Roman's Tax Returns - The Chelsea News Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably need a new thread name....
    Now you see me, now you don't.

Tuchel fired

JimWharton repped this.
  2. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not surprised, if preseason was an indication it was a long time coming in retrospect.

Potter would be a decent option. I’m not open to Poch.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not loving the options for his replacement.

Graham Potter

Mauricio Pochettino

Zinedine Zidane

Brendan Rodgers.

4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Graham Potter's record at Brighton : Played 135, won 42, drawn 46, lost 47, win per cent 31.1%. Just what we need !

limpidrock repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe we need Harry Potter?

Boris10 repped this.
  6. Boris10

Boris10 Member

Chelsea
    England
    Sep 25, 2019
    I’ll put my positive, forward-thinking hat on later but for now I’m pissed off. We’ve spent £250m on players that were either Tuchel targets or intended to fit Tuchel’s system, we’ve loaned out players who are extremely promising in our biggest area of need, and we’ve sold one of the brightest academy prospects we’ve ever had - for peanuts, and supposedly with Tuchel’s sanctioning. It’s clear that Tuchel generally doesn’t like short players.

It’s just crazy timing.

limpidrock and StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  7. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1607 Crawleybus, Sep 7, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    No disrespect to Brighton but they are not a giant of the game and Potter has gotten a club with limited resources and whose main ambition was finishing 17th into European places. In all honesty if Tuchel was still in charge and Chelsea were to play Brighton this upcoming weekend I know who I would have my money on for the win - and it will be the team in stripes!

https://www.wearebrighton.com/newsopinion/the-swansea-view-on-graham-potter/

If nothing else the football Brighton play is a joy to behold when you compare it to the football we play, its worth getting Potter for that if nothing else!

Ultimately though EVERY SINGLE Brighton supporter on the planet would be absolutely devastated if he were to leave them, which is something you couldn't say about Chelsea supporters and Tuchel.

Cosmin10, lobomojo and JimWharton repped this.
  8. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    I was having trouble seeing a path forward, but it’s a fair point about spending to build Tuchel’s team (including Crankayang) then immediately sacking him.

I thought it was heading in this direction, but didn’t think it’d happen this quickly. Thought he’d at least have a chance to make good after the window closed.

9. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It seems Boehly and his cronies are just as ruthless as Abramovich! I can only think that they realise that with football you can't afford to 'let the grass grow around your feet' for too long before its too late! Its been a while since we were out of the title race before the end of August & now already we've made qualification out of the Champions League group more of an 'uphill struggle' than it should be.......and its only just September!

10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nobody likes short people.

But the timing of all of this? Seriously. wtf. We just signed TT's golden child on deadline day. Auba the masked one. Tuchel was going to get the best out of him. I mean a lot of players just joined us and they signed up for Tuchel's project. eek!

Todd and the new owners have taken some risks and this could be there biggest one yet. Being seen as being tough and ruthless, okay, that has worked out well for us historically. But did they always have Potter in mind? Is this a plan or a reaction? With Roman you always got the feeling that it was a plan.

limpidrock repped this.
  11. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking back at the lost transfer targets, this makes sense. Todd got rid of Bruce, Marina and Peter who all held discussions with potential players and convincing them to join Chelsea. He wanted his manager to have a bigger role to empower his style of play. Since their departure, TT was given the responsibility which he has vocally express not being his strength nor a duty he enjoyed doing. Maybe that was the beginning of the end.

In that that time, we had Raphina, Kounde and to an extent a few other A-list transfers having verbal agreements. TT hesitated and never pulled the trigger on these targets. Instead, a strong manager personality reached out to these targets and persuaded them the other way.

Maybe Todd should have focused on getting a true sporting director instead of making TT balance that role. He obviously wasn't able to manage both. Player moral is down, lots wanting to leave or have left due to his style.

Looking forward to the new manager bounce.

Cosmin10 and JimWharton repped this.
  12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    i mean wtf

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tuchel has been dealing with a separation and divorce. . . and he is also on a very strict vegan diet. I mean you could see him getting less happy every week. Poor bloke.

Rman3349 and SF19 repped this.
  14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Yea, that can cause a lot of stress.

15. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    If only Sir Jim Ratcliffe had come in with an earlier bid.

16. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    LOL

17. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Potter’s looking very likely.

Honestly, I’m not opposed. I don’t want Poch given that his teams implode, Allegri seems to be fine with Juve, we missed out on Nagelsmann, I’m skeptical of Zidane because he’s only managed at Madrid, and all the other names are pretty much set.

But let’s be honest about Tuchel, we were having issues last season. The same issues that are showing up now. Throw in the behind the scenes stuff, and it’s not a surprise.

I’ll love Tuchel for getting us our 2nd CL and our first club World Cup, but end of the day he was looking deflated out there the last few games.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    TBH TT has been managing with a face like a smacked arse for a while now so I'm not entirely surprised he's gone. I'm not suggesting it was his idea... it obviously wasn't... but he hasn't looked happy on the sidelines, even when we were winning.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He was when we played Spurs.

limpidrock repped this.
  20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I missed that game. What was he doing?

21. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Pulled a full Mourinho by running down the sidelines.

22. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1622 StamfordBridgeLions, Sep 8, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    He did. Which was a little out of character for him perhaps? Underlining his mid-life crisis?

Tuchel has been let go due to falling out with the players apparently - the phrase 'palpable discord' being referred to again. Tuchel thinks the new owners were meddling a little too much in the coaching affairs and the new owners were upset that Tuchel was falling out with the players, especially Pulisic. The American owners were not happy.

23. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    OMG. The only thing that will be nice about Pulisic someday moving on will be the end of Pulisic trolling. All the reporting I’ve seen has cited player concerns as A factor, not THE factor.

I should have realized it was only a matter of time before The Yank trolling would extend to the new ownership.

24. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Potter has arrived at Cobham. So much for a vetted process and seeing all available options

25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1625 StamfordBridgeLions, Sep 8, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Not from me, mate. Steady on. I am just reporting what I have read. Breathe. . .chill.
    relax.

I mentioned TT allegedly falling out with some players. As was reported in all the rags.

Todd and Co, were also upset that Pulisic wasn't getting enough playing time. But to be fair that was too early to call imho.

yasik19 said:
    I really hope it wasn't the players who were pushing him out, especially Mount, Azpi, and Ziyech, who all have been beyond shit this season.

and I said:
    Pulisic and his dad were not happy with Tuchel. Pulisic's Dad would often post shit about Tuchel on twitter only to quickly delete it. The feeling is Captain America deserved more game time. The new owners were sympathetic to that.