, but have no interest in the tepid run-arounds the actual games have become. The difference comes in floating an idea vs. pushing it through no matter the response.

I really like the idea of multi-clubs that would allow us to get players game time while staying in the franchise. Also like the idea of a playoff for the bottom few clubs. I think people are fixating on the most ‘American’ idea they hate as another reason to dismiss the new ownership group (not everyone here, mostly comments I’m seeing elsewhere). I think the jury’s out on whether they will be good or bad for Chelsea, but they’re certainly all-in.

25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Personally, I would like to see "Germanification" of all European football clubs. Of course this is most likely.

50+1 Rule:
    50% of a German football club’s voting rights plus an additional 1 share must be possessed by the Verein. This applies solely to voting rights rather than financial shares of the entity. Put simply, the fan-base of the club must have more control of a club than the corporate owners.

SF19 repped this.