Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Hunter R, Jul 13, 2005.
what's so funny or shocking about that? since noone who was paying attention over the age of 15 expected him to end up on the starting team, i find it funny that you seem so surprised.
It is interesting that fan votes counted for so little in the end. It looks like the fans diulted their vote among a large number of players, so that no single player accumulated a large vote and could not seperate themselves from the rest of the pack. The coaches seemed much more focused, so there must have been strong consensus among them on say twenty-two potential players for eleven starting spots.
In the end, players and coaches and, to a lesser extent media, would be less enamoured of star quality and more appreciative of on-the-field contributions. Good to see Shalrie Joseph, a deserving player, on the list.
up until last week I thought was in the top 5 vote getters for mids
neither here nor there to me... i hope none of our guys go. they need the rest!
I actually only voted for Chicago and NE players myself... hell, give them one more game to play.
Can you say "Commissioner's Pick"?
Nail on head, sir.
Not suprised that fan votes were diluted. MLSNET let you vote what? 5-10 times a day? I doubt anyone voted the same way everytime they voted. I don't think I did.
That does, indeed, surprise me. But then I thought fan votes would count more, and that coaches would understand the PR aspect and vote him in as well.
Beat me and probably a slew of peopele to it. Adu didn't make the voting last year, but he played.
hehe I voted for NE, Kansas and Chicago too, hopefully no DC players go
Name 2 things the MLS commissioner picks
2. His nose
Actually not fair to Adu, I believe Etch went one year as a commissioner's pick, (yes he did have a less than scintillating season or 2) but the nose comments stands pat.
Ok, so I am confused. Then what did ESPN announce during it's broadcast of Saturday's game if it was not the Starting XI??
It was Quaranta
Quaranta also was Da Comish's pick one year.
Well, you know, MLSNET did tell you from the get-go that the fan vote was only going to count for 25%. Adu would've had to have been on just about even fan's ballot to overcome the close-to-zero tally that he was going to get from the other 75%.
It's pretty much the reason why I personally didn't get too wound up about voting 10 times a day or whatever. I could vote 100 times and it still wouldn't count for jack, compared to what Colin Clarke or Peter Nowak or Kevin Payne thought.
Etch also was a Comish pick in 2002, when the game was at RFK.
I think the process worked, no one really thinks Adu is one of the best 11 in the league do they? Nice to see Cobi knocked off as well.
Here's the link since I don't see one here.
Will the USA guys be able to play, or will they still be in the Gold Cup? I haven't paid full attention to the dates of either.
Gold Cup Final is 24 July and All Star Game is on 30 July so one would imagine they will all be there.
If young master Fred becomes the commish pick and makes the all-star team, would that preclude him from participating in the Chelsea match on the 28th? I can't imagine that would happen...
Good. That's a long time, DC United might be able to fit 4 or 5 games into that
Freddy will be there, if only for the second half, he'll be in the second half/maybe starting lineup against chelsea, but i'd rather see dc united beat up on chelsea than an all-star mls team beat fulham, ok i'd like to see both, but dc united beating chelsea would make my day, btw my b-day is on all star gameday, another nite of drunken reverie, just like last year when i past out after guevara's first goal in section 314 at rfk!!
And of course one will be played in Central America and another on the West Coast.
MLS Rains On U.S. Parade
And he was named MVP.
What a shame... an MLS coach's vote has more weight than yours.
What a corrupt system it is.