Rodrigo Faria [R]

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by jkl;, Nov 10, 2003.

1. jkl;

jkl; New Member

Oct 15, 2003
    So, anybody see what Faria did in SJ against LA? Anybody wonder if Bradley could have done great things with him, if maybe he would have been an OK striker if he was still here?
    I'd take Woly any day, but maybe since SJ has so many forwards (Donovan, Ching, Walker, DeRo, etc) that we should try to get him back, especially if Mathis and/or Jusko leave?

2. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Look how he helped Chicago :)

3. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    As much as I was pulling for the Galaxy because the happiness of Carlos Ruiz means everything to me, I was taken with the joy on Rodrigo's face after kicking home the match winner. Good for him.

4. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Screw him adn the Quakes. They are a bunch of arrogant morons. Ever since Landon wrecked Amado late, and said the stupid things he did, I just wanted the team to lose. And they did lose, until that moron Sigi played so much bunker to lose the series. What a moron.

As for Faria, give me a break. He has a super opportunity to play in Chicago, and he doesn't even show up? I couldn't care less what he does, he has little or no character.

5. Jahmakya

Jahmakya New Member

May 28, 2001
    NYC
    I hope no one treats you that way after someone in your family died especially someone very dear to you.

6. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Good for Rodrigo!

I always really liked him on Metro. Tremendous enthusiasm, great effort. He seemed to shoot six times for evey goal he got...somthing our current crew could learn from. He just kept at it until he got it, relentless.

He appreciated the fans a lot and frequently would encourage loud cheering with allkinds of gestures to the stands.

He may be the only Metro to have received a yellow card for execessive goal celebration, Summer 2001.
    During the cold months he had like two sweatshirts and a ski parka under his jersey. I don't think he liked the cold at all.

Feel bad for him about his dad, it cleared rocked him.
    I wish him the best. He's been through a tough year and this is the finish he brings his team. Once again, something our crew (Clint) could learn from.

7. Metrophenomenal

Metrophenomenal New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Seoul+NJ
    i always loved it when Faria scored...his enthusiam was unparralled...
    but 4 every goal he scored he'd miss an open net 5 times.
    i hav real problem w/him but i dont want him back.

8. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    I will never forget the open nets that Faria couldn't hit. Oh those were happy times when we were losing cause Faria could not place the ball in the goal with out a goalie to worry about.

9. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said in the Metro - Revs post-game thread, good for Rodrigo. Really tough year for him personally and professionally, and to be the hero in the most exciting game played in MLS this year is a fitting redemption. After the goal and celebration you could just see the emotion drained from his face, like he had a huge weight lifted from his shoulders. It was stirring.

There are a multitude of bad ex-Metros still in MLS (Lalas, Zavagnin, Kamler, Orlando Perez, Andy Williams) but there are ex-Metros like Chung, Lagos, and Faria who in a neutral game I don't mind seeing succeed. I'd do that trade again in a heartbeat but Faria busted his ass every game and was good for the organization.

10. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    "There are a multitude of bad ex-Metros still in MLS ( Andy Williams) He was a bad metro? Yes, he really sucks with chicago :)

11. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    I won't disagree with you on most of those names, but there was a place for Orlando Perez on the 2003 Metros. One of quote a few bench players/spot starters throughout the league who could have seen 15-20 starts at least for Bradley.

12. Tony in Quakeland

Jan 27, 2003
    Pleasant Hill, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enjoy the next round of playoffs. Maybe you and Clint can find a nice seat at a bar somewhere and watch real teams play.

13. K.P.

K.P. Member

Mar 18, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL! :)

(I wish him well too. He brought an infectdous enthusiasm to the team.)

14. Wabbit67

Wabbit67 Member

May 19, 2002
    Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ
    Youre absolutely right. They were almost as happy as these times when we scored like 1 goal in our last five home games. Yes, Faria was not an efficient finisher (to say the least) but at least he did finish which is more that can be said for the crew of forwards we have now.

15. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Re: Re: Rodrigo Faria [R]

courtesy of metrofanatic:
    2003 (including cup)
    top 4 scorers:
    Guevara - 8 goals, 12 assists
    Mathis - 10 goals, 1 assist
    Magee - 7 goals, 3 assists
    Woly - 7 goals, 3 assists

2002 (including cup)
    top 4 scorers:
    Faria - 14 goals, 5 assists
    Diallo - 11 goals, 4 assists
    Williams - 2 goals, 13 assists
    Davis - 4 goals, 3 assists

I think we had more even distribution of the ball this year....And I would take the 4 top scorers on the team this year over the four in '02....every time.......

Faria got a nice goal...good for him....I think its crap that he is back in the league after some of the BS he has pulled but, hey....to each his own.

16. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    btw, what did we get for Andy Williams?

17. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    So that's why the Fire let him go?

Give me a break, the guy's a whining spoiled brat.

18. Vistula

Vistula New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Garfield
    Edgar (via a Chicago discovery slot) and the cap-space to sign Amado.