rockford rampage 2010-11 season

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by cardshopmd, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    has anyone heard anything the bidding deadline is 8/25/2010 just wondering if they will play or fold this year

2. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Fold- unless you have a half a million dollars to spend to keep them alive

3. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats what im thinking

4. CaptSteamer

CaptSteamer Member

Nov 8, 2006
    St.Louis
    I don't know, but indoor soccer in the Chicago area is like a leaky boat with no way to fix it. Also people there have too many other sports to follow, indoor soccer is at the bottom of the heap. I hate to say that-I miss the Chicago-St.Louis rivalries. Chicago is a great sports town, but I'm not so sure our beloved sport can survive there.

5. INDOOR INSIGHT

INDOOR INSIGHT New Member

May 31, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Prospects do not look good for Rockford continuing in the MISL, but a base obviously exists for indoor soccer. Attendance for the AISL team at Victory was almost as much, at times, as achieved at the Metro Centre.

Is it time to start considering a PASL team in Rockford? Attendance would look good in the PASL. A set of teams is already in place in the Midwest so travel could be reasonable. Players are probably available from the area.

I would certainly like to see the MISL Rampage continue in Rockford, but would be happy to see indoor soccer remain in some form.

6. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

no news is good news at this point meaning they are still going to play

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing you can take from silence is silence. Given that you should always take the under when it comes to indoor soccer, I can't agree that no news means they're still going to play.

8. Soccer-Man

Soccer-Man New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    With the Chicago Giants in position to join the MISL, if Rockford folds, than the in-city rivalry angle is gone. That was one of the attractive aspects of placing a second team in Chicago (per the MISL).

I can't understand why they would feel this way, because Chicago won't support one indoor soccer team, let alone two. Granted, if someone has the money and there is an available arena, than hey....

9. brownbelt16

brownbelt16 New Member

Jul 5, 2010
    maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why doesn't the misl take over the rampage the AIFA minor league indoor football takes over teams till they find an owner to take care of the team

10. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    You are a stupid, stupid ass.

11. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, wait a minute...why was it attractive again?

12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree with you ken untill they say they will not play there is a outside chance of hope they can still play or have already found a buyer for the team

13. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who said anything about the misl placing a 2nd team in
    Chicago this will not happin if 2 have already failed the sting & the rampage unless OPRA is buying a team it will fail if OPRA owns a team it will attract tons of people

14. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    CardMan- There is a very, very small chance a buyer can be found and keep them in Rockford. Why in the hell would you even want that? They draw less than 1,000 per game, the city could care less about the team etc...

I'd rather go without them and focus on building other more "stable" franchises up. After all- if your a prospective buyer or TV exec looking at indoor soccer, and the rest of your teams are drawing "decent" attendance figures...... and then you see Rockford drawing 500 fans?

Pathetic

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay outside.

There's a chance Kate Beckinsale could show up at my house tonight. But I'd take the under.

16. FifaMan328

FifaMan328 Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Kate is leaving my place by 9 Kenn...

You can catch her on the rebound

17. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Soccer-Man was making his usual inaccurate assumption that Rockford is part of the Chicago area. It is 75 miles away from Chicago.

18. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    I was thinking same - he is referring to a 2nd Chicago team as Rockford & Chicago. If he had said a 2nd illinois team - that would make sense but a 2nd Chicago team - he is just referring to his Rockford/Chicago geographic boundaries which like was said is 75 miles apart
    Again - his dillusional make up of the facts??
    What would be funny - what if Gary Indiana had a team? Would that also be a suburb of Chicago or would it be a separate team in his eyes since it is in another state? Even though you can walk from Chicago to Gary since they border each other.
    Just a humorous thought for the day

19. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I live in Rockford and our airport is named "The Chicago Rockford International Airport".

Oh my god maybe Soccer-Man is right and I do live in Chicago...Go White Sox!!!

20. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    you do realize that you just threw a ton of fuel on the SM fire
    and I think he is flaming

21. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burn baby Burn!!!!

22. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs
    Um the City of Chicago and the City of Gary, IN are about 40 miles apart. But, besides that point , YOU walk to Gary, IN! That place is a damn war zone! I would'nt walk through Gary with Obama on my back!

23. GoStorm

GoStorm Member

Oct 24, 2008
    whoops - you are right - my bad
    although I think it is a little closer than 40 but you re right they do not border each other
    it is whiting right there at the border and few little towns until Gary
    but you can bounce between Chicago and Indiana on foot
    and it is closer than Rockford

24. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its Pathetic i agree but if we can save rockford & get them making money we can get more investors to come in to the misl & have a even better league

25. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you puma i needed a good laugh i almost chocked on my dinner