Rochester Stadium News...

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by MLS3, Oct 17, 2002.

1. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  3. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed my post Deejay..hahah

4. Rhinofan

Rhinofan New Member

Jan 10, 2000
    Rochester, NY
  5. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    Sorry to be skeptical, but isn't there a feasibility study going on to "modify" their current stadium? While Rhino fans insist that Rochester is a huge soccer town and everyone in town just loves that team, the City Government seems ambivalent about the Rhinos. If people love the Rhinos so much why are City Council people so NOT interested?

Your worst case scenario is obvious-the City council will receive the study that says "by adding these things to Frontier, we don't see why this stadium cannot accomodate the A-League Rhinos and the baseball team." And penny-wise City Council people will say "see, if those greedy Rhino owners would just cooperate everything would be fine." They don't give a crap that soccer is better on a soccer field.

Good luck, I hope your dreams are not dashed. But the events I have seen from afar in your area don't give me a lot of hope.

6. flipper

flipper New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Eastern US
  7. Throwins

Throwins Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Around the Puget Sound
    stadium/ferry

actually the ferry would be great as it would garantee at least 10 extra admissions/season tickets for the Toronto people who are Rhino fans.
    The other solution would be to build the stadium with canadian dollars, save a lot that way.