Robben's time so far

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by Macksam, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Macksam

Macksam Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Brampton, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I haven't been keeping up with Bayern Munich recently. Anyhow, how has Robben been in his little tenure at the club so far.

2. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Injured or worldclass...mostly injured:p

3. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    He missed half of the games but when he's on the pitch he's clearly a difference maker.

Can't wait 4 the Rib & Rob show in the "Rückrunde".:D

4. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    None of your busines
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's been world class in only 3 or 4 games imo. A bit over half his time was spent on the sidelines injured. He was ok in other games, way too selfish. He seems to be getting better though and imo we have still not seen the best of Robben. I think Robben will really arrive in the 2nd half of the season, where we are going to see him rape every single defense we play against, I have a feeling he will shine vs Fiorentina.

5. shealygg

shealygg Member

Jul 5, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    More like world class injured!

I think his best game was the final game of the term against Berlin. Seemed to create havoc, yet played unselfishly. Encouraged for the second half...

6. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Early On...
    Too many touches on the ball, then getting hacked down because of it... thus injured.

Recently...
    Less touches on ball, releasing and passing... been available 4 games in a row now!!!

Let's hope for the latter to be the trend, not the former, as with Real Madrid.

It is hard to imagine that this guy is not even 25 yet!!! He looks like he is 32 already! LOL!
    He hasn't even come close to his prime years yet.

7. Kleyn

Kleyn Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He will be 26 in January ;)

8. JeffS

JeffS New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cameron Park, CA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That pretty much sums up Robben's career - a brilliant difference maker who gets injured a lot and can be too selfish at times.

But since his flashes of brilliance are indeed so brilliant, people are patient with the injuries and the tendency towards selfishness.

9. Zullu

Zullu Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ask any random dutch guy nd their answer will be :selfish and injured too often:p

10. Bayerisch

Bayerisch New Member

May 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the first match he played he pushed the bar of expectations a bit high with scoring twice. Then he fluttered out a bit... got injured. He just works the ball to hard. I mean hes got great talent but he doesnt need to walk the damn ball down to the posts... just dribble, pass or shoot. No need to try and nutmeg the GK every time!:D

11. humin12

humin12 Member+

Sep 20, 2008
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't jinx it, man