Rochester to face Metros

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by lfcli30, Jun 23, 2005.

1. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. bjdaly

bjdaly New Member

Aug 15, 1999
    Rochester, NY, USA
    I wouldn't expect a great crowd. It's an early weekday game, and I think people have caught on that MLS teams don't put their best foot forward for these exhibitions. For that matter, the Rhinos don't depending on the league competition too.

While USL teams may put more into Open Cup games, MLS teams put forth a much better effort too. So I think people get a little more excited about those.

3. Guelah Papyrus

Guelah Papyrus New Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Fairport, NY
    The crowd will be quite small. (6-7000). People don't care much for the friendlies anymore, it's on Monday, my thermometer says it's currently 95 degrees, and the Metros aren't exactly packed with USMNT players (a draw for the not so rabid fans). I look forward to the game. I'm betting we'll see some Rhino's that haven't played a lot lately.

4. Bleacherbutt

Bleacherbutt New Member

May 1, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    It would have been a little more meaningful if the Metros brought some of their regularly rostered players. Names on the back of the jerseys would have been a nice touch, too. I am with you, enough of the friendlies until MLS starts fielding a larger portion of their regular rosters.

5. drew_VT_6

drew_VT_6 Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For a meaningless game of third stringers and non-roster players? Whatever. Rhinos fans are smart enough to know now what they'll get from these games.

MLS suits already know what Rochester brings to the table. This game means nothing except to the guys who get little PT.

6. Guelah Papyrus

Guelah Papyrus New Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Fairport, NY
    I've gotta say, the DC game last year was fantastic. Starters all played for a while, competition was good. Maybe the MLS clubs would be willing to show us their stars if we sell more tickets up front? (Won't happen at FF). Or maybe we played DC at a time that was condusive to their starters playing....? Who knows?

7. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Well now you get to do it all over again...

but this sequal is for some thing alot more meaningful.. The US Open Cup..

I'm guessing Fans will turn out for this one and that both teams will bring strong squads....

hope its better for you kids this time around....

by the way when is that new stadium opening up??

8. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most likely in the spring because of phase II, but if for some crazy reason the money doesn't come in which it most likely will, the soonest the stadium will open is early september.

9. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    well I got tickets already and I can say they had more tickets sold already this time than they did the last time I got them for the Rochester vs MetroStars at the end of June. And I had bought those tickets months in advance...

10. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Come down to the Stampede. Your welcome to join us.

11. OriginalAEK

OriginalAEK New Member

May 6, 2003
    Syracuse, NY
    How much were those going for? And what section are you in.....we have to get all us Metro supporters in the same area

12. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I feel stupid asking this, but where's the stampede? And do you guys cheer for the Rhinos or Metrostars? Although I'm a Rhinos fan, I'll be there cheering for the MetroStars...

13. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are in in the bullpen. We cheer or the Rhinos but you are welcome when ever you want to drop in.

14. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Are you guys the ones that scream all the time and the crowd finishes what they say? I can't remember what you guys scream :rolleyes:

15. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Close, They are the other Fan Club. We are farther down.

16. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    on the bleachers still or no? lol i don't go there often only when they play the MetroStars or if I get free tickets.

17. Rochester

Rochester New Member

Jun 10, 2005
    WESTERN N.Y.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Walk past all the bleachers and take a left then go up the stairs and there we are. :D

18. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    ok I know where you talking about now... I'm just a little slow... :rolleyes:

19. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    And the Rhinos win... 3-1

20. Mikeymike15

Mikeymike15 Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Atlanta
    Long time lurker, first time poster (on the rhino boards).....

Great job last night...not sure what the final fan count was. Hopefully something good. Here's to Rochester getting and MLS team and bringing professional soccer back to western NY. (oh the days of the Buffalo Stallions,....lol :D )

21. soccergrl7

soccergrl7 New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    The fan count was 10,547

22. flmls

flmls New Member

It was fun last night. Nice crowd, it's amazing what happens when a team plays in a little park, 10k+ crowd looked very nice in that intimate little place. Too bad the new park doesn't have seats so low and close to the field, I love them.

23. rhinosfan392

rhinosfan392 New Member

Dec 16, 2004
    You are kidding aren't you? Paetec Park will probably be the best venue for soccer in the country. Frontier Field is terrible! PTP will be way more intimate.

24. flmls

flmls New Member

it's not ideal, i'll give you that. but the stands are nice and low, that's all i'm saying. I don't like the seats that are like 4-5 feet off the ground and like 15 feet from the field, can't really tell from the PTP pics. Look at some of the old grounds in england, where the stands are right on top of the pitch, it looks pretty sweet. If the bleachers were right up against that signage in the outfield it would be cool. That's all mate.