Rode Duivels Part Six: how to defend corners [R]

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by Belgian guy, Oct 12, 2010.

1. LIII940

LIII940 Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well once again we show we can play, but we don't get any real chances
    Simmons blunder, one mistake just like Van Buyton vrs Germany first game of Euro qualifying
    I'm sure the Flemish and Francophone press will say " Wilmots your a nice guy and a true patriot but not the man to lead this group, we need someone who can crack the whip and that the players respond to and bear down to get wins.
    Not sure Gerets or PrudHomme are the ones, but I'm sick and tired about hearing about this golden generation, who can't produce the results the proof is in the results !

2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Odd that you would single out Simons for that goal, the real mistake happened long before that, with the Dembelé loss of possession.

I'm not sure if the necessary changes for us to be successful will happen before the start of the next qualification cycle. In fact, I'm rather sure they won't!

3. LIII940

LIII940 Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Your are right it was Dembelé, I guess I was thinking how Komapny might have saved the day on that loss of possession and Simmons should not have been in that position
    No matter, if we can't score we can't win
    I'm sure KBVB will give the job to Wilmots, they don't have the funds to bring in any one else.

4. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I don't really mind Wilmots getting the nod.

Simons only played there because so many CBs were out injured. I doubt he will feature much under Wilmots if everyone is healthy.

It's no shame to concede a goal at Wembley. I believe Holland conceded two goals there. Even Spain lost 1-0 there. What annoyed me more is how little real chances we created ourselves. We really should do a better job at that with so many attacking talent.

5. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Wilmots gets the job permanently, I can live with that. If we cannot get Gerets, he's probably the best choice.

6. Gorando

Gorando Member

Anderlecht
    Belgium
    Mar 12, 2008
    Belgium
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    We all know Vincent Kompany is the real coach now. Wilmots his main job is to make sure everybody is happy and to create team spirit. Let Kompany and the players worry about the tactics from now on.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I suspect it was Wilmots idea to try the system without a real CF.