Robbie Rogers Currently Training with PSV?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by IMOX77, Nov 26, 2004.

1. DLite

DLite New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Santa Ana ,CA
    So should GAM not even bother showing up at PSV now that Robbie Rogers is lighting it up?

2. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The one good thing about GAM showing up at PSV is we will be able to follow how he is doing. I thought we would have had more info on how EJ/GAM was doing with Manchester United.

3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Man I really hope PSV sign EJ and Robbie Rogers. Imagine that the 4-3-3 of PSV Eindhoven was DMB - EJ - RR

THAT would be awesome. He scored a goal - pretty good!

4. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Isn't Robbie being looked at as a reserves prospect? He's just a hs senior after all.

5. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    How tall does he look here? It seems to be a better picture to guess his height with
    [​IMG]

6. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino

I saw him not too long ago-he is 5-10-11, about 165-175 lbs, very thick upper thighs and big shouldered-not a skinny rail by any means. Somepoe pointed out his dad-about 6-1 and 200 lbs or so. My guess is he is still growing.

7. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Anyone know anything???
    I check PSV website but since i know zero dutch i couldn't find aything

8. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    He left his "two month trial" to join up w/ the u20's after Jay Denny was unable to make the trip.

http://www.ussoccer.com/editorial/fullstory.sps?iNewsID=134071&itype=&iCategoryID=

9. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  10. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino

I hear he is due back in Holland in late January. Contract talks are on-of course he does not turn 18 until May and money is always an issue with U.S.players in Holland. Someone said that a couple of German teams are also interested.

I saw him at the U-20 match yesterday-I would say he is 5-11 and 165-70 lbs. He looked sharp. Made Freddy look good.

11. coingoal

coingoal New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Robbie has what it takes. I trained with him almost every day before I came over here to Germany. He runs like he is flying, has skills, and confidence. He has size, fitness, and speed. He will make it and should get picked up. I know his agents and they are just taking their time finding him the correct options. He is still super young.
    I wish him the best.

12. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    ...so he really does exist!

13. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Robbie Rogers assists on Chad Barretts goal in the 1-0 U-20 USMNT win over U-20 Canada

14. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Nice to hear. I hope he does sign somewhere in the New Year where we can follow him more closely.
    At least we get to see him playing for the U20's this mth.

Does anyone know who is carrying this on TV? If anyone?

15. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I would expect to him to continue trials and training with clubs unitl he turns 18. Which is not unitl May 12th.

Have not heard whether the Jan concacaf qualifying tournement will be on TV or not. It would be nice if FSW picks it up but im not counting on it

16. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL

I just hope they pick up the actual World Youth Cup.

but it would be cool if they picked up the Tournament. He seems to be playing really well with the U-20's