Roma in the Coppa [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by SueB, Nov 18, 2004.

1. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    What a great way to get revenge for never starting. Not that i wanted him too. ;) :D :D :)

2. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Re: Fiorentina vs. AS Roma [R] Pre/Post Match

[​IMG]

Glad to see De Rossi finding his early season form. Cassano was pretty excited about it too.

3. Fur Elise

Fur Elise New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Sierra Madre, CA, US
    Yea Roma - Let's go all the way in the Coppa! :p

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Today is Bruno Conti's first match in charge as they try to defend their one-goal lead in the Coppa quarterfinals. Chivu is starting. Here is the full lineup (4-3-3)

Curci; Xavier, Dellas, Chivu, Cufre; Aquilani, De Rossi, Perrotta; Montella, Totti, Mancini.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    My mistake, Ferrari is playing not Dellas. HIS mistake, he scored an own-goal in the 11th minute. The tie is now equal at 1-1.

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    That own-goal stands through 90 minutes, and the teams are preparing for extra time.

7. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Now Ferrari has been sent off in the first period of extra time. Roma is down to 10 men.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Now DeRossi has gotten a red. Roma is down to 9, but pks beckon.

9. Fur Elise

Fur Elise New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Sierra Madre, CA, US
    Omigod - are they going thru penalties now? Where can I catch a stream? :confused:

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Sorry for the delay. Roma has survived the 8-round pk shootout. Cassano's shot was saved on Roma's first, but Curci saved Fiorentina's 5th, when Miccoli of all people had the chance to wrap it up. In the end, Ujfalusi hit the post and Scurto got the winner for Roma. A loss but a win in Conti's debut on the bench.

11. Fur Elise

Fur Elise New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Sierra Madre, CA, US
    Sue - wait a minute. On Eurosport it says Fiorentina won 2-0 with a (120') from Jorgensen. I'm confused. :confused:

12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    They are crazy then. I watched the penalty shootout with my own eyes. I know Jorgensen came on as a late sub. Somebody must have pressed the wrong button. It looks like they have the result correct now, but there is still a little ball next to Jorgensen's name as if he'd scored.

13. Fur Elise

Fur Elise New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Sierra Madre, CA, US
    Yeah I just got the results on Yahoo. Roma goes thru to the next round. Yes! :p

14. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    WOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :D

O My God I absolutely died during those penalty kicks ... when cassano missed then Miccoli had a chance to finish it and that fat ass missed

Curci should start in goal every game from now on and Chivu was a warrior back there ... we're back babyyyy ;)

15. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Sweet, Chivu is back!!!!!!!!!

16. stillkickinitat44

stillkickinitat44 New Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Minnesota, USA
    Miccoli is not a fat ass.

17. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    As stillkickinitat42 said, Miccoli is not a fat ass. He is one of the most athletic players in Serie A. And Curci shouldn't start every game yet. He is too inexperienced. Pelizzoli is still the best Roma has.

18. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Semifinal first leg is today in Rome vs Udinese. Totti is eligible to play in this competition. It seems incredible on the basis of current form, but if Roma could manage to get to the final - along with Inter, who plays Cagliari - then Roma would qualify for the UEFA Cup without even having to win in the final (assuming Inter does not collapse in the league and slide out of the top 4).

The match will be shown practically-live on RAI International at 3:15 pm EDT with a tape delayed broadcast on the web (RAI Sport Satellite) at 5 pm.

19. princess2000

princess2000 New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    sthlm, sweden

considering montella's second place on the top scorer's list, it doesn't seem so unlikely to have a team in the cup final with a relegation threat on their heels... roma is having a weird season indeed. :)

forza roma tonight.

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    1-1 FT. Mexes put Roma ahead in the 37th with a header off a Cassano free kick. Roma held on, but in the 85th minute Bertotto hit a screamer from 25 yards to tie it up. Udinese need a 0-0 to go through, Roma has to score in Udine. Totti, Cassano, and Mancini played really well. Mancini almost scored on one of those flick-ons (like he did in the derby last year)...

21. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All you can do about a goal like Bertotto's is clap.

22. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Curci did well to even get his hands on it and obviously felt he should've saved it, but it was just too powerful of a shot. Meanwhile, Roma remains winless under Conti. I certainly admire the guy for remaining optimistic...

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well Conti did sit on the bench for the PK win over Fiorentina, but I guess it doesn't count as an offical win...

24. frostdude1

frostdude1 Member

Aug 2, 2004
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    When is the 2nd Leg ;)

25. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Roma actually lost the quarterfinal game vs Fiorentina 1-0 in Conti's first game in charge (despite advancing in the tournament).

The second semifinal leg is next Thursday.