Robertson Parking Policy Change . . .

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by cowboypb, Jul 22, 2006.

1. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    . . . or was I just taken? I tried to use my parking pass that I paid for in advance and the 5-Star parking attendant says "Sorry, but U of H wants another $5 for your parking ticket . . ." What? They are taking $10 for anyone just driving up - on average I paid $8 for each parking pass, plus another $5 and that's $13. Yeah, the benefits of being a season ticket holder are just getting better and better . . . another call to the FO on Monday. I mean we are halfway through the season and this is just now happening? The 5-star guy said everyone was cussing him out . . . we didn't but felt like it. Another lame move . . . thanks U of H - you have guaranteed that I will no longer buy any concessions from you . . . :mad:

2. GKDAD

GKDAD BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 8, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, I got the same treatment. Boy was I pi$$ed! FO will be getting a call from me too. I enter on the NW corner. A fellow season ticket holder enters from another end and did NOT pay the extra $5 tonight. Regardless, someone better have some answers on Monday! :mad:

3. apog

apog Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Cypress
    Same thing happened to us so if you were scammed at least you're not alone. On top of changing prices for a prepaid service midway through the season, I'm also irritated that we weren't even informed of the change.

4. 3VIL L33T

3VIL L33T New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    I got in fine.

no one tried to tax me for more money.

five star got you good
    my pass is for 12a and 15d
    does that make a dif???

5. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nope sounds like the same pass - we entered 12a from the Scott street entrance - and traffic was a little backed up trying to get in because they were having to explain the "situation" to everyone with a pass.

6. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmm, then I guess you guys really probably DON'T want to hear about how there was no 5 Star person at the entrance to the $5 lot across from Moores Opera House near Elgin and Cullen when I got there at 5:30, thus I parked for free tonight. The signboard saying $5 Dynamo parking was up, but no one was there yet, and there has always been someone even earlier than 2 hrs before the game. Have no idea if the rain had anything to do w/it, or the person was just late for his shift. I thought I heard from someone else at the tailgate that there was no one taking money at the Scott St. lot around the same time, so they also got a freebie tonight.

7. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hahaha. The same thing happened to us, but we got in free for the $10 parking, we parked where we always do, but there was nobody there to take our usual $10, so we just drove in. It was pouring at the moment and lightning like crazy but I thought at least somebody would be in a car or something. There's always people there taking our money by that time. Guess they were off planning how they could rip off the late comers.

Guess it's a good thing I didn't buy the discount pass for season ticket holders. :)

8. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't pay extra, but I do have to explain to the parking attendant every single time that I've already paid for a season parking pass. They always look at the parking ticket that I give them as if they've never seen such a thing. I've sometimes had to explain to them that they need to tear off a stub and give it back to me so that I can park.

9. apog

apog Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Cypress
    Ok. I get it now. Someone did a quick calculation to figure out the revenue lost due to having attendants show up late and came up with a brilliant idea. A surcharge! That's the ticket! We make up for the $ lost by charging later arriving season ticket holders an extra 5 bucks. I'm sure there's someone in line for a promotion for his / her quick thinking.

10. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    Same thing happened to me-but I told the attendant not to bother and you'd never get my $-and drove off (saying something stop me if you can,tow me, etc.). I spoke to the Sr. VP of Sales and marketing for the Dyanmo-Steven Powell spowell@houstondynamo.com and he gave me his card and wanted me to email him with all of the details and that the situation sounded shady. Email him today!!!!!! They will probably meet about it Monday. I told him to tell Oliver that I wasn't happy (I've complained to Luck in the past)-that usually gets things fixed. This definitely sounded like a scam to me-probably some attendant that wanted to make sure extra cash. Have your voices heard!!! Or the Gestapo, I mean Uof H/5 Star will have their way with us. Sic semper tyrannus!

11. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Thanks for the email address I sent him and my ticket rep a message. Including an offer for them to buy back my parking passes if this is policy.

12. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    hey I just got a mass email from Powell at DFO reagarding the parking situation. it was adressed to all season tix holders-he is good man! Thank at the RBNY game for being a DFO person that cares. If you got scammed-call the Dynamo Front Office Customer Service line at 713-276-7500. Good thing I found Powell and not just some ticket rep!

13. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    wow-I really need to read over my posts-I sound like Balki from Perfect Strangers. But you get the point.

14. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Balki, what did the email say? As I said, I didn't even have to pay this time, much less get ripped off. But I didn't get the email. Was it sent to all season ticket holder, the ones with prepaid parking, or just to those that complained? I never got the prepaid parking, so maybe that's why they didn't send it to me. But I was curious what the explanation was.

15. zolafan

zolafan Member

Aug 10, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh no, don't worry, actually I thought you were Latka Gravas...

16. TXMilan

TXMilan Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for Saturday. This game was moved from August 5 and the parking pass says August 5 on it.

This will make some of the parking attendants heads explode. Get ready for more hassles trying to park.

I got the email even though I did not have an issue with parking on Saturday. It looked like it went to all the season ticket holders.

17. cowboypb

cowboypb Member

Dec 15, 2005
    The Bayou City
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Basically it was: "The issue was the result of a communication error which has since been rectified . . . "

18. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston
    For those that are curious. Here is the copy of the email. And like other posters have said, call the customer service number if you got scammed. I just wish I knew what the communication error was.

19. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like the FO is calling the season parking pass holders to ask if you had any problems.

I didn't have any problem with an extra charge, but I mentioned the point above about how the parking attendants are completely clueless when you hand them a parking pass and will struggle with understanding the "August 5" this Saturday. The FO has apparently talked with 5 Star earlier in the season about their parking attendants, but, well, you know.

20. apog

apog Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Cypress
    Hi. I spoke with the Dynamo regarding the extra parking charge. My understanding is that there is a parking pass worth $5 issued with family pack tickets. Due to communication / training / whatever reasons, some of the parking personnel thought the game was a family pack night (which it wasn't) and couldn't distinguish a family pack parking pass from a season parking pass and so charged the additional $5. This shouldn't be an issue whenever the next real family pack night occurs. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one.

Refunds are to be available at Gate 1 pregame and at the half this Saturday.