rockford rampage 2010-11 season

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005

2. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002

3. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    a) Chicago will be named the gIants? - good luck with that - I have it on pretty high authority that that is not the case
    b)The Rockford debacle?? what is that?
    c) how is it embarrassing? to you?
    d) the Wave have nothing to do with this and it is your commissioner or ed hale that makes the decisions to wait correct? that is your people
    why do not rip into them or call them embarrassing?
    e) How do they have their sights on ruining a league? They are in business to stay in business - they want to last and i am sure that they want the league to last? They have nothing to gain by making the league fail. This makes no sense whatsoever
    Indoor soccer is a fail waiting to happen - I hope this works out and team expansion but you really have all this on the same level as heaven - get a grip my friend - it is not that deep
    and they bailed?? the league folded and that is whole nother story which you really do not know any of the inside of that - so I do not need a rebuttle on that
    Soccer-turd posts again - SHAME

4. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005

5. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005

I'll respond to you without calling you names. It really is easy to do that; especially when you can comprehend and communicate.

GoStorm, I realize that you would be happy to have a team in Chicago. Believe it or not, i would too, but only under the right circumstances. The City of Chicago is a graveyard for indoor soccer teams, yet for whatever reason, the MISL just can't (won't) walk away.

If I'm in Omaha, I'm angry. If I'm in KC, I'm angry. Heck, I'm in BALTIMORE and I'm angry. Bowing to the City of Chicago at the expense of the other teams' growth will cost the MISL in the short and long term. To do all of this only for the Chicago team(s) to be one and done is a waste.

SHAME

6. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I would love to see a team play in the chicagoland area again - yes
    I just think that it is funny that you lash out at Wave and everybody else when it is the MISL making this decision solely
    Your God and Temple are the ones who are making this process the way it is
    To be honest - if the MISL wanted to wait until next year or even the year after so be it - this year ok but the MISL decided
    Nothing to do with Milwaukee or anybody else but the MISL
    do you see the road? The MISL is the answer you are looking for grasshopper
    Oh and one more thing - have you seen how selfish the wave are - they are raising funds for charities at EVERY SINGLE GAME of the season boy how selfish can you get eh?

7. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    word-well put...

8. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    OK, if the charities are going to benefit, than fine; I have no problem with that, but who are the Wave fooling.

This may have little to do with the charities and a lot to do with the Wave trying to disguise who they really are. However, what the Wave should understand, is that any mask they put on, will still be transparent.

SHAME

9. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ok-come on now...good grief. lol

Answer me this bud-would you like it if they were gone all together?

Would that help or hurt the league?

Glad to hear your thoughts...

10. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Did you happen to read the list of charities they are giving to??
    They are auctioning off their jerseys at every game and giving all the money to very reputable and well deserving charities that will benefit greatly
    What does the WAVE really have to do for you to let up on them - give blood - oh wait I believe they do have a blood drive
    hmmm - have we heard what the Blast does for charity??
    The Wave have foundations for all sorts of charities and good causes
    seems to me your Blast is selfish my friend - oh no wait it is not the Blast it is you that is selfish - only care about the Blast / want a one team league so you can be Champions every year / cut down every other team because they have beaten your Ed Hales team / and then pick on the team that makes a big PR push to give to charity - how cold hearted can you be? I am a preachers kid and I think I have told you before - I worry about your soul

11. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    SoccerMan: Pick out the one that you do not agree with or think does not belong here or maybe you could suggest a better charity
    Gee those charities look so self centered to Milwaukee don't they
    Gee National Charities such as these boy why would any contribute to them??
    I roll my eyes with disbelief at this and pray for non soul as you are about as cold as them come
    The charities are: MACC Fund, Children’s Hospital, Go Pink!, Autism Society, Boys and Girls Club, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation/American Diabetes Association, Ronald McDonald House, United Way of Greater Milwaukee, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Special Olympics and the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

12. Joey Tee

Joey Tee Member

Newcastle United
    United States
    Apr 12, 2010
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he does this as a bit man...to get under everyones skin and to piss off the elderstatesman of this board. It is his delusional way to grab attention but more so, driving attention to the league. What he doesnt get and what I figured out a while ago is that this indoor board is about 15 people deep. 6 of them sleep together and then there is soccer man-who is now three people really...leaving seven other posters...and then minus me is 6 leaving wls9999 and cardshop and a few others...lol

the math doesnt work but F it...I dont care really

the occasional people drop in to contribute to good threads-but there are none of those really....

