Robbie Rogers Currently Training with PSV?

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by IMOX77, Nov 26, 2004.

1. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    Yeah, the images of Brad Friedel and Matt Reis with hair were a bit jarring. And Eddie Lewis looks like a surfer!

2. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Thanks, my mistake was totally worth it. I'll take the all-UCLA team in an alumni tournament. The pictures are awesome. Hejduk doesn't look at all like I'd have expected.

3. mtkstriker

mtkstriker New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Montauk,New York
    Seriously, Joe Max Moore looks like Corky

4. ur_land

ur_land New Member

Aug 1, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Man does CA produce soccer talent. 36 UCLA all americans from 1983 to 2003, and all but 5 of them (Friedel, Henderson, Tenneyson, Yi, & Vanney) were from CA.

5. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    Not too sure. Donovan is a big talent. But CA is more quantity, and New Jersey is more qualify. Harks, Ramos, Reyna are all from NJ, and counts Rossi, Szetela, and Gaven too. Don't forget Howard. All from NJ.

6. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    um
    Robbie Rogers???
    Anyone???

7. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Has anyone on these boards ever seen this kid actually play?

RR is the New Phantom Of Big Soccer.

A lot of talk and no one sees him. Is he any good, or is he an Older boy?

8. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino
    Very fast. Good right and left foot. Hard worker and intelligent. Once saw him play with the Orange County Blue Stars when he was 16 and a California team when they won State at U-16 (and I thinkt regionals) when he was 15 I think. I felt he was a top young talent My guess is he will do well wherever he lands.

9. JohnJohn

JohnJohn New Member

Dec 11, 2003
    Chino

I dont' read dutch but it looks like he played in a freindly today and scored a goal. http://www.psv.nl/show?id=14640&contentid=7778

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds very promising.

11. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did score today. Here are some lower quality versions of pictures from the game and a possible hint at another yank abroad????

"Robby Rogers played this morning and scored for Young PSV in a friendly match against a team from Romania! Hereby I send you some pictures! I heard he’ll stay in Eindhoven for a while!

Regards,

Jörgen"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. jri

jri Red Card

Sep 28, 2000
    boca
  14. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    This wasn't just a "team from Romania", but the Romanian National U-21 squad.

This makes the win pretty impressive from the PSV and Robbie Rogers point of view.

15. ohk4

ohk4 Member

Jun 22, 2003
    Berhalter is also from NJ

16. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I've watched him from the time he was 10 or 11. Always one of the fastest kids I've seen. Haven't seen him in the past year, year and a half, so I don't know whether he still has that same speed and acceleration. I always thought he had the potential to be outstanding, not only because of his speed, but also the way he moved. Very wiry, supple body. His ball striking was always good, and while he was never a magician with the ball, his ball skills were decent enough.

17. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA
    It says that they beat the Romania U-21 National Team. What is age of Rogers? Also the height and weight information?

Very good he wears the #10 shirt that in Dutch is a center forward such as RVN.

18. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Rogers, Robbie F 6’0” 150 05/12/87

19. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
    Hard to believe that he's six feet tall and weighs only 150. Doesn't Beasley weigh 150? In the photos of Robbie posted above, he definitely doesn't look that skinny. Nor does he look six feet tall.

20. KenC

KenC Member+

Jun 11, 2003
    Yeah, not 6', but he definitely towers over his slightly crouching defender in that 3rd pic.

21. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Beasley was listed at 126, I believe.

22. HartwickFan

HartwickFan Member

Jul 31, 1999
    Climax, MI
    Club:
    VfR Wormatia 08 Worms
    Nat'l Team:
    Tuvalu
  23. Dave Brull

Dave Brull Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Mayfield Hts, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is EASY to be 17 and 150 lbs. even if you are 6'0. By continuing to breathe, he'll be at about 170-180 by the time he is in his early twenties which is about right for a 6'0 soccer player.

24. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    When I was 17-18 I was 6'0" 150. Now I'm 28 and 6'1" 185. It is definately possible.

25. IMOX77

IMOX77 New Member

Jun 15, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    It might be wrong, I got that from the US soccer website http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/stats_results.sps?iType=269. Though its hard to tell from the pictures how tall he is.