Robbo comes to town

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chriswalk27, Feb 1, 2004.

1. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    http://www.transferwhispers.com/for...ber=608&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Hopefully this is true because I think he is a quality keeper who if he doesn't play with us this year, should at least put a lot of pressure on Keller to perform next year. Also at 2.5 mil that is pretty much the max I would want to spend on him. Not a steal but we are not overpaying either. I would doubt that Viduka is going anywhere since his deal is very complicated but that could screw it up since I doubt Leeds can afford to lose top players in the window and stay up.

Chris Walker

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The club look determined to sign him and we definitely could do with him, either this season or next.

Keller is a good player and no liability, but he's in his mid 30's and it's never too early to plan for tomorrow, plus more importantly every club in the Premiership needs at least two experienced goalkeepers to cover injuries and to compete with each other. We're now the only club in the league to have just the one seasoned goalkeeper, even Man City have learnt their lesson.

2.5 million is a good fee for his age and quality. Even if at the end of the season Leeds get relegated, unless they go bankrupt (which I can't imagine happening), then they'll still want something like this for him.

3. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Well apparently we have got him, and the price is £2m. We will loan him back to Leeds for the rest of the season. I think it is a great bit of business as I am not a Keller fan.

4. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    I still think there are other places on the pitch we need players more than goalkeeper but for next year I think at 2 mil that is a great move. Now we still need to bring in another midfielder and we could actually consider making a run at top 6 or 7.

Chris Walker

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Pleat Says the Right Things

Don't know that it's actual sentiment, might just be PR, but in any event, Pleat said exactly the right things. Kind words to Leeds and Keller.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,31-1121918,00.html

In another article he praised Zamora as well. I realize it's public relations for the most part, but considering how he and the club have spoken about Kanoute of late (and Pleat got another dig in today), it's refereshing.

-Digital