Roger Martinez - News & comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by ElNando, Aug 12, 2013.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    #326 villus, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Hey Pepino remember you saying that River paying 3m for Quintero was terrible price and they'll never sell him for more. Good times.

krass repped this.
  2. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    You know why Falcao doesn't get a lot of balls into space? Because he has no pace, you can't play the balls into space or behind defenders because he doesn't have the speed to play those balls, so you have to play balls to his feet in front of the defense quite often, but he's not great at holding off his defender because for one he doesn't have a lot of pace so they can push up close to him because he offers no threat in behind, and he's not very big or strong so its fairly easy to either win the first ball or to muscle him off the ball, since again he doesn't have a turn of pace to punish you. There are almost no CF's on any teams that have both no turn of pace and no size to hold off defenders because its a big disadvantage. Falcao is still around because he's an elite finisher, but not only does his profile hurt the kind of balls we can play into him if we play just him it allows the defense and CB's to play very high and be very aggressive against the rest of our team because again there isn't a big threat unless the ball is in the box from Falcao, so they can gamble to win the ball and they can easily pressure our other players more because the space they leave behind Falcao has a difficult time exploiting if a defense plays a high line.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    So this is related with the point we are arguing?

Is that the way how you defend your point about falcao. solid argumentation dude....awesome form to defend your point of view.........

For your info my first post regarding quintero in river was this:
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/juan-fernando-quintero-news-comments.1499304/page-108

From what is know river havent bought quintero and they havent and they still havent sold him...........porto lost money with him is a reality.

His attitude as footballer have been a mediocre... i also posted this.

@ryu79 @pibe10 @sidspaceman be careful with this kind of trolling......is just a post made for provocation.............im posting arguing about forwards and then he used this post just to provocation. ..............ISNT THE FIRST TIME, in march you warneed this poster for something similar..........and now he repeat,

4. krass

krass Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Dont be so hard on the guy...
    imagine for a second all your football "knowledge" came from twitter and at the same time you'd have to deal with the fact you've never seen a naked girl in your life for instance

I'm sure you had also said JFQ is just that much worth :whistling:

villus repped this.
  5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Eh no.....when falcao has to leave the area to fight for the balls outside.......was to give more football to the team.........Yeah this problem also happened with bolillo when falcao was in his best form and moment....and lara and pinto........

I understad than if fifa your videogame the best players that create options are fast and dribble like mbappe.....but speed isnt the only virtue that make a player useful for a team...........falcao asociating and keeping the ball is far away the best forward.............in some matches his "difult dribling" was the only try to generate football.

He only move without ball better than another colombian forward,

6. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    @pibe10 @ryu79 @sidspaceman

Why this become personal insults toward me?? ..........If im the responsible then i always recived a yellow or somethiung.

I was just posting about a point of falcao and then i recived this amount of provocations and personal agressions

@krass yo a tu persona nunca la he insultado..........Que muchas veces digo que tus argumentos les falta fuente e información no es razón para que me lanzas insultes.

Yo nunca me he mnetido en tu vida personal o privada.........La verdad no tienes conocimiento sobre mis preferencias sexuales o mi experiencia para que mencionas cosas sobre mi en un foro de futbol sobre esas cosas @ryu79

Veo futbol gracias a dios antes que twitter exista, y veo partidos.

Hoy los medios estan condesnados en twitter....y prescindir. de ellos en esta epoca tampoco es ta bien........el que niegue eque es una buena fuente.

Espero que si me van a argumentar......por lo menos tengan algo que decir sobre el contenido.

Saludos.

7. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Infraction given. Stick to futbol, peeps.

8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not going to get into the Falcao debate here. I am just going to Focus on what I like about Roger.
    I like that he can score from outside the box and takes decent shots from way out but can also move in close to goal and score in the area.
    Unfortunately there were a few times he should have been more clinical like in the Centenario against Chile and against Venezuela in Barranquilla but hopefully he will do better in those situations as he matures.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He fkd up by going to China from Argentina it was 2 years wasted in his young career that he didn’t improve.

Also showed a lack of ambition leaving Spain instantly after 4-5 months.

That being said I have higher hopes for Cassiera and Borre. Tho hope MArtinez turns shit around

10. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Cassiera I think may be one of our best #9 prospects.
    I like Roger better than Borre though but I don't think Borre is a #9. He is more of a supporting striker.

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    imho borre is the more similar to falcao...in movements......the funby thing is that when falcao had that age people also think he was supporting striker....because he played with abreu and then with fabianni

i hope borre have a similar evolution

Casierra is good but for me he have to show that he have more than scoring and be fast...

Roger in wcq played hprrible also againat urugiay..

Doogs repped this.
  12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He just seems to be a better passer than he is at taking his opportunities in front of goal. That to me also shows some signs that he may be better at supporting.

13. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    I think his move out of Argentina was completely out necessity. If I recall, I think he was getting paid late/if being paid at all, to the point where it was affecting his game, his life. Let me see how your 'ambition' would be after you experience some of the things he experienced:

https://www.elespectador.com/deport...tbolista-colombiano-roger-mar-articulo-592768

pepinointer repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yes he was earning like an amateur.........asking money to his mates, depsite playing in libertadores........

Then he injured in racing....racing wont raised his salary or sell him..........

Actually is one of the few cases of colombian players that leave china depsite the lkife quality and money.............look guarin, gio, harold preciado.......

Doogs and kromekote repped this.
  15. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008

The first of many. This guy will be back on the NT soon.

villus repped this.
  16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope you arent wrong.

Remember how important he was to qualify us to JJOO

17. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    He really screwed things up over the last two years, going to China hurt him but then it seemed like he wanted to then get considered for the World Cup so pushed to move to Europe and got to Villareal in January. That was a good idea but it backfired, he couldn't break into the team and it was the worst case scenario of not even really playing at the most important time, he should have stayed in China and hoped to get a call up or gone somewhere where he was basically the only striker and guaranteed time. I think he'll be back in the NT very soon, he is a very well rounded striker, just needs to get into his rhythm. He and Borja are the most well rounded but I think so far Roger looks like more of a killer in front of goal then Borja.

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, Borja showed more cold blood in a pressure packed situation coming in late for Nacional and scoring key goals in the Libertadores triumph.

Roger has not shown something like that yet but I do believe he will eventually.

19. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't think he should have stayed in China, that really would have buried his chances of being considered. I personally think he should have persevered a bit more in Spain, he was still getting opportunities and he was only there for a few months.

if there's anything good about this is now he will probably get called up since his form in Mexico is probably going to be consistent

HomietheClown repped this.
  20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    And whoever the manager is will see him play with Uribe all the time.

21. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think its Miguel Herrera, im sure you remember him well.

[​IMG]

22. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Better than osorio IMHO....was kicked out because he punched a journalist,

But won golden, only lost 7 matches....his mexico team scored a lot of.

His percentage is 62%

23. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I meant whoever the next Colombian manager is will see him play with Uribe.

pepinointer repped this.
  24. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    he played 226 minutes for Villareal, for sure a lack of playing time buried his chances. When it comes to getting noticed for a spot at the World Cup the first priority is that you have to be playing, I'd like for him to stay in Europe but I think as we've seen with Mina as well its not a good idea to go to a new team in a new league half way through a season leading up to a World Cup. Mina obviously was still clear cut above others playing CB for us and at a bigger club but still its better to be playing and comfortable in a weaker league then not playing at all in a stronger one.

25. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    That's a good point, Uribe and Martinez together will increase Martinez exposure because Uribe has definitely solidified himself in the NT squad.