Robinho to Benfica? [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by _DvA_, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Veiga can always ask his good buddy Pinto da Costa to borrow some cash? :D

2. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    no thanks we want clean money :D

3. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Is their blood stains on PDC money? ;)

4. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Well...you won't get that from abrahmovic

5. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How does Abrahmovic fit into the conversation? :confused:

6. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Well, the tabloids are at it again. Record reports that Robinho to Benfica in January is a done deal and that Jose Veiga was in Sao Paulo yesterday. Ojogo is claiming that they are in talks and A Bola also said that there is a verbal agreement but that nothing is signed yet. A Bola also asked Veiga about it and he said that he was in Brazil on business but denied any deals for Robinho. Every year it's the same thing, if us Benfiquistas would believe everything, we'd have Rui Costa, Rivaldo, Adani, and all those other guys that were "done deals." If it happens, I'll be jumping for joy, but it's highly unlikely that it will.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Its official Robinho to Benfica in January

www.report.pt
    just report Robinho will join Benfica in January, it looks like Benfica will have three Santos players, Alcides, Almeida and Robinho

http://www.record.pt/index.asp

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  9. Leprechaun16

Leprechaun16 New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    St-Hubert, PQ
    Re: Its official Robinho to Benfica in January

Too bad that Diego won't play with his fellow Robinho...

Can't wait to see next Benfica-FC Porto

10. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite

I've heard rumors that this might have Chelsea money included in the deal.......any truth to that? I'd read the article, but my Portuguese is minimal. :eek:
    Thanks.

11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

One of my favourite sayings is "Don't believe everything that you read"... just a thought ;)

12. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral

Why this thread? There's already a thread called "Robinho to Benfica?" in which I posted this rumour this morning. There is nothing official about this. It's a bunch of crap and there's no way Robinho's coming to Benfica (unless it's on a short loan). Although I would be really happy if it was true, the tabloids are once again trying to sell newspapers and all this does is destabilize the team. Remember Rui Costa and Adani were also guaranteed in Benfica and we all know what happened next...nothing.

13. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT

According to lancenet.com.br Chelsea is buying Robinho and Alcides. If not completely, at least partially. If there is no deal with Benfica he would go to Ajax, also as a bridge to Chelsea.
    Officially, Santos FC will not talk to the Press.

I also heard that Chelsea wants to buy Julio Cesar from Flamengo, since their previou #1 GK wants out from his permanent Bench spot as sub for Cheh.

14. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada

Benfica hope Chelsea assist Robinho signing
    tribalfootball.com - October 27, 2004

Chelsea could assist Benfica to win the race for Santos dazzler Robinho.

Benfica's general manager Josè Veiga says they could share Robinho's registration with the Premiership giants to bring Robinho to Portugal.

"I don't know if Chelsea are willing to do this, but if there is this possibility, we would welcome it;" he said.

Santos are demanding £6.5 million for the Brazil international.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/october/englshnews8271004.html

I doubt this is going to happen

15. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I don't know about the other soccer newspapers in Portugal but when the megazine A BOLA reports a rumor they're usually right. Check out the column.
    www.abola.pt

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    you got believe

17. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Robinho is not the "number 10" Benfica needs but he's is too good to pass up, if Benfica has the opportunity to sign Robinho, they should do it.

18. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    The New Pele...
    Thursday October 28 2004

CHELSEA SIGN BRAZILIAN
    According to various reports, Chelsea have reached an agreement with Brazilian club Santos for 20-year-old striker Robinho. But as the young star is not eligible to play in the Premiership, he will go on loan to Portuguese club Benfica. A fee in the region of £10m was apparently agreed to. Robinho's agent Wagner Ribeiro told the Daily Mail that this move suited his client: "They speak Portuguese as in Brazil, the climate is mild and the Portuguese are like brothers".

http://www.football365.com/news/transfer_gossip/story_131686.shtml

Is this a done deal yet?? It looks like Portugal is now the official gateway into Europe for Brazilian players.

19. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Believe it when I see it Frank. They shouldn't stop at Robinho, they should sign Teves too ;)

20. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    PSV makes more sense as they already have a relationship with Chelsea..but that article makes it look like PSV is buying him outright on their own. $34 million is much more than the 10 million pounds Chelsea is rumoured to buy him for.

21. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
  22. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Breaking News Robinho to Benfica for 1 and half years only!!!!!

The Rumour is true. Robinho will be going to Benfica in January. But do not get to happy as he will be leaving in September 2006. Here are the deatails.

Chelsea has bought him from Santos for $10 million dollars. He will report to Benfica in January and will play in Benfica for the 2005/ 2006 season as well. the reasons for this were that Chelsea could not get a work permit for him right away and a move to Portugal would make his move to Europe much easier. He can play wing or as a Striker. He his 20 very fast and as good as Cristiano Ronaldo and boy can he dribble the ball. He is 20 years old. On a side note looks like Chelsea and Benfica have work out a deal similar to the the Sporting and Man Utd deal.

23. NoNameBoys

NoNameBoys New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    A Catedral
    Re: Breaking News Robinho to Benfica for 1 and half years only!!!!!

Santos management is denying the whole deal but apparently Robinho himself said he was interested after last night's game, and his agent Wagner Ribeiro said that the deal is almost finalized. It would be impossible for Benfica to straight out buy him, but if we can have him for a season and a half, it will be great. I just hope this deal doesn't stay in "aguas de bacalhau" like my dad says.

24. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Re: Breaking News Robinho to Benfica for 1 and half years only!!!!!

Do you have a link Roy?