Robben: the new Cruijff

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Nov 22, 2004.

1. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Not sure why, but I get a slight hunch that you might be biased.

2. White-green Pride

FC Groningen
    Netherlands
    Feb 23, 2001
    Groningen, Nederland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'd say he does pretty well for an overrated clown....Name me one other overrated clown that can play as well as Robben....Bassie anyone?...

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Re:

You really are a Real Madrid fan aren't you? Look I'm not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of the deal Real has with the Madrid municipality, but you do come across a bit silly when you're defending them by using comparitively small Dutch clubs as an example of others being more guilty of financial mismanagement. Twente got a one million loan under the condition that the Enschede municipality maintains insight into their administration. That means that even if they do have the money, they will not be allowed to hire players that would weigh on the budget too heavily. So what according to you is the crime that Dutch local government commits here? They get a club out of immediate financial trouble, a club that is widely supported in the local community and very much part of the city's identity, with ONE million. That is most probably less than Real pays out in weekly salaries.

So let's put things in perspective here for god's sake. Do go on and defend Real, but don't be absurd and compare their financial dealings with Dutch clubs. The two are lightyears apart.

4. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Jealous that everybody's talking about Robben are you? Oh how I'll laugh come the world cup 2006. Anyway don't be so bitter, you've got your own properly talented Dutch duo after all. Or do you worry that Wenger got the wrong Dutch left winger.

5. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    johan, there was a time I thought you was one of many respectable posters on BS. Has she always been this retarded?

van Persie is class, and I believe he'll be starting upfront with Henry this weekend.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Hehehe. I seriously think Robben is the biggest thing in Dutch football in a long time MT. Van Persie is probably even more talented but he's got massive problems in the personality department.

7. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Van Persie is probably even more talented but he's got massive problems in the personality department

Not so far at Arsenal though. He may (hopefully) be maturing.

8. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    You mean apart from the Worthless Cup where he tried to elbow a Man U players head off?

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    He's got an Anelka-type relationship with his family and you all know what happened to him. I do think Van Persie has the most beautiful technique I've ever seen btw. Way he kicks a ball is poetry in motion.

10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Well, it's a good thing to know you haven't got the exclusive rights to coming across silly by still writing and implying that Madrid has received money from that sale when it's already been proven otherwise. (wouldn't want an 'unfair competitive advantage' now would we :D )

Seeing as Madrid did not receive any gift money from that sale, and Dutch clubs receive gift money whenever they are in need of it, I don't see how it would be 'silly' to adress that when somebody raises the subject of a club receiving money from the government (to pay their debts).

The same one which started it all in the first place: somebody (wrongfully at that) accusing another team of benefitting an unfair advantage over other teams because of the government.

Like I said earlier, "Hey, you're the one who started this whole receiving money from the government is bad". It's like you people can't handle this truth that the Dutch government is the Sinterklaas to their clubs or something, it's not something to get mad about, FC Twente would probably not even exist in it's current form if not thanx to the government....rejoice and stuff. It would probably help though if you didn't accuse and say it's bad if other clubs do the same, moreso when it's not even true.

11. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Oscar - do us all a favour and go find a busy motorway to play in...

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hey, at least this time you didn't pretend to know what you were writing about, and went straight to the insulting. It's hard to believe, but you're actually evolving. :)

13. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You mean apart from the Worthless Cup where he tried to elbow a Man U players head off?

Big whoop, so he got a little chippy, sh!t happens. I've no real problem with that, it wasn't close to a Roy Keane let's take Haaland's leg off type deal (or whoever that guy was). I was speaking more with respect to how he deals with his manager and teammates.

14. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He's got an Anelka-type relationship with his family and you all know what happened to him.

I'd not heard that. Hopefully, he outgrows it, he's a tremendous talent.

15. mad theory

mad theory New Member

May 10, 2004
    London
    I'll recommend adding him to your ignore list.

16. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    As you continue to pretend that you do.....

Loved your logic on that last thread - if a Spanish journalist goes to work for an English media organisation then he loses the ability to understand Spanish....

Just keep cracking those arguments out so that we can all see how sane you are.

17. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Man, I must have really hurt your feelings in that thread.

¿Do you need a hug? :D

18. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Not at all - I was just surprised to see how keen you were to demonstrate your racist tendencies to such a public forum.....

19. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ¿Why is it bad to demonstrate your racist tendencies in a public forum?

You don't see me saying it's bad that you are showing your stupidity in a public forum do you? Don't be racist towards racist tendencies you nazi!

20. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    Johan,
    we were never going to sign Robben. Manyoo and Chelsea were going to get him... so there really wasnt a choice in the matter. am i happy with Van Persie? absolutely~

21. nucgunner

nucgunner Member

Apr 30, 2004
    Van, Can.
    Wenger is using van Persie as a center forward. And I think he'll replace Reyes as the intended long-term partner for Henry, with Reyes playing on the left wing. Arsene is creating a new striker for Holland.

Oh, and I'd love to have had Robben at Arsenal.

22. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Oscar I never implied anything of the sort re: Madrid, I think you've got the posters you're responding to mixed up. I think I am correct in assuming that Real Madrid has at various stages got away with massive debts while it still continued to buy big players. Correct me if I'm wrong. All I'm saying is that Dutch clubs don't get away with such behaviour.

I also never claimed that receiving money from the government is bad - again I think you're mixing up the people you're arguing with. If you go back in this discussion, you'll in fact find that I stated literally that I think it's fair for local government to get clubs out of trouble if that club has widespread local support.

23. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I know all of that. I just reacted to someone claiming Robben is rubbish. Which he clearly isn't.

24. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    "I think the key difference between Real Madrid and Dutch clubs receiving money from local government is not just in the amount" :confused:

Vitesse.

Plus all those clubs that were facing bankruptcy a few seasons ago, I doubt that happened in just one season, that was season upon season of bad management, I don't think those clubs stopped getting players during those years.

"That said I think clubs should only be supported financially under very strict terms, and it shouldn't lead to unfair competition (so no Real Madrid scenario please)" :confused:#2

¿You been letting someone else post with your account or something?

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You can twist my words all you like Oscar, I'm bored with it now.