Rob Green spurned again

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by lesliemoss, Nov 6, 2011.

1. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    It's really shameful that Capello ignores Robert Green for the England squad, especially since he's playing outstandingly, and even worse, he's apparently rated by Capello behind Scott Carson(who's not playing in England), and David Stockdale( of Ipswich). What a crock!
    Joe Hart is clearly #1, but Green should be right there after him.
    I don't know if Green actually cares that much, but if either Carson or Stockdale can't play for some reason, I hope Green tells Capello where to go.

2. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I dont think Hart is 'clearly' number 1. If there is a better English keeper than Green I havent seen him

3. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Although Green is an excellent shot blocker, when the time comes for him to leave his line he can be a bit shaky and indecisive. However, as far as England keepers its hard to believe he isnt at least #2.

4. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hart is a better keeper than Green by a long shot. Green had his opportunity and completely shat the bed in S. Africa. Very blunder-prone, indecisive, and nervous when he dons the England shirt. That said, Carson is shat too. I'd have Butland as the 2nd choice keeper for England.

5. Lasse

Lasse Member

Oct 27, 2004
    Espoo
    The real issue on not just for the keepers but whole of the national team is learning to be capable of handling the enormous pressures.

So often I hear arguments on it being a part of the job but really, it isn´t and shouldn´t. Just look at e.g. Anton Ferdinand who received murder threaths after been dragged - without his own will - into that Terry issue. And this is just an one minor example.

People do learn and so what if Green made that mistake in that one match in WC? How would we know if that blunder taught him something or made him more error prone when dealing with pressures if he wouldn´t be getting a second chance?

The amount of pressure: as ridiculous as it is I don´t see any positive progress there in the future, rather the opposite Your media being as sheer rubbish as it is and the average reader being as stupid as he/she is.

What next? Headlines: "Midfielder missed the pass: nation in flames." Commentators discussing whether the manager should resign as he´s suspected using a f-word in his childhood. Maybe.

Well, actually, not maybe. Most likely.