Roda JC [R]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by BPBlueSox, Dec 23, 2005.

1. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    nice! i know i'll be pulling for your lot today :D

2. Vinnievin

Vinnievin Member

Oct 31, 2005
    R'dam, Netherlands
    Me too ofcourse :D

3. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nice work, guys! :D

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i agree, and i'm glad we didn't waste it

5. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    Thanks Joep!

6. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    Thanks. His birthday is coming up in March. He is turning 73.

7. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    you lucky (admit it!) ajaxieden are all very welcome. Last time Roda beat Feyenoord in the Kuip I was there as an E'tje with my team :) a good result nevertheless. I wouldnt be surprised if we would get into a bit of a slum again now, but that's just because the relatively easy programms of the teams above us and the hard programm we have (Feyenoord-Away, AZ-at home, PSV-Away...but hey, We've won Psv away for three straight years now :D )

but it appears Huub has finally modelled the team as he likes it, playing from a very organized defense, which, eventhough it lacks individual quality (see: Lachambre) can withstand Feyenoord at home and hasn't conceded in four games now, three of which on the road.

Also, I really cursed Talpa last night. that first foul by Kah could have been a red card, yes, but near the end of the game, a smiliar, if not worse foul by Vlaar was conveniently left out of the samenvatting, as was an even worse foul by Greene, who got the ball in his own box, steamed upfield passing two guys, then lost it to the third, realised he was gone in the back, turned around and kicked, really kicked Bodor down so he couldn't pass towards Oper. No card and no mention of it in the Talpa samenvatting. I am so pissed of at this klasse-montage!

8. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Saeijs moves to Roda directly

translated from VI.nl

Jean-paul Saeijs will finish the season in Kerkrade. The Limburg side reached an agreement with ADO on thursday about the immediate transfer of the central defender.

Earlier this season Roda signed Saeijs but he would originally join Roda in July. Because of the departure of several defenders, Stevens needed an extra defender in the winterbreak.

Roda expects Saeijs to debut tuesday against Helmond Sport in the quarter finals of the Gatorade Cup.

__

Not too bad.

Also, tonight, Roda plays AZ at home and it's friday so from 20:00 it'll be live on RTL 5. I hope we can get a good result against them and keep sight of that number 9 spot. If we show the same spirit and organisation as against feyenoord, Im looking for a draw.

9. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    apparently there is a stream on the web of the game tonight...gonna have to watch :)

10. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Damnit! AZ 0-1 up in the first minute through a shot/cross that lobbed Kujovic....then a good free kick from cziommer that i think touched the post a bit and then a great chance for cisse, who, of course, misses.

we're not playing too bad though

11. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    damn we're playing good! great save by timmer to deny sergio, and timmer now looks a bit injured

nasty foul by odbam on cisse

12. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1-1!!! voigt! damn...I havent seen us play this good in a long time

13. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    this stream is running kinda choppy, but it seems like your side is doing pretty well, joep :)

14. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    ongelofelijk. ongelofelijk.

1-2....arveladze...after Kujovic can't get a shot from de cler under control....

we were playing so good

and if that AZ biased idiot behind the mic won't shut up I don't know what i'll do. he's been asking for cards for roda players all game! what kind of an idiot is this

15. CANADA-AZ

CANADA-AZ Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Hamilton-Canada
    I never found the stream

16. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    eh, it's been crappy the whole game...you're not missing a whole lot

17. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    it's live on rtl 5, which I take you don't have. you're missing a fun game, and some horrible, horrible commentators. I just hope we can pull one back after HT,. We're playing better, but AZ has the individual quality.

That Mathijssen really is the best defender in the league.

18. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    crap. 1-3...landzaat only hit it half....it bounced to huysegems who was nearly, but not, offside...lucky goal...bleh...now let's see if we have some of that spine i've been hearing so much about :)

19. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
  20. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    and now....potential goal of the season...1-4...arveladze...beautiful. and I think somebody in the commentators box wet his pants a little.

but beatiful, beautiful goal.

we're not even playing so bad, it's pure individual quality that's winning this for AZ.

Roda is on the attack the entire time...we just don´t score...AZ gets in front of goal 5, maybe 6 times....net 4...that´s the sign of a topclub, I guess, but it´s hard to swallow to see your team lose by 1-4 like this...chance after chance after chance

21. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    FT...ah well...too bad. we simply need a guy who scores a bit more, Oper cannot be expected to make all the goals by himself.

A very good first half from us, and then...two quick goals, some sloppy defending. and it's over.

I hate to say it, cause it's just not his fault, but when Saeijs gets here it's probably Kah who get's benched. he needs some rest, get himself together.

next game is against Helmond for the cup, let's hope we make another step upwards.

22. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    Roda has won the quarter final in the cup tournament 0-2 with two goals by Oper. Unfortunatly, AZ beat MVV, so we won't play MVV anytime soon.

That makes 12 goals in 20 appearances for Oper. Pretty impressive if you ask me. There's an article on him at UEFA.COM, cannot find the link now, but it says there have been some EPL visiting Roda games. Fortunatly, Hendriks is gone so he won't be sold at the sight of the first money.

PSV en Ajax probably will advance in the cup too and its not really realistic but maybe we could pull out a decent result against Ajax at home? Just maybe? We'll be this years Willem II! :p Let's just hope that doesn't mean we're also next years Willem II:(

23. Bertje

Bertje New Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Leiden
    You win some, you lose some. ;)

Don't you think there has been enough practise for now? ;)

24. Joep

Joep Member

Dec 7, 2004
    Antwerp
    you're probably right. And i'm gonna have to check out SBS in half an hour to see the goals so...Man, University life sucks...well...of course not the week off I have after this friday, but right now, it sucks! :)

25. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    And why is that so probable, dear Joep?