Roma vs. Milan [R] Post/Pre Game Match

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by fatdanny99, Mar 18, 2005.

1. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    This will definaly be the watch of the weekend. Both sides are in need of a win. Roma have got to get a positive result after losing three out of their last three matches. On the other hand, Milan need a win to either take the number one spot or maintain level with Juventus. Roma are without Dellas, De Rossi, and still Mexes. The good news is that Totti, Montella, Cassano, and finally Chivu are available. I'll expect a 1-1 draw. I believe this was the result of the last match they played.

2. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    2-1 for Milan, Milan score winning goal 26 minutes into second half's extra time :D

3. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    For once, I must agree with fatdanny....1-1 draw sounds like a reasonable result. I still think Roma's offense is better than Milan's, BUT clearly Milan's defense is outstanding and will give Roma's attack fits.

I pray that it is an entertaining match.

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sweet.....this match is on GolTv and during my daughter's nap.

Life is good.

5. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Hahaha

6. Internazionale23

Internazionale23 Red Card

Dec 8, 2004
    San Siro !!!
    I say Roma will finally wake up and beat Milan 2-1.

7. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    i agree with Internazionale, 2-1 to Roma with Cassano and Totti scoring

8. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Guys, we always say we have to win this match or else but for this game, I REALLY MEAN IT.

I mean if we lose this match, we are definitly out of the race for 6+ and higher spot.

9. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    To remain in 7th, the worst we can get is a 1-0 loss.

10. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    NOOOOOOO
    Crespo scores in the 63.

11. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    The losing streak continues. 2-0 to Milan is the final score. A goal from Crespo and a penalty from Pirlo. Totti and Panucci were both sent off.

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
  13. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    - Cufre got 2 punctures on a Cafu tackle (should've been red carded)
    - AC Milan played professional and Roma at least kept their cool
    - Panucci red-carded for a goal keeping move on a Crespo header
    - Roma loses all hope for Champions League spot, no Totti for next game and Cassano is leaving Roma
    - Conti was almost tearing, you could see it in his eyes
    - Curci is an amazing goalie, player of the game.

Congratulations to AC Milan for at least not buying the ref, I hope they win the scudetto as they do deserve it more than the ugly zebras.

14. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I completely agree with your analysis. I want to just emphasize a few points. The Cafu challenge was terrible, and the yellow was lenient. Second we did play better in general. My next point is that Curci is phenomenal and neither goal was his fault. Excellent youngster and I hope to see more of him in the future, what a trial by fire for him. Last is that Roma needs some kind of midfield delivery to your main three. Those guys up front are dangerous but they seemed a step off and it would vastly help them if the midfield would press up and give them some solid deliveries.

15. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    I would give up Cassano for two quality midfielders.

What do you guys think of this?

----------------------------Curci

--------------------Mexes------Chivu----------
    --Panucci-----------------------------------------Cufre (he isn't really bad)

---------------------------Mozart
    ------------Ledesma------------------De Rossi

---------------------------Totti
    ------Montella----------------------------Mutu

This line-up could be possible if we sell Dacourt, Cassano, Pelizzoli, and Dellas.

16. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    i wouldn't give up Cassano; i am a strong believer that he is the next big thing for Italy. I wouldn't give up Pellizoli either.

17. serieAfan89

serieAfan89 New Member

Dec 29, 2003
    North Carolina
    why was Totti sent off?

18. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    you wouldnt, but cassano is gone due to HIM wanting out...

im afraid the captain will be gone as well... dire days~

19. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    I'm afraid of seeing this thread one day:

" Roma in Serie C1"

*shivers*

20. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You can say that again....this match was a big one, and the Giallorossi laid an egg.

Totti getting sent off is not going to help AS Roma....as they implode. Maybe rebuilding time is upon the Roma side.

21. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I think that's a pretty solid lineup if you could make it happen. I would probably in theory sell Cassano and Dellas if I was in Romas boots. Cassano is great but his attitude is unhealthy and he is still worth a good chunk of change. I would personally hold Pellizolli unless a really solid offer came around. Curci was really awesome but it maybe a little premature to make him the primary keeper @ only 19. Mozart and Ledesma would solidify your midfield and with De Rossi that would be pretty potent.

I don't think Cufre is that bad either.

Seriously that is an overdramatization if I've ever heard one. Be happy you're not in the same financial sinkhole that Parma is in. Your team still has a number of star players that any team would be proud to field. Roma has inconsistency, but to be honest I think if you strengthen your midfield in the Summer and keep a good coach you will be back in the top 4.

22. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Totti is enough for Roma, but Cassano just makes it a negative team.

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like Forza Badger said, If I were Bruno Conti, I'd continue to start Curci in goal. He was extremely confident and solid for a 19-year old...

24. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I waited to cool down a little bit before I came on here to make comments about our team

1) Curci is amazing and he should be a starter and I said this when they played Fiorentina couple of days ago and someone didnt agree with me but now I hope u see what I was talking about

2) Totti is a great player but one of these days he's gonna have to perform in the big games ... he has to raise his game on these kinda games or we'll never even smell the cup

3) These are people who should be gone after this season

Cassano - I dont want him gone but he's going to Juve or Madrid 99%
    Mancini - Do I have to explain why
    Dacourt - Same ^

Then we must bring some midfielders because we'll have alot of money to spend from the Cassano deal

Langella - I heard he is dying to play for Rome one day ... BRING HIM FAST

25. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    He will be a great sub for Roma. I think Cassano and Mutu will be swapped, so Langella will have to start on the bench.

----------------Totti
    --------Mutu-----------Montella

Bench:
    Langella