Road Trip: Houston

Discussion in 'Crocketteers' started by CagedMonky, Jul 13, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Lets see the Dynamo next month....

A few of us are thinking August 9 against the Chicago Fire since some of us will take that Monday off.

Pro: Night Game at 7:30 pm
    Con: Sunday Evening (but we plan on taking off work the next day)

Thoughts?

WE want to go to a game where we can take the most people. It be cool to talk to Lion and take the double decker bus. That is just wishful thinking.

2. jhope

jhope BigSoccer Supporter

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Mar 18, 1999
    San Antonio, TX USA
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would love to go but it is my first day back to work. I am thinking about going to the July 25th game though.

I am not saying no at this time but it will make it tough.:(

3. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Thanks for the update... We are also planning to go to Austin this weekend for Copa Aztex.

4. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad yall can't go Aug 1st guys, thats on FSC. I guess you can send a video to MLS sites like MLS Rumors. Talk to the Texian Army to see if at some time they can hold up a sign that supports you guys. Doesnt hurt to ask, they have a web site, just google Texian Army.

5. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Aug 1st might work too. I'll ask around and see if that still works for the ppl who were down for the 9th. It might be better for jhope.

6. jhope

jhope BigSoccer Supporter

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Mar 18, 1999
    San Antonio, TX USA
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    August 1st would be great!! I vote for this date.

7. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    I failed to realize August 1st is a bad day.... Couple of family engagements... I was saying in an another thread about going to Houston when the time is right and we can take a decent group.

Our growth is good however the activity from "members" is not there and understable as people want to watch from the sidelines especially when a team has not been announced.

8. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you have to go??? Don't you guys have other responsible people who can do this? Hell, help them arrange it and go to your thing and they can pull it off. I'll be there and was hoping to see your colors and banners. Are you there daddy or what!? This is the last chance, I believe, for a nationaly televied home game in english!

BTW, Miami supporters have been reported as shouting out for an MLS team in Miami already! MLS Rumors if you would like to see. 19th team has been figured out and ONLY 1 SPOT left. GO AUG. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Can't I am in the Wedding Party and have to be at this event. . Like I said we will go once we get a decent group to show. What good will 1-3 ppl show? Other than those three at most I cant convince others to make the 200 mile drive. I feel that if we can take a banner with a decent group of 10+, then that will be the best time. Believe me I want to be in Houston as much as possible to watch the Dynamo. People will be more active in the group it seems when we do get a team. Kind of a catch 22. Unfortunately, we are not at that stage yet with our numbers and moreso the participation. If we grow strong heading into next years MLS season and World Cup , I believe we can put a decent showing for road trips.

We are attempting to put a soccer team together for the group to play in the local amateur league. I think we can make an impression through there.

I doubt SA is in the running for the remaining expansion spots. I'm being optimistic about a future relocation...