Roda JC [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BPBlueSox, Dec 23, 2005.

1. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I was gonna do one, but I kinda dozed off here at work. :p

2. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And a big thank you from up north as well! :D
    Where can I send the flowers for Olaf Lindenbergh?

3. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    You don't need to send him flowers, he was already looking for some when Roda scored 2-1.

4. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Man, I could hug you right now for beating Vitesse! And the same goes for any feyenoorders, for beating Twente! sorry Johan

5. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    And some more for being the Roda Jc Man of the Match

6. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    No need to rub it in. Thank god I have a toetsweek and I'll only be at school for one hour.

7. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Man, you´re right, I´m sorry, you guys were really cool about it when Ajax beat Roda recently. it´s just that my friends gave so much crap about it back then and I haven´t had a chance to talk to them yet, so this is kinda where the hurricane has made landfall (nice metaphor, If I may say so myself)

If it helps, Luinge was poor, very poor.

Decision of interest:

• Right before halftime, in the extra time, Roda got a corner. When the ball was in the air, the two minutes were up, but he let Senden and Maduro jostle in the far side of the box. Senden brought it in, it was cleared, brought in again and cleared again towards the half way line, where 3 ajacieden could have picked it up and move down the field unapposed had Luinge not blown the second Maduro cleared it forward
    • After the whistle, he was swarmed by furious Ajax players, and most shamefully, Blind, and while he was physically handled by some players including Rosenberg, he didn´t give a yellow to any players, but he did send Blind off to the stands. Rightfully so if you ask me, it was a really disgraceful showing. This coming from a guy who supports Huub Stevens´club.
    • A tackle by Kah on Huntelaar in the box where Huntelaar went down was not deemed as a penalty, partially because Rosales got a big chance after the ball got loose, but he missed pretty bad. Commentator thought it was a penalty and it very well could have been, although the angle in the replay (I saw, I could well have missed a better angle in which it was a claer penalty kick) was inconclusive.
    • Huntelaar kept shouting abuse at Luinge for not giving him a penalty kick, and Luinge kept whistling against him for the remainder of the game. What had been (physical) duels between Kah and Huntelaar all of a sudden were fouls by Huntelaar (three or four times). Huntelaar was eventually substituted cause it looked like he couldnt do anything right anymore with the ref. Poor, childish whistling.
    • He sent Juanfran off in the 78th minute for what seemed like a simple duel with van Dijk (no mietje himself). I though I did saw an elbow flying around there, but he didn´t hit him, and the footie sites talk about natrappen...Didn´t see that at all.

so :eek:

8. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    So yeah, that was a penalty kick for you guys. But poor danny, whining along about how the ref purposley cost them points, and then list all the games in which the ref had cost them points. sad, sad case.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    yeah, never mind that he has a good point

10. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Ow please, do you actually believe refs are out for Ajax and purposely cost them points? Why in heavens name would they, give me a single good reason.

Like I said, Luinge was poor, even a Roda fan can admit that, but Danny whining like this was pathetic, there's no other word for it.

I thought he was about to burst out in tears. This is what you Amsterdammers have always ridiculed PSV for, acting like bloody Calimero

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i didn't say all that, just that we have had quite a few crazy decisions against us this season

regardless, congrats on the win

12. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Thank you

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    What goes around comes around, as they say! Well done Roda.

14. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
  15. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Like Stephen Colbert recently said: 'stats can be used to prove ANYTHING'. If Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord win less when Luinge leads their games, doesn't it also mean they win more when somebody else does?

:eek: :D

16. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    Of course. And I doubt that any of the differences are statistically significant.

17. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Exactly.

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Well Luinge did have a rubbish game, admittedly, but Blind's reaction was over the top. It's a sorry state of affairs when a big club like Ajax have to start blaming the ref for losing the games.

19. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    Come to think of it, maybe Blind is preparing himself for the England manager job? ;)

20. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Definitely had the look of a man in desperation.

21. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    JUSTICE!!!!

BESLISSING

107 of the 170 issued stadium restraining orders (I guess you'd call'm) have been revoked, as there was absolutely no evidence of any wrong-doing of these fans. ********ing Amsterdam police. 107 Roda fans went to court over this issue and all of them saw their punishment revoked.

22. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Some news on Roda, it's been a while since this thread was updated.

Johan asked for news on Cziommer and she can get it. Huub Narninx (our excellent new Algemeen directeur) has said there were three clubs in the running but one has dropped out, so there are now only two clubs that are trying to get Simon, being Roda, and another one.

Some stupid website, I think it was www.soccernews.bullsit or something, has reported that other club is Ajax, and their source is the quote by Narninx. I personally can't find any reference to Ajax in there, but hey, who am I?

My guess is it's Twente Johan, although like Ajax (Davids) it appears they are currently also at work with some other midfielders (my 'source', which I admit isn't the best one, mentions something about John de Jong and Theo Lucius and loaning Aissati (last one I really can't believe, but those other two I can understand) You're closer to the club Johan, so maybe you can confirm some of that for me?

EDIT: apparently, Roda has demanded Cziommer gives clarity about his future before this friday, when the team leaves for Mallorca trainings camp. I think it's a good move by Narninx. We really want Cziommer, but he isn't bigger than our club (he's too good for us though, but still not bigger) and we are entitled to know what's what.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's true that we're looking for a midfielder, and we're definitely still after Cziommer, our chairman ome Joop Munsterman said so just last month at our last supporters meeting. I was under the impression that if we can't get Cziommer, we'd be looking for another experienced player as we've got a very young squad at the moment. I know that our head of scouting has been travelling a lot of late but not in Holland, so I can't see Lucius or Aissati or De Jong coming here.

That said, our new management team obviously has close ties with Eindhoven. We'd have the youngest central midfield ever what with Brama and Aisatti, backed up by a very young central defender duo, which is exciting on the one hand and scary on the other.

24. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    well, one of those three clubs did drop out of the race earlier this week I believe so you might want to check on that. Kennedy is experienced, But yeah, that's to much inexperience in the centre.

Lucius I could actually see happening. Knows he'll be a big player at twente and apparently thats what he wants. He's got the ties with Rutten, so who knows. i don't, this is just speculation, mind.

25. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Well, no Cziommer for us. I must say I'm quite dissapointed but alas, that is the fate of a club the size of Roda. I am though, also a bit dissapointed in Simon, but I guess you can't blame him. We gave him a chance instead of sulking away on the bench at Schalke, we made him important again, but of course when a top club rings there's nothing we can do.