rockford rampage 2010-11 season

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Welcome to the internet

2. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. I appreciate the kind words.

3. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    You are now on the clock.

These guys were on the clock last week and nothing panned out:

Originally Posted by Capt. Chaos
    I strongly believe that an announcement will be very soon in regards to a CHICAGO MISL team.

Originally Posted by MISL4EVER
    The Rampage is relocating to the Sears Center in Chicago and the announcement will be Monday or Tuesday next week.

Originally Posted by Fanaddict
    I got this from a very reliable inside source that yes there will be a chicago team playing at the Sears Centre and POSSIBLY even a team in Rockford. Announcement this week.

4. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    is getting worried - can I jump on the coat tails of MISL4ever for the
    Tuesday??? hahahaha

5. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    That would be worse, he was in for last Tuesday.

6. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    ut oh - let us hope something breaks here
    guess it is tough to get all your ducks in a row
    let's hope it is not to tough that one cannot do it all
    because not only is the clock ticking on those who shared information, including myself but on the organization that is supposed to exist
    the suspense is killing me and I will take the shot in the arm or on the head and the "oh ya - good info" sarcasm if this does not pan out - but in my defense I did not make it up - I shared from elsewhere

7. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Here is the scoop:

>The name of the team will be the Chicago/Rockford Power

>They will play half of their home games in Chicago and the other half in Rockford.

>The new owners will spend a billion dollars on high-speed rail service to connect both cities.

>On the second year, Oprah Winfrey will announce that she is actually part owner of the team.

>As a tribute to Oprah the team will change their name to the Os.

>In order to be more centrally located Capt. Chaos and the Wild boyz will make their headquarters in Chemung Illinois.

This is what my sources/voices in my head are telling me, stay tune for more breaking news.:D

8. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go rampage!!!

9. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs
    Only a guy from Rockford would make a Chemung reference!!

10. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least I have the balls to say where I live... ChiTown Burbs, really, more like the Butt hole trailer park just outside Elgin.:cool:

11. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs
    Yeah, but that's still NOT Rockford!!!!:D:p

12. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Are they Kenadall's or do you stay close to home via your moniker and go with the Puma MISL version ?

13. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    It is October 1 - and at least one game is scheduled as early as 11/21 (Omaha opener).

Status on Rockford and/or Chicago? And now we have some mysterious Monterrey LaRaZa announcement pending too?

14. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who knows anymore what the hold up is i assume we will know somthing by the end of the month LOL

15. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    none of my sources have spoken in like 2 weeks
    kind of scary at this point -

16. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Mine have bounced all over the subject & would not speak about it . Got to love it

The did say that Next year we might bust up in to divisons its a real possability we can have 10-12 teams in 2011-12 investers are inplace to do this its just a matter of arena time slots

the blast got screwed this year because of the Baltimores womens indoor football League so that hurt arena dates for us

17. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Oh really? The women's football team has two home dates: October 1 and November 5

How does that affect the Blast in any way?

18. GameraRPZ

GameraRPZ Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Also can't imagine that an upstart new team like that would have a preference on dates over the Blast that have been around forever.

19. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What i ment to say it was because of the indoor football in general the mens & womans leagues . The Mariners need i think 8 home dates not sure

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And don't begin until March. So, again....

21. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i guess we will never know the truth im just saying what i was told .

22. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    still many pending situations.

basically stuff was being worked out in one sense and then messed up in another. right now, it seems there is a scrambling of sorts to fix what was messed up.

Im actually worrying alittle bit now. However we at the WildBoyz/Black Army/whatever i call it....have an alternative. And will make a La RaZa championship banner to bring to all away arenas :)

23. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Sounds like someone is trying to BS you.

24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want to know is when the misl will let us know what the real story is with the rampage

25. milwavefan

milwavefan New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I have been a Wave season ticket holder in Milwaukee for fifteen seasons. When my children were younger, we got hooked on the NPSL, and have been faithful followers of the team ever since.

I have never posted on this board, but occasionally have read it to both get information about the league and to laugh a little at some of the rumors or fighting amongst people who care so much about the sport.

To preface this, I am a ticket package holder for the Brewers (20 games), The Bucks (half season), the Admirals (full season) and the Wave (full season). When the games overlap, we choose the Wave over the other teams in the market.

On Friday, I was making my final payment on my Admirals tickets, when during the course of the conversation I mentioned to my ticket sales representative that we are also Wave ticket holders. He laughed, and I asked why.

He said that he was having lunch with a member of the Wave front office (their offices are right next door to each other), and that Mr. Lindenberg sends emails to members of the staff each week informing them of the amount of money he has to put into the team checking account to keep the doors open (in some cases, it's $100,000 or more). He said that the team is still bleeding money at a strong pace.

He then followed up the conversation by telling me that Mr. Lindenberg had a meeting with Harris, the team owner, and asked him to buy the Wave, telling him that he can't continue to operate the team at such a huge loss, and is shopping the club quietly.

I don't share this to brag, or to start rumor. I share it as someone who has a deep concern for the future of this team and this league. This team was so close to folding last season after Charlie put it up for sale, and Mr. Lindenberg was the only person who stepped up to purchase it, and only after it was shut down for a few days.

In addition, the league that we all support has talked about expansion and stability is going to end up with five teams still, and no expansion in the schedule as promised (the Wave can't even figure out how many games to charge for. Our ticket plans were priced at 11 games, then we were told 12 games, now after speaking to my ticket rep there last week, I was told it looks like they are going to play 13 home games because Philly doesn't want more than 10 home games and neither does Rockford, so those additional games are going to be given to Baltimore and Milwaukee).

Think about this: If Milwaukee pulled the plug, there are four teams left and four teams is not a league.

If Mr. Lindenberg is really shopping this team, he should man up and do it in public and give the club the best chance to find a buyer. If he can't generate enough support through his "network" to support the team through sales of tickets and sponsorship, what makes him think that one of his friends are going to purchase a team for the right to lose $100,000 per month. Only a total idiot would do that, but as we all know, there are plenty of those in the MISL.

Finally - and the actual reason I was going to post to begin with - the Wave should really spend some time on their public relations department. Their press releases seem to be written by a 12 year old, and when you make an announcement about this seasons kits being designed for charities, you should have the jerseys to show when you make the announcement. If you had the shirts for a public fashion show (even though the fashion show received NO coverage in the market), then you should be able to reveal them to the people who actually care about them, the fans.

Sorry if my first ever post was too opinionated. I don't have the "insider" information like MISL4EVER, but I thought if the team is actually for sale, and this league is on life support (whats new), then it should be out there. I hope Mr. Lindenberg finds a buyer who actually has resources and connections in Milwaukee that will support the Wave. I would be crushed if the team left Milwaukee.

Six weeks until the first game and no schedule, nobody knows where Rockford is playing, Philly wants to take their ball and go home because the teams want to play more games (who can blame him honestly, we are going to end up with a bad and unbalanced schedule where Rockchicago plays the Wave like six times in a 12 game home season - that will be fun).

I would say GO WAVE, but Mr. Lindenberg might take that the wrong way and go away.