Robben: the new Cruijff

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    ROTFLMAO :D

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿The great escape, the 2004 version? :D Not nearly as good as the original though, that sucks.

I'm way too lazy to twist words around, especially when directly quoting what was written works just as well to show you're quite the contradicting person.

3. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I never said he was rubbish, I said he was overrated.

4. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Why is he overrated, independent sources are calling him a fantastic player. He recieved a player of the month award in England. Those people aren't crazy. But he will not be the new Cruyff. He is a winger and he's from a little village. He will be a great player, but Cruyff was and will be the best for a long time.

5. Jimmy32

Jimmy32 New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Amsterdam
    Though I love him as a player, and I hope that he brings success for Oranje in 2006, Robben does have the tendency sometimes to dissapear from games... but that is something he can easily work on.

6. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: Then I guess Reyes is a grossly overrated mime.

Yup - most of your board admitted he was damn good.

By asking for help, and then trying hard not to fall down. You bet.

You mean that amazing slalom through most of your defense? Yes, of course they were at fault for his genius. Riiiight.
    Jealous much?

7. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What the hell has that got to do with anything :confused:

8. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Sorry MT but I completely disagree. Coming back like that after a three month foot injury and to immediately have that much of an impact on his team is pure class. Yes there will be games that he won't be genius - he's only young after all, and the thing about young players is that they're not consistent. Rooney for example. Would you say Rooney is overrated as well?

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He's a left winger and that's a tough position! What's important from Oranje's point of view is that when he plays, the opponent will get at least two defenders to mark him. So even if he goes missing in a game, he'll have his value.

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He probably means that players from the big city like Van der Vaart act in a much more mature manner and can deal with their celebrity status a lot better than Robben. NOT.

11. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Three words, 480 million euros.

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿Is that the total amount the Dutch teams received from the government?

That article was a bit old, so if it was over 400 million euro then, it might very well be 480 now, good estimation.

13. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No Oscar, that's what the Galacticos got by selling their training grounds. You know this right?

14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I would post that link again, but it seems you're either too stupid :) to click on it, or to understand what it means. So instead of me going back a page to find that link, we'll just pretend that this is it:

LINK

Hey, if you can pretend you actually have a point, it won't take much more imagination to pretend that's a real link. :D

15. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The article mentioned that Real Madrid were found not guilty (this is different than 'innocent') of having received illegal government funding.

The fact remains that Real Madrid still pocketed Eur 480 mln by selling their training grounds, correct?? And you're calling me stupid?

As said before, you're just in denial. I'm sure that you'll find something to rebuke me with, but frankly speaking I've had enough of your bullsh!t.

16. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey, you just wrote that a neutral party judged that Madrid hadn't received any government funding from that sale....what do you know, the make believe link actually worked.

Wait a second, this can't be. You can receive money by selling something?....impossible! :D

It was your cue for playing the "I've had enough of this/I'm bored" card already? I guess even you realised how stupid you sound, ahead of time. Commendable :)

17. Vandervaart

Vandervaart Member

May 21, 2003
    London
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It seems that your main capabilities are quoting other people, and then replying via quasi-intelligent non-original comments. Paying Eur 480 mln for a relatively small area (a former training ground) that just before was 'handily' (maybe 'suspiciously' is a better word) designated for re-development, is way over the top. If you can't understand the economics of this deal, I guess that means that you're not only in denial, but also stupid. That also means that you should really stfu now.

18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As people on this board who know how the prices are in Madrid have said from the beginning, that's not an unbelievable price for the amount of land in the city (small? :D) that was sold.

But hey, I didn't expect less from the guy who first said that Madrid received government money, then when proof otherwise was shown said he knew 'better' than a neutral party who investigated the case, then gave unbelievable conspiracy theories as to why the E.U. would say Madrid didn't receive any gift money from the government, then went on how just because you aren't guilty of receiving money doesn't mean you are innocent of receiving money :D...to now, after all else has failed, try to make the legal amount they got for that land as the 'bad' thing.

¿Yet somebody else would be in denial? Funny guy. :) Reach some more.

19. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Everybody agrees that you're the one who's in denial Oscar. And the entire world of football agrees that Real Madrid and Madrid municipality are at least guilty of creative bookkeeping.

Never mind though. They'll lose to Juventus, won't win La Liga this season, and, more importantly, they don't have the money to compete with Chelski in bidding for the world's best players. They're a bunch of has beens.

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Whoa, not 'bored' with it anymore? Or was that another one of your "I write something, then a few posts later I'll pretend that I never wrote it" thingies.

I've got a official investigation result on my side, you've just got bitterness and a touch of jealousy on yours. :)

Oooh club trash talk when the actual subject being discussed isn't going so well. How in the name of Jesus does one counter something highly original like this....oh yeah: it's always better than the never was like FC Twente, alas no amount of government 'subsidy' will ever change that.

Whoops, is that your cue to be 'bored' with this discussion again? :D It might very well be.

21. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'll support my club even if they're in the sixth division of the TVB, and I'm pretty confident most other Twente fans would too. Unlike you and other Real Madrid fans, I don't feel the need to convince anyone of the fact that my club is a proper grass roots football club.

But hey don't despair. In some strange ways it's even more fun to support a club in crisis than a club that's constantly winning.

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It's a good thing this of course can not be proven, you like those remarks best it seems. :)

You should switch over to the RBC camp then, they have won slightly less games than Twente. More fun to be had no?

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I can't help but laugh at gloryhunters like you who assume that the only way one can enjoy football is by watching one's club win. Might I remind you that without the minnows of this world, and without people like me who pay for a seasons ticket every year as well as for their national FA membership, football would be dead.

Are you a member of that nazi Real supporters association then, what are they called again? Ultrassur?

24. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    You hit that nail on the head - Oscar still denies that Aragones's comments about Thierry Henry were racist....

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    It's a well documented fact that Real's hardcore supporters are closely linked to Spain's ultra-right nazi extremists. There's no way anyone can deny that. Even the club (to their credit) banned Ultrassur from games for a while for that reason. But I think they're allowed back in now.