I said a while back that anyone who responds to him is just driving what he wants. And as long as we keep responding, he will keep it up. I like it though...its the train wreck theory I guess...

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yawn.

14. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're hoping....no one will recognize...that they're the Milwaukee Wave...by not dressing the same every game? Is that what you're saying? Wow. Just wow.

15. MISL101

MISL101 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Is THIS the soccer man everyone is talking about on the forums.

I can see why he's not liked very well. He sounds like a little kid.

What the hell is wrong with charity? Everyone benefits from it...

16. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    No, I think everyone is talking about another soccer man. I think the guy everyone's talking about goes by the name of Chinese Checkers Girl, but everyone calls him soccer man for some reason.

17. Chowerton

Chowerton New Member

May 25, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the jersey auction program was my idea, and clearly there are people on this forum that don't understand the meaning or reasons behind it - I thought I would chime in to let everyone know the reasons.

I have been in the sports marketing business for a long time - I have worked in the NBA, major league baseball, hockey and now I have the opportunity to work in a sport that means something to me.

I grew up watching the Tacoma Stars at the Tacoma Dome in front of 18,000 fans on a regular basis. During the decline of the original MISL, I became interested in sports marketing - the MISL is the reason I have been able to make a good living and provide for my family.

Marketing the sport of indoor soccer is completely different from any other sports property in the country - or in the world for that matter. This isn't hockey in Canada where you can just open the arena doors and people buy chairs.

As an organization - one that operates on 12 people not 125 like NBA or NHL clubs (but we are expected to do the same things), we need to find new ways to engage local sports fans, and more importantly - re-energize fans to come back to Wave games.

This started as one jersey auction - for Autism. My two sons are on the Autism spectrum, and NIKE, along with our graphic designer have developed an amazing puzzle piece jersey that will not only appeal to those who are collectors of MISL jerseys (I would imagine that some of you who think this is an awful idea, will still be good enough to bid on these game worn, autographed jerseys), but also those that support the charity.

In the last two years, I have put on autism jersey auctions with two teams that has generated over $50,000 for autism awareness.

We have embraced the fact that sports teams are not just athletes on the field trying to win championships, but also a public trust. As a part of our foundations mission, these jersey auctions will provide funds for area charities that make a difference in our communities, and give fans a great - authentic and game worn souvenir.

These 12 charities (and 36 total over three years), will allow us to market to a segment of the population that we might not already be touching as well, and open our business up for additional sponsorship opportunities.

Yes - we will sell tickets and sponsorships to sustain our business so we can keep operating, but we will benefit these charities in a high profile way.

In addition to the uniforms, we are working on a number of high profile celebrity appearances that are tied to the charity. This isn't something that we are taking lightly, and it is becoming the center of our overall plan for this season.

It is not, however, the entire plan. Chellee and the rest of our amazing staff are all working on projects that will ensure Wave soccer continues for another 25 years.

It's hard to please everyone, but we are consistently reviewing all of our platforms and disciplines to ensure we are working towards our goal of becoming the most fan centric organization in all of sports.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at chowerton@milwaukeewave.com.

Thanks, and we will see you in MISL arenas this season!

Cory Howerton

18. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an excellent idea. The Wave is fortunate to have you as an employee.

19. MISL101

MISL101 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    Ok, your more of an asshole than soccer man. You earn numero uno on my hit list.!!!
    :mad::mad::mad:

20. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Three angry faces. That's serious. On the Pentagon scale that's one short of a nuclear attack.

21. MISL101

MISL101 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    You basically already attacked me like five times.

22. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    So does that mean you won't lower it to two angry faces?

23. Rich P

Rich P Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Cleveland, OH
    Ignore the "naysayers" on here. The person who always rips the Wave on here is a complete jackass who gets his entertainment from starting trouble.

24. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Totally solid idea that's been done in minor league hockey with success. Good idea with a good cause, rock on my friend.

25. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I am from Chicago and the Wave are the team for me to hate in the sports mind - however I have been to oh I don't know about 25 Wave games over the years and I love going to them - wish I lived closer and I have made many Wisconsin friends that I have met at the games - it is just that they are the enemy for an hour or so
    The only thing that really bugs me is all that time and all those games I have never ever caught a parachute!!!! and I don't care about the shirt or whatever it is on the end - I just want the chute - hahahahaha
    Bang up job you guys you do up there!!!!!!